Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 02, 2014, 03:05:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
330170 Posts in 13528 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Megami Tensei Topic
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 256 257 [258] Print
Author Topic: Megami Tensei Topic  (Read 352385 times)
Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3855 on: Today at 07:19:05 AM »

Yup.  One of the reasons why P4 is so much better than P3.

I'm really intrigued by what the Persona team does with a dense cityscape as opposed to a country village.  Hopefully it actually "feels" dense and crowded as you travel through it.

And... I hope that I can stay spoiler-free on this one.  I really do.  I usually don't care about being spoiled by things, but I want to play Persona 5 early on mostly in the dark.  I'd like to hear some additional news about Persona 5's basic social and combat systems, and maybe blurbs and pics of the early cast.  Like, the P5 versions of MC, Junpei/Yosuke, and Yukari/Chie.  Three characters, three Personae, and some info on basic systems.  Then I'll try to black out any other P5 info I come across. 

I don't know man, I find Persona 3 much better than Persona 4. I'd choose an apocalypse over an episode of Scooby-Doo any day.

^ this

I didn't  rally jive with p4. Shin megami tensei is sort of synonymous with the "holy shit its the end of the world!" so id rather they focus more on that and less on hike skool dating sims (though to be fair I still loved p3, but it saved itself by still being dark as shit from beginning to end)

Cross-posted from the TGS thread, where Klyde made the exact same Scooby-Doo comment:

Quote from: Monsoon
You say an episode of Scooby Doo.  I say a murder mystery that evolves into a struggle to prevent the entire world from being drowned in nihilism, using fog as a metaphor for illusion vs. truth.  Whatever.  Potayto Potahto. 

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3856 on: Today at 02:22:33 PM »

I never said it was. I just said it was darker. :P

That's fine. I was just saying. :T

Personally I don't find P3 to really be that "dark" either. It has some dark aspects to the plot, but those get washed away by the overall hopeful tone of the game and the ridiculousness caused by trying too hard to be dark (for example the amount of blood on the ground during the extra hour makes me laugh more than it makes me feel uncomfortable).

What makes a game dark is the thematic and how that it's presented with the scenario and characters to the player more than anything. But is also important to notice that "dark" in itself is as subjective as what horror is (or means) to each person.

That said, the fact that I ended up seeing P4 as a better experience with the anime adaptation than the game(s) tells a lot about the way I view P4 overall.
Pages: 1 ... 256 257 [258] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: