Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 25, 2014, 11:11:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334848 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Ar tonelico 3 coming to the PS3 January 2010
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 38 Print
Author Topic: Ar tonelico 3 coming to the PS3 January 2010  (Read 87985 times)
Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: November 19, 2009, 03:02:08 PM »

Wow.

Just...

Wow.
WildArms
With my dying will...!

Come on, become a legend

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: November 19, 2009, 03:13:31 PM »

Wow.

Just...

Wow.

Anyway... im waiting my response :D i also said something to you.. (in a less offending way),... trying to discuss more like it have to be

I will beat you with my evil strategy of my evil 1.8 million IQ

add me to psn! the more the merrier!
magusgs
Resident Otaku

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: November 19, 2009, 03:50:28 PM »

Um....

Gen, whatever justification you have, you're abrasive (welcome to the club).  Your habit of entering game threads, where fanboys (like me) congregate, to dismiss their favorite games as crap in one or two sentences is your right, but can rub people the wrong way.  You don't walk into a church and proclaim that belief in God is silly.  Or at least you don't do that then get indignant when people get upset.

And aquagon...you need to chill.  Seriously.  People will walk all over you if you show them how easy it is to push your buttons.  However outrageous his opinions, he's entitled to them.

And my contribution to the argument: Judging games by developer isn't a bad way to go, but it's good to keep an open mind.  If you spurn all future games from a company, just because you hated previous games...well, you might end up missing out on something you'd really like.  If other indicators (reviews, description, etc.) suggest you might like a game, then further investigation might be warranted.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2009, 05:39:14 PM by magusgs » Logged

The content of this post represents solely the opinion of the user, and is not guaranteed for accuracy, completeness, or usefulness.  Any facts potentially contained therein may have little or no basis in reality.  RPGFan shall not be held liable for fits of aggression or disgust inspired by the contents of this post.  Read at your own risk.
Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: November 19, 2009, 06:48:33 PM »

Simply put, I'm completely sick of you, and of your hatred towards everything Gust-related.

You know, I just noticed this.  I'm pretty sure I already said that I enjoyed Atelier Iris 1, Mana Khemia, and Atelier Annie.  Melodrama much?

But well, this doesnt means you have to call all the company a crap xD (u can call some games crap if that is what u though they were, but if u say the company is, you are involving a lot of stuff), maybe next game (with the jump of generations) will be more enjoyable for your tastes.

Well, it's  a lot easier to say "This company is crappy" then "I actively dislike most games from this company, although if they put forth enough effort I may or may not be willing to investigate further".

I already know idea factory isnt very famous for their games (not many ppl liked them, duh) but it doesnt means that the next game will be crappy too, those kind of comments are the ones, that i was referring to with what i said, i mean... we barely even knew how the game was back then (actually we still barely know lol, yay for aksys), and you were already labeling it as "bad" (i know u didnt said bad literally, but it was what it looked like to me) because of Idea Factory.

Well, again, I have a bad history with IF games.  I've checked out and/or played any number of games from them, and they've all been horrendous.  I really have little to no faith left in them whatsoever.  I have similar issues with anything that NISA translates (Although Annie has given them a little bump back into favor) and most of what Square has churned out in the past few years.

The fact of the matter is, Agarest War so far looks like everything else IF has made in the past few years, in that it looks shiny and has a good concept, but I have yet to see anything that tells me that it's not going to be a godawful mess when I actually play it.  I mean, technically I could still be swayed to buy it at some point, but it's not looking likely right now.
bigdeath

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: November 19, 2009, 07:30:49 PM »

Someone got angry at Gen Eric Gui? But why? Who cares if someone hates Ar tonelico, plenty of people do. Why should a fan care?
Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: November 19, 2009, 07:35:14 PM »

Someone got angry at Gen Eric Gui? But why? Who cares if someone hates Ar tonelico, plenty of people do. Why should a fan care?

Eh, I've seen it happen before.  Some fanchildren get so utterly attached to some game that they liked that they begin rabidly defending it like it was their mother's honor.  It tends to stem from a fundamental misunderstanding of what an opinion is and the fact that people can have different opinions from you and it won't cause the end of the universe.
WildArms
With my dying will...!

Come on, become a legend

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: November 19, 2009, 07:49:08 PM »

Someone got angry at what he said, and he wasnt talking bad about ar tonelico, just about a company in general

bigdeath

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: November 19, 2009, 07:50:32 PM »

Someone got angry at what he said, and he wasnt talking bad about ar tonelico, just about a company in general

Yeah, I know. I just forgot the company's name so I wrote the games name. ;)
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: November 19, 2009, 09:59:29 PM »

Wow, this thread got ridiculous...

Let my state my opinion:  I happen to like Gust games.

Gen Eric Gui seems to not like most Gust games.

Gen Eric Gui is welcome to his opinion.

Moving on...

ULTROS!
People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: November 19, 2009, 11:43:37 PM »

Just think about it. At least Gust games are better than most Idea Factory games.

"I feel ugly, I need a hard drink" - Maribel of Dragon Quest VII

bigdeath

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: November 20, 2009, 12:38:32 AM »

Just think about it. At least Gust games are better than most Idea Factory games.

Is that saying much? :P
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: November 20, 2009, 12:47:11 AM »

And now it has come full circle.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: November 20, 2009, 01:11:13 AM »

And now it has come full circle.

No, but saying Baroque sucks will get it there. <.<

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
magusgs
Resident Otaku

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: November 20, 2009, 07:15:43 AM »

Gust: Played 3 games from them (Ar Tonelico 1, AT2, Mana Khemia), and I've enjoyed them all.
NIS: Played Disgaea, lost interest about 10hrs in.  Didn't really like the mechanics, and the story was a bit too light/farcical to hold my interests.
Idea Factory: Never played a game from them.  Record of Agarest War will be my first, and it's supposedly pretty good.  Haven't heard good things about their other games, so there was never any reason to consider them.

The content of this post represents solely the opinion of the user, and is not guaranteed for accuracy, completeness, or usefulness.  Any facts potentially contained therein may have little or no basis in reality.  RPGFan shall not be held liable for fits of aggression or disgust inspired by the contents of this post.  Read at your own risk.
WildArms
With my dying will...!

Come on, become a legend

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: November 20, 2009, 12:12:43 PM »

In this world there is no good nor bad

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 38 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: