Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 25, 2014, 09:56:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334848 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  The Soundroom
| | |-+  Music written by me (Patrick "Ramza" Gann)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Music written by me (Patrick "Ramza" Gann)  (Read 5009 times)
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« on: October 31, 2009, 12:40:46 PM »

When I was a wee lad, I went to college for classical music composition. Belmont University, Nashville TN.

Well, I did that for a year anyway. And I found that ALL of my peers in that major were more talented/motivated than I was. So I transferred and got a degree in anthropology at a private Christian liberal arts school (Eastern University).

But the thing that got me started writing music was this project I did after a summer of working at a summer camp, which was certainly a life-changing experience for me. I met my wife there, after all. Well anyway, the winter after that summer, I wrote piano-solo instrumental pieces for all 36 staff that worked there that summer.

I did the same thing the next summer.

And the next summer.

The fourth and final summer I worked there (2004), I didn't write any music. I just got too busy, finishing college and preparing for real-world, marriage, etc.

But I finally found time for it, and I wrote the "summer 2004" CD and recorded it in the last month or two.

All the songs from those four CDs are freely available to stream and download *here*

http://www.thesixtyone.com/patgannbrr/

2001-2003 were recorded on a baby grand ... the recording quality isn't too hot, but it sounds like a real baby grand, which is good.

2004 was recorded with a direct-in line from a pretty beastly keyboard. It's not a real piano (though it often sounds like it is), AND it's got some sweet clarity. No air/noise.

There are also some bonus tracks scattered in there where I sing and play on guitar... silly shit, I suppose.

I just thought I'd throw it out here on this board too, since I'm finally "done" with the project. It's about 90 songs in total. Let me know what you think if you're bored.

Ramza

Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2009, 09:46:12 AM »

Hey, Pat, I went out there to download it, but I wondered - is there some kind of "download album" or "download all" link?  All I could find were ways to download song by song, and I'm way too lazy for that. :D

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2009, 07:52:43 PM »

so yeah, the really cool thing there is that I *can't* do that. If I set a $5 or $10 price on the album, you could download a full album. But they won't let me offer "albums" for free, only individual songs. Which is all kinds of stupid.

If you'd like I could zip up all four albums and put 'em on Megaupload or some such thing.

Tooker
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2009, 11:14:34 PM »

I'd totally download them if you did. :)

—Kurt Vonnegut
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2009, 09:14:12 PM »

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8CZIJ4KO

Thanks Dennis for help uploading. :)

This is for Tooks and everyone else. It has all my pieces (minus the dumb bonus tracks)

Tooker
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2009, 11:53:46 AM »

Downloading right now.  With any luck, this will be listening material for my flight later today. :)

—Kurt Vonnegut
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2009, 06:30:42 PM »

My favorite Pat Gann song is still when you sang Arch Angel's theme song back in the early days of RPGFan.  Yes, I'm old enough to remember that, and you probably wish I didn't.

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2009, 10:29:06 PM »

My favorite Pat Gann song is still when you sang Arch Angel's theme song back in the early days of RPGFan.  Yes, I'm old enough to remember that, and you probably wish I didn't.

oh. my. gosh. DOES ANYONE STILL HAVE A RECORDING OF THAT?!

WildArms
With my dying will...!

Come on, become a legend

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2009, 09:55:48 PM »

I might listen to them :P, i might not look like it, but im a huge fan of music, specially classical, though, songs with violing just make me have an orgasm in my ears, everything GOES WELL WITH VIOLIN, i must learn to play that instrument before i die, or i will not rest in peace... i already know some of piano and lots of guitars, but violin is just magical

I will beat you with my evil strategy of my evil 1.8 million IQ

add me to psn! the more the merrier!
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2010, 07:06:43 PM »

Rise from your grave!

Had to come back and say that some of your songs have come up in my random playlist, Pat, and you did a nice job on them!  I'm not really into piano music, so I can't think of one where I said "ooh, that one's amazing," but there also hasn't been one yet where I thought "ooh, that's not very good.  I'm skipping this one," and that's saying something. :D

—Kurt Vonnegut
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2011, 12:02:53 AM »

DOUBLE RESURRECTION!

Okay, so I wanted to make this a lot easier. So I made my own bandcamp page. Yes, I am that vain.

http://patgannbrr.bandcamp.com/

All five albums, nicely sorted for your convenience. You can download individual tracks for free, or you can download whole albums for free! (It's set to "name your price," but $0 is a legit option so... yeah. I'll take tips, but I'd rather just have the music available).

Hope y'all find something you like. And if anyone's screwing around with an indie RPG and wants to attempt cleaned-up looped versions of these songs, be my guest!

darcthelad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2011, 09:19:42 AM »

They're all wonderful, especially the 2003 album! :)

I can definitely see these being used in RPGs.
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2011, 05:23:31 PM »

bump -- I've been toying with the idea of writing a sushi album.

My last 5 albums are all songs written for people. I'm thinking of writing an album of piano solo pieces named after fish popularly used in sushi. My tribute to them for letting me eat them.

Yea? Nay? Would love feedback from people I (sorta) trust. :)

Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2011, 08:52:55 PM »

If I buy it, will a portion of that money go towards bluefin tuna conservation efforts?  That fish is nearing extinction and no bluefin= no toro sushi.

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Azrael

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2011, 07:28:21 PM »

I say fuck yea. Do it!
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: