Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 25, 2014, 11:30:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334848 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Swoopo?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Swoopo?  (Read 654 times)
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« on: November 08, 2009, 06:58:32 PM »

So I have seen the ads for Swoopo.com and finally went to look at the site. It seems like an interesting concept. So for those that don't know, you pay .60 to place a bid. I saw a PS3 slim sell for $43 plus however much the person paid in bids. Often the bid goes up by.02 or .06 each time. It seems interesting. Anyone ever done it?

EDIT: So I decided to give it a shot. I won a 46 inch TV for a LOT less than what it costs in stores. 91% less
« Last Edit: November 08, 2009, 09:09:06 PM by Daggerstrike » Logged

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2009, 09:08:52 PM »

The whole converting currency to use their credit system seems a bit too eerily similar to gambling for my tastes.  Not really sure how this site would be any better of an option than eBay, Amazon, etc.

It's never too late to start learning; it's always too early to stop learning.
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2009, 09:10:23 PM »

The whole converting currency to use their credit system seems a bit too eerily similar to gambling for my tastes.  Not really sure how this site would be any better of an option than eBay, Amazon, etc.

It isn't a "better" option. It's a different option. It is a lot like gambling. You can get a lot for cheap or you can lose it all. I edited my post cause I gave it a shot...and spent 91% less on a TV than if I had purchased it in a store.

Edit: I also spent a bit of money to try to win a camera and didn't. Nothing ridiculous, but enough where I decided to stop.

Edit 2:http://www.swoopo.com/auction/toshiba-qosmio-x505-q830-gaming-laptop/242340.html fucking awesome
« Last Edit: November 08, 2009, 10:27:21 PM by Daggerstrike » Logged

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: