Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 22, 2014, 10:08:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341346 Posts in 13950 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Legendary Rpgfan forums discussions...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Legendary Rpgfan forums discussions...  (Read 10775 times)
macirex

mac_luzer@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« on: October 11, 2009, 11:27:08 PM »

As in all forums discussion always arise, some are funny others are not... I just want to see what discussions have happened here that could make me smile or could be considered epic. I don´t remember when it happened or which members where involved, but here´s one I had to save for posterity:

member 1:
Off-topic, but a  big JBM: It's "Couldn't care less", not "could care less". Could care less implies that you could, in fact, care less, and therefore do care a sufficient amount. The same is not true when you use "couldn't".

member 2:
Fuck.
Thanks for being a dick. =p
No one around here talks grammatically correct.

member 1:
Fuck you.

member 3:
Pay careful attention to the subject/verb agreement found within that sentence.
It lacks a subject, as in the person that is supposed to be performing the fucking.  "You", as the direct object, is implied as the person receiving the fucking.
"I fuck you" is much clearer both grammatically and conceptually.

member 4:
No no no no no.
The subject is "you understood." It's an imperative. Literally, the sentence reads
"(you) fuck you."
Also known as, "go fuck yourself."
:P

member 5:
Please read the following excerpt:
It lacks a subject, as in the person that is supposed to be performing the fucking.  "You", as the direct object, is implied as the person receiving the fucking.
"I fuck you" is much clearer both grammatically and conceptually.

member 6:
Would anyone care to tell me the underlying theme the author is trying to illustrate?

member 7:
Actually, I'm pretty sure the proper implication of "Fuck You" is, "You get fucked by something/someone". The subject is ambigous, and therefor, likely neither party involved. The pronouns for an ambigious third party in English are "it" (inanimate) and "one", the plural being "they". The French equivalents being "on" and "ils/elles" respectively. So probably the closest completion of the phrase "fuck you" is:

"One fucks you"

The term "go fuck yourself", while having a similar connotation, is not identical since "Go Fuck Yourself" requires the addressed party to innitiate the action of "fucking themselves". "Go Fuck Yourself", being a directive, may denote a measure of power by the author, however since it requires the subject to comply with the command, it may result in the unfullfillment of the authors wishes, therefor usurping some of his or her implied power.

Administrator:
This last few comments are officially Admin Approved.

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it."
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2009, 11:39:47 PM »

Anything involving Russians, porcupines, and dicks.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2009, 02:02:29 PM »

Anyone who was around in 2001 or 2002 probably remembers the epic masturbation thread I started, back when I was Blademaster Dezo.  It lasted for 20 pages and was actually very civil and contained mature conversation in its entirety.  When the admin locked it after 20 pages, he did it very half-hearted "all good things must eventually come to an end" way.  I don't think he even wanted to lock it since there was no troublemaking in it.  EDIT: Back then what made it memorable was that I was the last person anyone would expect to make a thread like that.  My "squeaky clean" image ain't so squeaky clean any more these days. 

And recently, I loved cosapi's thread with his little MS paint picture of the prominent members.  I loved my depiction as a guitar-playing Randy Jackson type black guy, because his insult totally backfired; guitar playing Randy Jackson type black guy is a total upgrade!  

EDIT: And I remember a thread back in '02 or '03 when some numbskull tried to peg me as a misogynist because I happened to be Indian.  Then the entire community jumped down his throat to defend me.  I couldn't respond since my computer was down that week, so when I read it I found the whole thing hysterical.  I mean, if I really was a misogynistic a-hole, Nicole (Sumire) and Liz would've called me out on it a long time ago and whacked my balls with a cudgel.  But *gasp* they actually had some respect for me.  
« Last Edit: October 12, 2009, 08:51:08 PM by Dincrest » Logged

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Leo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2009, 02:42:15 PM »

Is that masturbation thread still on archive? I'd like to read it for a few laughs.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2009, 07:50:12 PM »

Is that masturbation thread still on archive? I'd like to read it for a few laughs.

Unless the Wayback machine caught it somehow, no. The archives go only back to I think early 2006, and this was probably in 2003 or 2004.
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2009, 08:49:04 PM »

I remember back before I was a dick and I would just do a play by play of the flame wars occurring.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Prime Mover

All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2009, 10:49:56 PM »

Oh! I Remember that! That was priceless. I was member 7, btw.

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Trails in the Sky, Bioshock: Infinite
Currently Listening to: Devin Townsend, Dream Theater
Watching: Star Trek: TOS, Slayers, Doctor Who (as usual)
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2009, 12:15:59 AM »

Anyone who was around in 2001 or 2002 probably remembers the epic masturbation thread I started

What's so unusual about a Chrono Trigger appreciation thread?

~~~ooooooooooooooh~~~~~~~

Man I remember all the fanboyish LoM rants/arguments I used to get involved with because everyone hated it and it was my favorite game ever. i don't even LIKE that game anymore.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2009, 02:24:43 AM »

And recently, I loved cosapi's thread with his little MS paint picture of the prominent members.  I loved my depiction as a guitar-playing Randy Jackson type black guy, because his insult totally backfired; guitar playing Randy Jackson type black guy is a total upgrade!

Wow, where and when did I miss this?

But yes, the masturbation thread was great.

For me the most memorable thing probably wasn't a topic, but just some fun with the community in IRC. It was great fun when Tony, me, and I think Eusis, Ashton, Parn, Los, and probably a bunch of others I'm forgetting, went on a SPAM spree on Tedius Zanarukando's message boards. Stupid, pointless, and whatever, but fun. Naturally we were banned pretty quickly, but I had an AOL account at the time and was able to get back on to see what the responses were and that was fun too.

Oh, and, not to brag or anything, but there was the RPG Character Deathmatch between Kos-Mos and the girl from Dark Cloud 2 (I forget her name) featuring the R-Dildo.
ULTROS!
People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2009, 04:32:07 AM »

The cosapi thread

"I feel ugly, I need a hard drink" - Maribel of Dragon Quest VII

Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2009, 04:37:55 AM »

Btw, the OP refers to this thread.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2009, 07:04:50 AM »

Wow, where and when did I miss this?

Here ya go: http://www.rpgfan.com/boards/index.php?topic=5920.0

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Dizzy

死ぬがよい

awe.of.she.1@gmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2009, 01:08:11 PM »

I miss Tedius Zanarukando. That guy was hilarious. Too bad his posts aren't around here still.

Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2009, 03:33:07 PM »

Btw, who was the guy who, just before getting banned for inappropriate behavior, finally realized what everyone was saying which was promptly followed by a gif of Professor Layton pointing out the answer?

That exchange was pretty funny.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2009, 08:07:32 PM »

Anyone who was around in 2001 or 2002 probably remembers the epic masturbation thread I started, back when I was Blademaster Dezo.  It lasted for 20 pages and was actually very civil and contained mature conversation in its entirety.  When the admin locked it after 20 pages, he did it very half-hearted "all good things must eventually come to an end" way.  I don't think he even wanted to lock it since there was no troublemaking in it.  EDIT: Back then what made it memorable was that I was the last person anyone would expect to make a thread like that.  My "squeaky clean" image ain't so squeaky clean any more these days. 

EDIT: And I remember a thread back in '02 or '03 when some numbskull tried to peg me as a misogynist because I happened to be Indian.  Then the entire community jumped down his throat to defend me.  I couldn't respond since my computer was down that week, so when I read it I found the whole thing hysterical.  I mean, if I really was a misogynistic a-hole, Nicole (Sumire) and Liz would've called me out on it a long time ago and whacked my balls with a cudgel.  But *gasp* they actually had some respect for me.  

once upon a time before the terror of boardwipes.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: