Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2014, 03:52:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319655 Posts in 13044 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Half finished games
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print
Author Topic: Half finished games  (Read 11394 times)
Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: November 30, 2009, 01:13:35 PM »

FFX

some of the bosses were so tough

...whut.
erwos

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: December 01, 2009, 07:30:34 AM »

Only GEG could tell the world that Seymour Flux and Yunalesca weren't difficult battles. They were damned hard, especially without just the right equipment in the case of Yunalesca. And don't give me crap about sucking or something, I do perfectly fine with most of the so-called "super-hard" JRPGs and SRPGs.

And, with that, I make use of the ignore button. Thanks, mods!
Respwner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: December 01, 2009, 02:53:01 PM »

Oh the list is too long, have played so many games for like 5-15 hours then just never really wanting to play them again.
Although i've recently gone on a little "raid" to finish the games i played the shit out of (100h+) and had gathered everything possible and so on, but was just not motivated at the time to go sneeze at the last boss so he'd die of a heart attack.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 01, 2009, 03:10:40 PM »

Only GEG could tell the world that Seymour Flux and Yunalesca weren't difficult battles. They were damned hard, especially without just the right equipment in the case of Yunalesca. And don't give me crap about sucking or something, I do perfectly fine with most of the so-called "super-hard" JRPGs and SRPGs.

And, with that, I make use of the ignore button. Thanks, mods!

Geez, some people are overly sensitive.

Anyways! Yeah, I definitely had trouble with some of the bosses. Maybe I'd do better this time around, and there are some specific strategies to get past some (leaving yourself zombified against Yunalesca I believe, or at least for part of the battle), but it was definitely tougher for me than FFVII and VIII were.
Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: December 01, 2009, 03:45:32 PM »

Yeah, seriously.  He permanently ignored me because I thought FFX wasn't very difficult?  Geeze.

And IMO, those two bosses were kinda tough for FFX standards, but FFX was a breeze for the most part.  Seymour Flux was a fairly difficult fight, but he's nothing a little grindan or planning won't fix.  And I personally don't recall ever having much problem with the Yunalesca fight, I saw that she killed you with that uber death spell if you weren't zombified, so I just stayed zombified and went on cruise control.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 01, 2009, 03:51:44 PM »

Seymour Flux was definitely the one that stuck out to me. Yunalesca I seem to recall trying a few times but didn't stick to my mind as much for being hard.
Crossblades

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: December 04, 2009, 10:35:40 AM »

These are the RPGs I still need to finish

Dragon Quest Swords
Tales of Destiny II(a.k.a Eternia)
Paper Mario(Downloaded from Wii Virtual Console)
Phantasy Star II(also downloaded from Wii Virtual Console)
ULTROS!
People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: December 04, 2009, 10:58:03 AM »

I have to admit, I died more than 10 times when I fought Seymour Flux (Lance of Atrophy + Curaga) and Yunalesca (Mega Death, unless zombied).

"I feel ugly, I need a hard drink" - Maribel of Dragon Quest VII

ShadowLaguna

Rattle your goddamn head!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: December 05, 2009, 10:38:51 AM »

Seymour Flux was unforgivable. I remember feeling so relieved to finally beat him, first time playing through. And to be honest, that boss fight is one of the main reasons why I dislike Seymour as a character. Yunalesca was difficult, but she wasn't hard enough to make me hate her. I also found

Code:
Braska's final aeon

to be quite the difficult boss as well.

Wii Number - 1981 9892 1002 5530
Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: December 05, 2009, 12:42:25 PM »

I will admit that FFX has a very manly and powerful last boss, even though most gamers will likely never lose to him.  He makes every final boss since Zeromus look like a pissant.
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: December 05, 2009, 12:59:20 PM »

I beat Yunalesca my first try, but it took everything I had to do so.

As for half-finished games, almost every game I have that I haven't beaten.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: