Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 23, 2014, 11:04:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338107 Posts in 13842 Topics by 2214 Members
Latest Member: CoreSignal
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  FINAL FANTASY XV, This is a fantasy based on reality.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] Print
Author Topic: FINAL FANTASY XV, This is a fantasy based on reality.  (Read 26737 times)
glassjawsh
insolent cur

corn is no place for a mighty warrior

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #450 on: Today at 07:45:25 PM »

^ Pro tip: it doesn't actually hurt

I agree with the rest of this statement.

Klyde Chroma
LVL 12. Obsessive Compulsive Fruity Assassin

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #451 on: Today at 08:16:52 PM »

@ Damacon/ You sure know how to stir the pot buddy. I'm starting to get the idea that you just really hate games but are rather fond some choice memories you hold onto of a time when you enjoyed them.

If you look for fault/fallacy in RPG's you will find it. If you play through FFXIII condemning it and focusing on internet forum whining you will be hard pressed to even catch what it is you COULD potentially appreciate.

I'm gonna take a titan of a title, Suikoden 2 as my example. I can play through it whoring out and exploiting the most game breaking teams and unite attacks. I can ignore the game-length puzzle of 108 stars and utilizing my favorite characters/teams. Heck, I'm gonna go ahead and play it without playing the first, skipping over long winded dialogue and just blitz it cause its just another something I wish I loved like a game from my childhood. At the end of the day I'm gonna want to cry it had no redeeming gameplay, a lacluster story and all sorts of other problems.

Your not gonna see this ^^ often.  While it can certainly prove one gamers experience with the title, if you appreciate what the game offers, it likely won't happen. You almost naturally get swept up in searching every nook and cranny with a distinct sense of adventure and discovery in Suiko 2. Can you break the game and bitch about it? Of course. 9 out of 10 gamers are gonna be captivated by a sweeping narrative and OCD tendency to tying up loose ends and completion-ism via 108 stars of destiny that yields a massive amount of optional ways to tackle the game.

In short even the best games can be lacluster depending on how much of a critic you are and how you go about them. Play and appreciate games for what they go right and you'll have fun.

And if you stumble across a few games you REALLLY hate on every level, don't play them. The end.

I'm gonna be "that guy" that claims the distaste for games in the current gen stems more as problem with the "gamer" than the games.

Now i'm beginning to re-hash what I said in the other thread so I'm gonna stop there and go back to believing with all my heart that the PS4 will be the most amazing thing to happen to me in my adult life yet as a gamer.

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #452 on: Today at 08:41:02 PM »

I like how after 3 years of it, we're STILL arguing about final fantasy games and our own personal likes and dislikes regarding how they're approached. The best part of it all is at the end of the day every single one of us will be guaranteed to play XV regardless of how bittered we were or how engrossed and overjoyed by previous installments.

If you say otherwise I will call you a baldfaced liar.

TASTY!
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

WOLOLO

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #453 on: Today at 08:43:54 PM »

I like how after 3 years of it, we're STILL arguing about final fantasy games and our own personal likes and dislikes regarding how they're approached. The best part of it all is at the end of the day every single one of us will be guaranteed to play XV regardless of how bittered we were or how engrossed and overjoyed by previous installments.

^

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #454 on: Today at 10:13:28 PM »

I need a PS4 first...

I probably will play it eventually, but I'm not sure when that will be.  No immediate plans to get a PS4.

Klyde Chroma
LVL 12. Obsessive Compulsive Fruity Assassin

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #455 on: Today at 10:21:36 PM »

Short and sweet truth here. Wise words sir.

I think its appropriate to note the hallmark of any worthy media is longstanding debate as to its value. Love it or hate it, D is right, it still has us talking now doesn't it? To explore the fact further, I also think there is great value in anything we love or hate enough to examine "why". Final Fantasy has certainly achieved that at the very least.

I think the ultimate truth in all of it for me is that, whether or I love FF or hate it, the franchise is valuable to me and worth experiencing as an enthusiast of the genre. The games are arguably cultural experiences at this point.

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.

Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #456 on: Today at 10:39:10 PM »

I'm with Kevadu, I don't have a PS4 yet, but when I do get one (next year, definitely) I'll play FFXV and I imagine I'll have quite a bit of fun with it if it plays like KH.

But really, even with Shimomura, it's going to be really, really hard to top ARR's brilliant OST.  They have their work cut out for them.
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #457 on: Today at 10:51:16 PM »

I'm with Kevadu, I don't have a PS4 yet, but when I do get one (next year, definitely) I'll play FFXV and I imagine I'll have quite a bit of fun with it if it plays like KH.

But really, even with Shimomura, it's going to be really, really hard to top ARR's brilliant OST.  They have their work cut out for them.

After Theatrhythm I've been hooked on 'Under the Weight'.  I guess after X amount of orchestrated and pleasant FF songs this one stuck out and makes me visualize wildly.

I can't wait for FF15.

ALso...
I saw this:

...getting posted around.  While I think it's a bit simplified, I will say that I'm a big fan of more open-world concepts being input into JRPGs.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: