Author Topic: FF12 HD - Zodiac Age (whoomp there it is)

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
Re: FF12 HD - Zodiac Age (whoomp there it is)
« Reply #135 on: Yesterday at 02:34:07 PM »
Sorry, @Isjaki , for not getting to your question sooner.  Some suggestions for Archer:

Red Mage, obviously.  It's what I'm rocking.  The reason being is that Arcane Magick is exclusive to Red Mage, and the most powerful Arcane Magick in the game is Ardor, which is an AoE fire-elemental spell.  Why is this important?  Archer has Burning Bow, which boosts fire-elemental moves.  By itself, Red Mage doesn't have access to equipment that will boost this exclusive and already-powerful spell.
And don't think this combo is only good for late game Ardor blasts.  Oil + Fira, + Burning Bow in the midgame makes this work as well.  Combine that with Archer's 3x Swiftness and Item Lores and you've got an amazing build.

There's always Black Mage, too, for those same reasons (just change Ardor to Firaga and Burning Bow to Flame Staff).  But it also has the distinction of being one of the few builds with MAX Lores on every item: potion, phoenix, remedy, and ether.  And that is very fun to play with; equip the right accessory and "Oh, my tank just go KO'ed and OMG he's back full health right away with one item how nice".  Also, Black has low HP naturally, but Archer has more HP Lores than almost any other class, so they balance each other well there.

Next, we have Knight or Uhlan.  Basically, this would make those jobs kind of your "main" one while Archer's LB played support to them.  But a high STR build with Heavy Armor can make Bows very powerful if you want to do that.  Then, of course, Archer's Item Lores and such.  Always good.

There's more, I'm sure, but these are the basics.
Currently Playing - Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age, Trails in the Sky the 3rd, Final Fantasy XIII

Der Jermeister

• The Angry Videogame Fur
    • View Profile
Re: FF12 HD - Zodiac Age (whoomp there it is)
« Reply #136 on: Yesterday at 05:11:46 PM »
The fast forward mechanic makes this game a perfect 10 so far. Its really cutting it close to FF9.
I still dont understand why I hated this game when it first released. It does some pretty remarkable things.
I'll admit I liked the original version of the game when it released, but Zodiac Age makes it look downright terrible, especially with regards to combat. Developers should definitely implement turbo modes in turn-based or pseudo-turn-based games.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 07:41:06 PM by Der Jermeister »