Author Topic: RPG Fan Decides My Next Game

Starmongoose and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Rook

• View Profile
Re: RPG Fan Decides My Next Game
« Reply #15 on: Yesterday at 07:00:46 PM »
Star Ocean IV? Are you just checking to see if anyone here hates you?

I also see a vote for Bravely Default. Your enemy list keeps piling up.

Mickeymac92

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Yesterday at 07:50:10 PM »
I know you guys are joking around, but damn...I liked both Star Ocean 4 and Bravely Default. Kinda weird for me to see people shooing others away from them, especially when it's already clear that they showed enough interest to buy them in the first place. At some point, you just gotta try to get some value outta what you bought...and that's if he winds up sharing your opinions of them.

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
I Draw Stuff Sometimes

Annubis

• ee yan~☆
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Yesterday at 10:03:56 PM »
I know you guys are joking around, but damn...I liked both Star Ocean 4 and Bravely Default. Kinda weird for me to see people shooing others away from them, especially when it's already clear that they showed enough interest to buy them in the first place. At some point, you just gotta try to get some value outta what you bought...and that's if he winds up sharing your opinions of them.

How did you not cringe to death watching THIS ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNauq6_9iP0

Rook

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Yesterday at 10:19:57 PM »

I've almost bought SO4 multiple times. With the exception of the VAs the trailer looks good. I really liked SO3 too (more than SO2). I think whats holding me back isn't that from what I read that it might be bad, but that it will be bad and 70 hours long.

I HATED Bravely Default. I bought it on launch day but I should have known. I never really liked the FFesque job system except in FFX-2 and FFT (some people do, personal taste). Grinding is rarely ever fun anymore especially w/ a battle system that IMO wasn't fun. Plus the characters were annoying. Graphics were good tho, and I did sell it on amazon for a miniscule profit. So there is that and according to reviews its seems like I'm in the minority thinking that its lousy.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 10:21:34 PM by Rook »

Electricb7

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Yesterday at 11:12:16 PM »
Voted Trails of Cold Steel because its an all-time great. Its long as hell though and you'll probably go directly into CS2 after finishing it. So your next 160hrs of gaming are probably set.

I'm perfectly ok with that.  Trails is my second favorite RPG franchise.
I'm voting for Cold Steele as well.

The games MAJOR fault is its development budget of $52. The potential is there but holy hell. Its like a group of 12 people trying their hardest to make a jrpg.
I just gave up 90 hours in.

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Yesterday at 11:48:02 PM »
@Frostillicus - yes.  Yes I am.  And you'll notice SO4 has 1 vote, while all-time classics Finding Paradise and Rune Factory 4 have none. :P

@Lian_Kazairl - I bought the entire Mass Effect trilogy for $5 I think summer of last year.  But I played ME1 on 360 ages ago, so I'm actually excited to play through it again on PS3 all the way to its divisive conclusion.

@Aeolus - have you not played WoFF?

No, but I have played Rune Factory 4. Its a good-ish game and a far cry above RFs 1 & 2. Your mileage will vary though depending on how much the RNG likes you (I'll give you the rest of the trip report if and when the RNG likes me enough to let me beat the game).

As for WooFF, I kinda moved on from the FF Franchise back during the early parts of the FFXIII trilogy decade (when it became painfully obvious on just how blatantly Squeenix started cashing in on my nostalgia). I still haven't played Explorers, All the Bravest, FFIV: The Wonder Years, Dissidia, Alltherythym, Record Keeper, My Life as a King/Darklord, etc.
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

Mickeymac92

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Today at 03:44:49 AM »

How did you not cringe to death watching THIS ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNauq6_9iP0

Because I turned off her voice acting the first chance I had.

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
I Draw Stuff Sometimes

Ranadiel

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Today at 06:16:12 AM »
I voted Cold Steel because it is my favorite among the options. I do wish I could have also voted for Rune Factory 4 though because it is sad that it has less votes than Star Ocean 4. :(

I HATED Bravely Default. I bought it on launch day but I should have known. I never really liked the FFesque job system except in FFX-2 and FFT (some people do, personal taste). Grinding is rarely ever fun anymore especially w/ a battle system that IMO wasn't fun. Plus the characters were annoying. Graphics were good tho, and I did sell it on amazon for a miniscule profit. So there is that and according to reviews its seems like I'm in the minority thinking that its lousy.
Oh thank god, someone else that dislikes Bravely Default. I'm not the only one!

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Today at 10:10:21 AM »
I'm not at all surprised that some of my selections to add to this poll aren't exactly universally loved.  But they're games I am really interested in experiencing for myself.

For Bravely, that Job System will get me to forgive a LOT.  And for SO, I'm just interested in getting to play around with another SO battle system after so many years.  If I am not enjoying a game, I will just stop playing it.  I have no qualms about leaving a bad game unfinished, so length doesn't matter much to me.
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons