Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 28, 2014, 11:01:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327603 Posts in 13412 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Trails in the Sky FC PC release July 29th
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author Topic: Trails in the Sky FC PC release July 29th  (Read 849 times)
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Today at 08:24:17 PM »

I never said I didn't want anyone else to get the games.

I said if XSeed is going digital only, I'd rather someone who can actually produce a physical release get the series.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Today at 08:47:18 PM »

That's where you are sticking your head in the sand: nobody is going to release these games physically at this point.  Nobody.  It's a small miracle we're getting them at all.

Also, there is plenty of reason to believe that it's SCEA, not Xseed, that's the real obstacle to releasing the PS3 versions here.

Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Today at 09:00:48 PM »

^Exactly Kevadu.

Most companies wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole without drastically changing or altering the game in a highly undesirable way.

Maybe you should look into some business classes, Lard.  I'd say Business 101 but Business 100 seems more your speed.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Today at 09:18:31 PM »

Oh so now we're just resorting to personal insults? Classy.

Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Today at 09:33:38 PM »

Also, there is plenty of reason to believe that it's SCEA, not Xseed, that's the real obstacle to releasing the PS3 versions here.

I'm guessing this game is highly 2D right? Being PSP and all.
Isn't there a rule against 2D games on PS3 by SCEA? (which somehow Disgaea 4 dodged)
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Today at 09:39:32 PM »

Aaaaand people on steam are bitching about the Japanese voices not being included and threatening to boycott.

Did I mention lately that I can't fucking stand gamers and the gaming community anymore?

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Today at 09:41:01 PM »

Isn't there a rule against 2D games on PS3 by SCEA? (which somehow Disgaea 4 dodged)

No they're not.

This is what the PS3 version looks like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mm-7fGsNXlQ

Annubis

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Today at 09:47:15 PM »

No they're not.

This is what the PS3 version looks like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mm-7fGsNXlQ

Everything is 2D in there except the environment which is mostly 'planes' (is that the term in English?).
This could easily be a PS2 game (which is why that rule about 2D was made. They wanted to make PS3 games look more advanced than PS2)
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Today at 09:49:12 PM »

I'm not aware of any such rule.  The reason I'm talking about is the fact that the PS3 version uses the PSP remaster system.  There has not been a single PSP remaster released outside of Japan, period.  Basically they're using an emulated PSP environment running on a PS3, but they're not real ports and they don't know anything about the PS3 environment.  Which means there's no way to put trophies in them, which is something SCEA is a lot more anal about than SCEJ.

Aaaaand people on steam are bitching about the Japanese voices not being included and threatening to boycott.

Did I mention lately that I can't fucking stand gamers and the gaming community anymore?

The hell?  The only 'voices' in this game are friggin battle grunts.  The story isn't even voiced.

Annubis

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Today at 10:22:12 PM »

I'm not aware of any such rule.

It's not an official rule.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=103765
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Today at 10:36:46 PM »

That was in 2006...when the PS2 had tons of 2D games and the PS3 eventually got stuff like Rayman and Disgaea...I don't buy that in the least.
« Last Edit: Today at 10:40:26 PM by Mickeymac92 » Logged

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #56 on: Today at 10:41:40 PM »

While I don't know a lot about this topic, I can think of a at least a dozen 2D titles on the PS3 off the top of my head; so I'm sure there will be heaps more than that.

And what about all the VNs in Japan that are released on PSP and PS3? They're (almost) all 2D.

Annubis

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Today at 10:48:29 PM »

SCEA, not SCEJ

And I mean, it's not that bad a policy if true.
America not being so hot about 2D / anime is a known thing ('we' are not the common market; CoD outsells RPG)
I mean the PS3 just had The Last of Us and then it would get something like this?
It's pretty brand damaging just thinking about it.
« Last Edit: Today at 10:53:26 PM by Annubis » Logged
kkhohoho

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Today at 11:00:01 PM »

The hell?  The only 'voices' in this game are friggin battle grunts.  The story isn't even voiced.

I'm guessing that they want a 'pure' experience. If they really wanted a 'pure' experience, they'd go get the original Japanese version for PC, which is not only in a completely different language from English, but doesn't even have the voices responsible for this 'outrage' in the first place. Or, you can just get PC Steam version with translated text and just a touch of English VA. Your pick, people.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: