Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2014, 05:48:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334648 Posts in 13706 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Xbox 360 Reputation
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Xbox 360 Reputation  (Read 1211 times)
Megalixir
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« on: October 16, 2009, 01:51:20 PM »

Has anyone discovered a fool proof way to not get a reputation dump when playing popular online games like Halo 3 or CoD4? For that matter, is there any way to possibly remove any negative feedback after a period of time with no offenses has elapsed or something? It's starting to get really frustrating when I go online, and get a ton of negative feedback from people simply because I'm tooling them, despite having not said a word during the game, or done anything which could in any way antagonize someone.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2009, 02:12:59 PM »

I don't think there's a way to remove it, but I haven't received much at all. I only ever got it in the World at War beta because several dipshits were prolonging the match rather than ending it since they could capture the last point but didn't, yet WE couldn't successfully get one ourselves, and since I just wanted to stop playing VERY FUCKING BADLY I just quit out and they took a dump on my reputation for it.

Actually, there's your solution, don't play with strangers unless you have a high tolerance for their bullshit.
Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2009, 02:39:17 PM »

It's not like rep matters much. Few people look at it, and it doesn't get you banned or restricted in the end. Only if someone files a major complaint about you does LIVE take any action.
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2009, 06:48:40 PM »

I never quite understood how the reputation system works to begin with.
Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2009, 06:52:29 PM »

I think the reputation system was implemented merely so players could choose to avoid certain disreputable kinds. The problem is that peer review in a non-expert field with no ethical standards is pointless. It always has been. It's the equivalent of asking someone on a playground how much they like you. The answer doesn't actually mean much beyond the relationship between those two people, and it probably doesn't incorporate much data to reach its conclusions.

ie: Reputation is a pointless frill. The makers thought it would have a purpose (believing in the best of their audience), but the anonymity and stupidity that it breeds in online interaction makes the system futile.
Masamune

XzMaSaMuNezX
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2009, 10:15:03 PM »

Yeah, the only thing reputation does as far as I know is lower the odds that you play with people you rate negatively and increase the odds that you play with people you rate positively.  I've played Halo since it came out, mostly without a mic and I have about 80% negative reviews.  Basically people wishing to avoid me, probably because I killed them too much.  It's kind of funny to have 18% of those negative reviews be trash talking when I don't even use my mic.  I guess it was inferred trash talking.  I have another 50% or something for "Unsporting Conduct".  Whatever the fuck that means, it's a fucking FPS game.

Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2009, 12:12:03 AM »

Yeah, the only thing reputation does as far as I know is lower the odds that you play with people you rate negatively and increase the odds that you play with people you rate positively.  I've played Halo since it came out, mostly without a mic and I have about 80% negative reviews.  Basically people wishing to avoid me, probably because I killed them too much.  It's kind of funny to have 18% of those negative reviews be trash talking when I don't even use my mic.  I guess it was inferred trash talking.  I have another 50% or something for "Unsporting Conduct".  Whatever the fuck that means, it's a fucking FPS game.

Sigh.

Seriously?

This is why I avoid online gaming entirely.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2009, 06:19:19 PM »

I look it as a badge of honor.  I destroyed someone so badly that they don't want to play with me again?  Awesome.

I don't cheese or talk trash - there's no other reason =P

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Dios GX
Banninated

dios@hidoshi.com GSaviourPrime
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2009, 07:00:24 PM »

Oh shit the internet people are grading my internets. How does I cheat this to look cool to internet peoples.
WildArms
With my dying will...!

Come on, become a legend

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2009, 08:20:55 PM »

Thy Xbox 2pi doesnt have any reputation left in my gaming world, 'tis is like the vista of my computer.

I will beat you with my evil strategy of my evil 1.8 million IQ

add me to psn! the more the merrier!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: