Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2014, 09:46:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334630 Posts in 13705 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Ar tonelico 3 coming to the PS3 January 2010
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 38 Print
Author Topic: Ar tonelico 3 coming to the PS3 January 2010  (Read 87793 times)
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: January 20, 2010, 03:57:11 PM »

Oh, yeah, 'cuz I got a PS3 that's gonna play import JPN PS3 games, much less am I going to spend the $$$ to import it...

(T_T);

Get my hopes up, and dash them all, why don't you...?

Oh well, at least that's $50~60 I won't have to worry about spending for a while.

At any rate, THIS IS PERTINENT INFORMATION.

Any PS3 will play import games.  There is no need to mod them.

Anyway, I think most of us just assumed you were asking about the Japanese release date, since the game hasn't even been announced anywhere else and your original post wasn't very specific.

Bernhardt

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: January 20, 2010, 04:01:10 PM »

Oh, yeah, 'cuz I got a PS3 that's gonna play import JPN PS3 games, much less am I going to spend the $$$ to import it...

(T_T);

Get my hopes up, and dash them all, why don't you...?

Oh well, at least that's $50~60 I won't have to worry about spending for a while.

At any rate, THIS IS PERTINENT INFORMATION.

Any PS3 will play import games.  There is no need to mod them.

Anyway, I think most of us just assumed you were asking about the Japanese release date, since the game hasn't even been announced anywhere else and your original post wasn't very specific.
No need to worry; I guess I just really haven't been paying attention to the release schedule...
Silverwolf X

私にする? 私にする? それとも、 わ.た.し?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: January 22, 2010, 07:15:06 AM »

LOL... the VA for Pikachu voices Mute... -.-;;
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: January 22, 2010, 02:41:11 PM »

There are (somewhat) more flattering examples if that makes you feel better, like Data in Mega Man Legends or the Japanese dub for WALL-E (WTF?).
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 02:46:58 PM by Eusis » Logged
ULTROS!
People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: January 22, 2010, 02:56:53 PM »

There are (somewhat) more flattering examples if that makes you feel better, like Data in Mega Man Legends or the Japanese dub for WALL-E (WTF?).

Or Sarah and Lymle of Star Ocean 4.

"I feel ugly, I need a hard drink" - Maribel of Dragon Quest VII

Silverwolf X

私にする? 私にする? それとも、 わ.た.し?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: January 23, 2010, 01:08:49 AM »

Anyway in case you all have been wondering what Tilia looks like under her armor, it was revealed long ago, but most wouldn't notice since oit was all but 1 second...

Her hair is short, she has short braids at the side much like Shurelia, her eyes are somewhat like Mule's and she's DFC. Flat as a washboard. Hair and eyes are purple.

http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/5567/tilliadfc01.jpg
http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/6012/tilliadfc02.jpg
http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/9794/tilliadfc03.jpg

Oh and her name has significant meaning as well, of course lost in NISA's translation:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tilia
« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 01:25:27 AM by Silverwolf X » Logged
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: February 06, 2010, 08:04:50 AM »

I was in Akihabara yesterday and picked this game up (as well as a whole lot of other things...boy did I spend more money than I was planning to...).  I'll post some impressions when I get back to the states (where my PS3 is...) and actually play it if folks are interested.  That will be in a bit over a week.

WildArms
With my dying will...!

Come on, become a legend

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: February 06, 2010, 08:43:53 AM »

I was in Akihabara yesterday and picked this game up (as well as a whole lot of other things...boy did I spend more money than I was planning to...).  I'll post some impressions when I get back to the states (where my PS3 is...) and actually play it if folks are interested.  That will be in a bit over a week.

Send us some ar tonelico 3 games! argg now we gotta wait till like december or maybe ocotber if we are lucky to get it in english

I will beat you with my evil strategy of my evil 1.8 million IQ

add me to psn! the more the merrier!
Silverwolf X

私にする? 私にする? それとも、 わ.た.し?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: February 06, 2010, 09:39:50 AM »

3 endings left. I'm still hating Gust for putting a trophy for bad end. That was just... torture.

Playing this game has made it impossible for me to ever touch last rebellion (so i sold off to some unfortunate sap at half price.) or EoE. Granted EoE has better graphics and a better battle system, but AT3 wins in the music, characters and story.

Think i better sell of my Japanese EoE as well, doubt I'll be touching it anymore either. AT3 is taking way too much of my time.
WildArms
With my dying will...!

Come on, become a legend

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: February 06, 2010, 11:05:00 AM »

3 endings left. I'm still hating Gust for putting a trophy for bad end. That was just... torture.

Playing this game has made it impossible for me to ever touch last rebellion (so i sold off to some unfortunate sap at half price.) or EoE. Granted EoE has better graphics and a better battle system, but AT3 wins in the music, characters and story.

Think i better sell of my Japanese EoE as well, doubt I'll be touching it anymore either. AT3 is taking way too much of my time.
Remember you are playing for most of us as well... go on, reach all the endings and trophies, we are counting on you... btw just out of the curiosity, does AT3 still makes some references to AT 2 or 1, like AT2 did with 1,  for example, cocona talking about croix or something, though croix's personality was kinda broken lol.

Silverwolf X

私にする? 私にする? それとも、 わ.た.し?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: February 07, 2010, 01:52:05 AM »

Yeah there is quite a few references.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: February 16, 2010, 04:22:45 AM »

Finally started playing this game.  I'm still pretty early into it but here are some thoughts:

• The combat is very Tales-esque.  You control one character at a time (though you can change which) while the others are AI-controlled on a realtime battlefield and mostly mash the attack button.  Love it or hate it, but it does work nicely for the whole defend-the-revytail aspect of the game.  Your revytail will have a zone around her in which she will start taking damage if an enemy even enters it.  Your allies will also be healed in that zone (but very slowly).  There is a special attack button that will send enemies flying out of the zone, but only if they are already in it so you can't try to reposition enemies arbitrarily.  Most of the time against regular enemies it really just makes the most sense to have your forwards rush in and kill things as quickly as possible but in boss fights it might be worth it to hang back in the zone while you charge up a big song magic attack.
  • Parties are back to the 3 forwards + 1 revytail formation of the first game.  No more combo song magic, I guess.  Well, I'm perfectly OK with that.
  • There is some gimmicky use of the PS3's sixaxis controls.  I thought developers were past that?  Well, it's not a big deal since it's just a shake-the-controller-to-activate-an-ability kind of thing so there isn't any real precision required but in the same sense it could easily have been done with a button...
  • The music is typical Ar Tonelico (if there is such a thing) but nothing really surprising yet.  Well, I like it but not as much as I liked the first two game's soundtracks.
  • Not enough voicework!  OK, so there is a lot of dialogue in this game, just like there was in I and II so this isn't really anything new.  But part of me was really hoping that will all the extra space on a blu-ray disc they would actually try to voice at least all the plot scenes.  I don't care too much if a random townsperson doesn't have a voice but when there is voice in one cutscene, no voice in the next, and then voice in the one after that, etc. it gets a little annoying.  And, well, given my limited kanji-reading abilities I have a much easier time understanding things when the lines are voiced
  • The graphics are...good.  Not really great, or anything.  It's a decent enough 3D engine with a scripted camera.  It certainly isn't going to win any awards for graphical prowess, however compared to the pseudo-3D garbage of Ar Tonelico II's dungeons (honestly I would have preferred the simple 2D engine of the first game over that) this is a giant leap forward.  If you like cell-shaded anime-style artwork, anyway.  There is some animation wonkiness, however, so things are still far from perfect.
  • I am still very early on in the game so I can't say much about the story but so far it is uber-cliche guy-decides-to-save-random-girl-he-just-met kind of stuff.  I have little doubt that things will get more complex as it goes on, though
  • Overall I definitely like it.  I also find myself wishing I studed kanji harder back when I was learning Japanese...oh well.  If nothing else I will certainly improve my skills at looking up kanji...

WildArms
With my dying will...!

Come on, become a legend

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: February 16, 2010, 09:09:55 AM »

That's nice, they have been trying to do a good fighting system since their problems with AT1 that you only needed the revytail to charge to like 30000% and you done, or in AT 2 the battles were also too easy, its good they made a more entretaining battle system, and i personally love the real action time battle system :D

Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: May 12, 2010, 03:04:58 PM »

NIS America really hoping they can localize Ar Tonelico III

Yeah, I'm hoping too...not terribly encouraging that they're just now looking at screenshots, though.  I do hope that they're aware that the game has been out in Japan since January ;)

WildArms
With my dying will...!

Come on, become a legend

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: May 12, 2010, 04:07:18 PM »

They are :D, and they said that AT3 will have to wait a little cuz they still have some projects first (aterier rorona, and trinity universe)

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 38 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: