Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 23, 2014, 02:22:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329495 Posts in 13500 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Super Robot Wars
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Super Robot Wars  (Read 1070 times)
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« on: June 20, 2006, 12:04:37 AM »

Probably the only Japanese series I actually own more than one of, Super Robot Taisen is finally being brought to America. Old news, yeah.

Since Original Generation is the only one that can be released without all the messy rights issues, it's scheduled for release in late July by Atlus. I personally will probably get it. How about you guys? How do you think the series will do here?

Personally, I doubt large-range success here in America. We're getting somewhat near the end of the GBA's lifespan, so it would've been nice for them to release it for the DS instead. As far as I know, even some crazy SRW fans don't plan on buying it- god forbid they get good sales so they can... oh, I don't know, bring the other games here?
Takabo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2006, 12:43:31 AM »

I've played a few of the non-original titles through roms.  I thought they were decent strat-RPGs, but nothing very exceptional.  To me the entire game seems to be the anime mechs, without that it seems very bland.  I don't know how the original games will go, but other than the novelty of SRW coming to America I'm not very interested.  I may pick it up, but it's not a must have.
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2006, 12:55:42 AM »

It really depends on which one you played. The series has been improved a lot since when it began, imo. Favorite series, squadron system, and seishin.

Still, I doubt that SRW OG will do well since it's hardly known in casual gaming communities. OG was released after the games with the anime robot series were already well-off. It would've been a better idea if they released the SRW OG OVA anime somewhere before they release the game, because a lot of the drive from playing the series comes from either knowing the robot series or a liking of robots in general.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: