Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 21, 2014, 01:19:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341128 Posts in 13942 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Ar tonelico 3 coming to the PS3 January 2010
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 38 Print
Author Topic: Ar tonelico 3 coming to the PS3 January 2010  (Read 90420 times)
WildArms
With my dying will...!

Come on, become a legend

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2009, 06:43:45 PM »

God, god, i feel like a teen girl after getting her first bf, god dammit, i feel like if my dad told me he brought me a car and i cant still have it (maybe i will never hear that..), omg im just spamming everyone in msn telling them all this and i think they are starting to block me, AND I DONT CARE HEHE ILL BOTHER THEM IN COLLEGE.

I think NISA will do a good work this time (its not like last work was thaaat bad, i know it had it bads stuff, but voice acting was good, and it was a lot of scrip in AT2... anyway i know they wont screw it, i feel it in my blood!), and they are all excited with aterier rorona and now they will be more with this one!

I will beat you with my evil strategy of my evil 1.8 million IQ

add me to psn! the more the merrier!
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2009, 07:44:06 PM »

count me among those that are excited for this game.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2009, 08:16:53 PM »

Just out of curiosity, are there any scans of that article that don't suck.

Also is that one character in the upper right corner who looks like that one character from the previous game able to strip down her outfit?

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
WildArms
With my dying will...!

Come on, become a legend

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2009, 08:29:52 PM »

Just out of curiosity, are there any scans of that article that don't suck.

Also is that one character in the upper right corner who looks like that one character from the previous game able to strip down her outfit?

Try these 2 http://www.imagebam.com/image/42108052171401 and  http://www.imagebam.com/image/508e6652171400, i havent seen any other scans, these ones at least can be zoomed, as for the girl lol, i dont know but i though she looked like the girl in ar tonelico 2 as well, but i hope she isnt, because that would mean she just like forgot and stepped on Croix lol (if u got her ending that is) and i dont know wth is that strip system haha, on the rpgfan main page the writer referred about it as "liberation" system, dont know wth is it about O_o i cant wait to see some gameplay x_x

Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2009, 10:25:16 PM »

IMO

AT1 - great main character design, girls were kinda iffy (they were interesting, and different....till AT2 was revealed)
AT2- weak main character design (didn't care for that haircut), girls look amazing
AT3... I actually like this artist, and got the AT2 artbook... but this is pretty weak.  One looks like an anthropic soap bar, and the other looks like an asian anthropic watergun

I liked the game mainly for aesthetics.  The game had a wonderful sense of style and class (when you overlooked the stupid made-for-anime plot devices and sexual innuendos) the made its own language, brilliant music, and unique character designs.  The battles weren't everyones cup of tea.  I can see the hate for this game...I played for different reasons.

But fuck... this game suffered too much (pointless) dialogue.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!
Madoka

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2009, 10:47:31 PM »

I enjoyed the first two games (despite everything), and plan on picking this one up as well.
Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2009, 06:18:33 AM »

The girl is who you would think it is and if you can't see why she would be in this game, you weren't paying attention at the AT 2 ending.  Croix was a lame protagonist anyway.  Although I am saddened by the fact it looks like we'll be having yet another similar hero the third time...

It's never too late to start learning; it's always too early to stop learning.
WildArms
With my dying will...!

Come on, become a legend

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2009, 09:08:55 AM »

The girl is who you would think it is and if you can't see why she would be in this game, you weren't paying attention at the AT 2 ending.  Croix was a lame protagonist anyway.  Although I am saddened by the fact it looks like we'll be having yet another similar hero the third time...

Well ive seen a lot of people saying that the main character just ended being supporting character and it was lame, and maybe the changed that on the 3rd game!, we still cant be sure, yeah i think cocona will be in this game.. but i hope is not that pony tail girl because it would be weird (because of AT2 ending) and besides that pony girl looks weird D: its like she is missing some hair somewhere!

macirex

mac_luzer@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2009, 09:29:49 AM »

Seeing how this kind of games becomes ridiculous hard to find later on, I guess I will buy it for keepsake.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 11:32:32 AM by macirex » Logged

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it."
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2009, 10:27:46 AM »

Time to get a PS3.

magusgs
Resident Otaku

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2009, 01:57:36 PM »

This game along with Atelier Rorona and Agarest Senki will probably force me to buy a PS3.  I guess hoping for niche games like this to be ported to the 360 for international release was wishful thinking...

The content of this post represents solely the opinion of the user, and is not guaranteed for accuracy, completeness, or usefulness.  Any facts potentially contained therein may have little or no basis in reality.  RPGFan shall not be held liable for fits of aggression or disgust inspired by the contents of this post.  Read at your own risk.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2009, 02:22:00 PM »

The PS3 is picking up, and going by quite a few of the posters here many who are in inclined to get these games also own a PS3, or will own one. It probably isn't quite as critical to port anymore, and given how much data RPGs can eat up it may end up being for the best.
WildArms
With my dying will...!

Come on, become a legend

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2009, 03:04:31 PM »

Yeah i think its been hard to leave the ps2 for EVERYONE, the ps3 is doing its best to take the ps2's place but we have to admit, its not easy job for any console.. but well, everything changes trough time and i can already feel the ps2 becoming part of the past, the only important release i would be waiting for ps2 is sakura wars that its in like january or march i dont know..

ULTROS!
People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2009, 12:26:58 PM »

Loads of new stuff:

Ar tonelico 3 + Trailer

Box art

Preorder Bonus ~ 44 Page Artbook

Screenshots:
http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee266/rykomatsu/at3_townmap_01.jpg
http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee266/rykomatsu/at3_battle_01.jpg
http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee266/rykomatsu/at3_talkmatter_01.jpg
http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee266/rykomatsu/at3_synthesis_01.jpg
ttp://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee266/rykomatsu/at3_event_01.jpg

Brief Overview (might be spoilers, from Neogaf):
Code:
The Ar Tonelico series takes place on the planet of Ar Ciel. Due to a prior catastrophy, humanity is forced to take refuge on one of 3 towers, called Ar Tonelico, located around the planet.

Ar Tonelico I takes place on Sol Ciel
Ar Tonelico II takes place on Meta Falas
Ar Tonelico III takes place on Sol Clusta

Sol Clusta is dominated by Reyvateils which are the ruling class. The ideal world to them consists only of Reyvateils and purified humans (ie. slaves)

Characters
Saki - Heroine (CV: Gotou Mai)
Reyvateil who was created in a laboratory for a plan that would have far reaching effects on the world (unclear if it's limited to Sol Clusta or the planet of Ar Ciel). She manages to escape shortly before the plan was to be set into motion and runs into the protagonist after being on the run for a number of years. When under sever duress, she exhibits a power called "miracle" on occasion.

Finnelle - Heroine (CV: Kitamura Eri)
βtype reyvateil (no human bloodline) born in the kingdom of Clustania. Ditzy girl who works in a restaurant on Tocociez Highway (i think?). Her existance appears to have a connection with the Clustania conspiracy but...

Aoto - Protagonist (CV: Sugiyama Noriaki)
Is an apprentice of a master who specializes in construction at high elevations. Doesn't think about consequences when he acts, but has a strong sense of obligation to complete what he's started. Has always had a slight dislike of Clustania, but after meeting Saki, he starts viewing Clustania as an enemy.

Hikarigojyou (Hikari Gojyou?) - Seen in screenshot
Tatsumi - Seen in screenshot

RAH System (Hymnos Synthesis) See link for some minor stuff
This title's Hymnos isn't limited to heroines just "singing" them. If you "combine" hymnos parts that are bourne from the heroine's psyche, the player himself/herself can create hymnos. Merging this RAH system and player's actions, the real-time BGM changes, which the Active Music Generation System accomplishes, brings a presence never experienced before (I'm assuming in regards to game BGM). Creating a good hymn and having the heroines sing it will bring effects such as increasing the vanguard's attack power.

Misc
Some other things I can't make out too clearly or don't deserve their own section.

-Deeper bonds with reyvateils allow them to "unleash" their attire which is probably what is being shown with the twin tailed girl (Finnelle)
-As before, the deeper you dive into the heroine's psyche, the more song magic you can unlock
-Multiple personalities (not sure if singular or plural) exist within each reyvateil. Different personalities prefer different song magics, which will have an effect on the RAH system.
-Aoto's town is at the border of the tower's climate control system, thus it's not completely protected from the elements, resulting in violent winds. The town has wind mills to make use of the winds, however.
-Clustania has the highest level of ameneties in the tower of Sol Clusta and is the central location for Reyvateils. Humans are brought into Clustania to help further develop Reyvateil's skills. Also, anti-Clustania individuals are brought in for cleansing.
-Jumping (i think?) returns to AT3

I'm kinda shocked Namco Bandai is publishing this and not NIS.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 12:28:41 PM by Hoshino_Kid » Logged

"I feel ugly, I need a hard drink" - Maribel of Dragon Quest VII

WildArms
With my dying will...!

Come on, become a legend

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2009, 01:59:59 PM »

OMG time to watch all this, thanks for keeping this updated!
AHH COOL!!
Well namco bandai was in the other games as well if i remember correctly, darn college's internet is so slow... the trailer is calling me..
« Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 02:04:03 PM by WildArms » Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 38 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: