Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 30, 2014, 09:50:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
335172 Posts in 13724 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Freedom Wars comes out tomorrow (and here's an actual trailer)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Freedom Wars comes out tomorrow (and here's an actual trailer)  (Read 209 times)
glassjawsh
insolent cur

corn is no place for a mighty warrior

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« on: October 27, 2014, 08:39:44 PM »

I searched the forums for this and it looked like some random word-number-number-number named individual already posted about this game in April.  But the YouTube vid he posted in connection was shite.  So here's one that isn't a total waste of time.

http://youtu.be/1vffxKk0Dxw

I've heard good things and am desperate to play something on this Vita of mine that isn't a port.  Is anyone else planning on giving this a shot?  And if not, for the love of Zeus, can someone at least direct me to a decent Vita title on the horizon that I can look forward to?  Or is the system as dead in the water as many suspect?

(My central concern is that my desire to play something decent on my big bright screened toy is distorting my perception on what is and isn't worth a purchase)

edit: I already own persona 4 golden, virtue's last reward and muramasa rebirth
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 08:43:23 PM by glassjawsh » Logged

Damacon

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2014, 09:36:03 PM »

Well Tales of Heart R is coming out next month and I am kinda interested in Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart because I think I remember seeing that was a tactics game. I might be wrong though about that one but if it is probably would give me a reason to play one of those crappy games cause its hard to mess up a tactics game lol.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2014, 09:49:52 PM »

I've heard mixed things about Freedom Wars and I'm not crazy about the genre to begin with so I'll probably give it a pass.

And glassjawsh, if you're looking for something to play on your Vita you should really check out Danganronpa 1&2.  And Ys Celceta.

Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2014, 01:12:48 AM »

Well Tales of Heart R is coming out next month and I am kinda interested in Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart because I think I remember seeing that was a tactics game. I might be wrong though about that one but if it is probably would give me a reason to play one of those crappy games cause its hard to mess up a tactics game lol.

Hyperdevotion Noire was primarily made by Super Sting!, formerly Sting! who brought us games like Riviera and Yggdra Union. So chances are that this will be interesting at least (maybe not good, but interesting never the less).

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Damacon

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2014, 02:28:21 AM »

I really liked Yggdra Union talk about the way rpgs should be every map was fairly challenging because you couldn't farm exp plus the card system made the tactics really compelling and unique.  So does that mean Noir game is a tactics game or at least different from the rest of the Hyperdimension games?
Holykael1
What is a man?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2014, 10:09:38 AM »

I'm buying this, I hear it has a decent story at least and Soul Sacrifice was a great surprise. Hoping for a similar ordeal here.

Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2014, 10:33:15 AM »

Getting this game for free, so I'm hoping it's good, but I won't be shattered if it's not.
Holykael1
What is a man?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2014, 10:44:31 AM »

Klutz I will await your impressions

glassjawsh
insolent cur

corn is no place for a mighty warrior

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2014, 10:54:43 AM »

I'm buying this, I hear it has a decent story at least and Soul Sacrifice was a great surprise. Hoping for a similar ordeal here.

When does that come out in Europe?  (I'm pretty sure you're Portuguese, and I'm 99% sure Portugal is in Europe) I want to try the multiplayer ASAP!

Getting this game for free, so I'm hoping it's good, but I won't be shattered if it's not.

How?

I've heard mixed things about Freedom Wars and I'm not crazy about the genre to begin with so I'll probably give it a pass.

And glassjawsh, if you're looking for something to play on your Vita you should really check out Danganronpa 1&2.  And Ys Celceta.

I always forget I have that Ys game because it's the only physical copy of a Vita game I own.

Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2014, 11:14:20 AM »

How?

My boss at GS is getting a code for it but doesn't own a Vita. Probably won't have impressions to share for a while since he generally doesn't get this stuff until a week or two after it's been out.
insertnamehere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2014, 12:54:31 PM »

Tearaway, if you're cool with platformers, though it is getting a PS4 update.
Soul Sacrifice probably.
Ragnarok Odyssey maybe?
Also a bunch of indie games like Entwined and Fez.
Dragon's Crown.
Army Corps of Hell, but most opinions of it seem mixed.

come get high with me
ba dum tissssss
Holykael1
What is a man?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Today at 08:18:24 AM »

When does that come out in Europe?  (I'm pretty sure you're Portuguese, and I'm 99% sure Portugal is in Europe) I want to try the multiplayer ASAP!

It already came out. I'm only buying in December though.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: