Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 21, 2014, 06:29:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341139 Posts in 13942 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Best Buy wants to sell you PS3 Final Fantasy 7
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Best Buy wants to sell you PS3 Final Fantasy 7  (Read 2183 times)
Takabo

View Profile

Ignore
« on: June 15, 2006, 03:50:27 AM »

Oddities abound at bestbuy.com, so says 1up.  It is really interesting, though.  The date is obviously unreasonable, but other than Gamestop listing an XBox version of Suikoden 3 I can't think of any retailer listing a product that doesn't exist.  I've said since the video hit I'd be surprised (and disappointed) if they didn't go through with the FF7 remake, and I think this lends some weight to the arguement.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2006, 03:52:49 AM »

I recall ads for a mail in store in EGM that promised several N64 games that either never came out or came out on other systems, ala FFVII. But then you have to worry about getting as good of a list out in time for a magazine to be published, /without/ the internet.

There was also FEoE for the PS2, but it honestly wouldn't surprise me if Konami was considering at some point to bring out FEoE3 out in the US, but scrapped it in the end.
Losfer
The Pope

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2006, 02:43:10 PM »

I think the simple matter of the fact is that Best Buy suck.

demifiend

eqrunnerguy
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2006, 11:26:35 PM »

In 2004, Gamestop tried to get me to pre-order Baldur's Gate III. I've hated them ever since. What moon logic Best Buy is using is well beyond me.

... You have created a demon of your heart's designs, fallen angel? Then doom shall set us apart... now and forevermore... -YHWH (?), Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne

CURRENTLY PLAYING: Mass Effect (again!), Persona 3, Lost Odyssey
RECENTLY COMPLETED: Mass Effect, The World Ends With You
ANTICIPATING: Dragon Age, White Knight Chronicles, Wrath of the Lich King, Fallout 3
QUEUED: Lost track!
MonCapitan2002

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2006, 10:56:22 PM »

Quote from: "Eusis"
I recall ads for a mail in store in EGM that promised several N64 games that either never came out or came out on other systems, ala FFVII. But then you have to worry about getting as good of a list out in time for a magazine to be published, /without/ the internet.

There was also FEoE for the PS2, but it honestly wouldn't surprise me if Konami was considering at some point to bring out FEoE3 out in the US, but scrapped it in the end.

What game is FEoE?

John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2006, 11:05:20 PM »

Far East of Eden (Tengai Makyou).

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Seiken_Densetsu
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2006, 06:31:37 PM »

I remember Gamestop putting up a GBA Radiata Stories, becayse Gamespot accidentally put that on their site, so Gamestop believe it I guess. XD
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: