Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 26, 2014, 10:24:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338429 Posts in 13854 Topics by 2215 Members
Latest Member: RPGtourguide
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Ar tonelico 3 coming to the PS3 January 2010
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 38 Print
Author Topic: Ar tonelico 3 coming to the PS3 January 2010  (Read 89145 times)
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: May 12, 2010, 06:34:31 PM »

Watching videos for the game - I think the Gust 3D is actually quite impressive (again, emphasis on it being Gust's 3D).  It kind of has that Super Mario Galaxy light on characters (very reminiscent of Nagi's art for the game).

The spell anime sequences are gorgeous - but immediately put out by the lame spell effects (usually its just objects being hurled at the enemy).

I don't know.  Even with a PS3 I'd probably pass on this game.  I can't stand the visual-novel genre and ar tonelico barely feels any diffferent.  The first two games were sluggish despite the fairly decent battle system.

The Hymnnos albums were good; but the remaining OST is nothing very special.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
macirex

mac_luzer@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: May 12, 2010, 10:16:58 PM »

I kinda like this game. Does Nisa plan to bring this over? IŽd rather pay for this than any squaresoft game made lately...

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it."
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: May 13, 2010, 02:59:16 AM »

Watching videos for the game - I think the Gust 3D is actually quite impressive (again, emphasis on it being Gust's 3D).  It kind of has that Super Mario Galaxy light on characters (very reminiscent of Nagi's art for the game).

The spell anime sequences are gorgeous - but immediately put out by the lame spell effects (usually its just objects being hurled at the enemy).

I don't know.  Even with a PS3 I'd probably pass on this game.  I can't stand the visual-novel genre and ar tonelico barely feels any diffferent.  The first two games were sluggish despite the fairly decent battle system.

The Hymnnos albums were good; but the remaining OST is nothing very special.

What? How can you say that? Does the cast off feature not excite you enough? Did you want the cast off feature to get closer to MAXIMUM CAST OFF? Cast off, cast off, cast off cast off cast off?

Seriously, you're getting WTF JAPAN Cast off. Even Agrast Wars's preorder bonus didn't came close to the level of WTF JAPAN Cast off that AT (Cast off) 3 came off to.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: May 23, 2010, 09:41:04 PM »

Apologies for the bump, but I thought that it was relevant.  NISA is hinting at a title they're going to announce at their conference in July and it is very related to this. . .

http://www.siliconera.com/2010/05/23/what-game-are-nis-america-teasing-for-their-july-event/
Madoka

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: May 24, 2010, 02:15:26 AM »

^ That would totally rock!
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: May 24, 2010, 02:21:07 AM »

Thanks for the link, Cyril.  Not very sublte, are they?  I'd say that pretty much confirms it, unless NISA just enjoys teasing the heck out of their fans.

Dizzy

死ぬがよい

awe.of.she.1@gmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: May 24, 2010, 04:22:38 PM »

Addendum:

I was about to import the game next week too. Good thing I waited. :P

Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: May 24, 2010, 06:36:27 PM »

Looks like we're getting Badman II then.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Uru

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: May 24, 2010, 07:57:13 PM »

I so hope that they run the game through quality control this time. Having to trick the game in Ar tonelico 2 to keep it from crashing and the left over cloche in Japanese were almost unforgivable...
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: May 24, 2010, 09:32:19 PM »

I so hope that they run the game through quality control this time. Having to trick the game in Ar tonelico 2 to keep it from crashing and the left over cloche in Japanese were almost unforgivable...

NISA has been doing a much better job with their QA lately.  They know they made a mistake and have been doing their best to fix it.  Annie, Sakura Wars, Badman, even Cross Edge, were bug-free titles.  People mention AT2 like it's the rule, not the exception, but really, NISA knows they screwed up.

Also, "trick" the game to get past Raki?  What nonsense is this?  You only needed Replekia.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: May 24, 2010, 09:47:36 PM »

To me the Cloche-sama in Japanese characters is far more baffling than the Raki bug...I mean, I can see how the Raki bug could have been missed.  Heck, I missed it myself the first time I fought her...it's really not hard to beat her in time.  But though the effect is much more minor, I just can't see how the Cloche-sama thing could have been missed.  It only comes up every single time you save an I.P.D., and there's what, 100 of them?

But yeah, it seems like NISA has been doing much better lately.  Heck, even Last Rebellion has a pretty good localization from what I've heard, though I do have to question their priorities as to why they would spend the time to make a good localization of what is such a bad game.

Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: May 24, 2010, 10:06:57 PM »

I think they were required by contract with NIS Japan to localize Last Rebellion.
It should be noted, however, that the game was already partially localized when it came out in Japan. It had English-only voice acting over there, too. 
Uru

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: May 25, 2010, 12:06:40 AM »

NISA has been doing a much better job with their QA lately.  They know they made a mistake and have been doing their best to fix it.  Annie, Sakura Wars, Badman, even Cross Edge, were bug-free titles.  People mention AT2 like it's the rule, not the exception, but really, NISA knows they screwed up.

Also, "trick" the game to get past Raki?  What nonsense is this?  You only needed Replekia.

A game crashing bug is still a game crashing bug no matter how you want to spin it. As for the other titles, I would hope they come out bug free since consumers dont want beta code. What do you guys think of the 3D models? 
insertnamehere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: May 25, 2010, 12:54:33 AM »

was this going to get an import review on here?
I've read very little about its reception in japan and even that was just from wikipedia mentioning its sales in its first week

come get high with me
ba dum tissssss
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: May 25, 2010, 03:33:01 AM »

I have the import.  In fact, I posted some impressions earlier in this thread.  Ultimately I didn't put that much time into it, though, largely because of the large amount of unvoiced dialogue in it and my kanji skills aren't up to snuff.  If the frequency of words I need to look up gets too high it just isn't enjoyable anymore.

The game itself is definitely fun, though.  The more action-RPG combat system makes defending your revytail a more integral part of the experience.  I will note that the game was never terribly difficult at least from what I played.  That's a problem I have with the first two games as well, they're just too easy.  But I love the stories and this one shouldn't be any different.

The 3D character models look OK, but nothing remarkable.  The animation when you jump is completely wonky, though...

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 38 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: