Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 01, 2014, 08:06:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327941 Posts in 13428 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Wild Arms Chronology?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Wild Arms Chronology?  (Read 4353 times)
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« on: June 16, 2006, 11:38:56 AM »

does anyone know the wild arms chronology? ive only played WA3 and im currently playing WA4 and so far it appears to take place before WA3 wich makes it that much more awesome. but im curious where WA1 and 2 fit in?

i think Raquel is my new favorite rpg character :o

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Lovely

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2006, 11:53:35 AM »

Each of the games seem to take place in different versions of Filgaia.

(Though I suspected at one point that perhaps 1 and 2 connected.)

There's a reference or two to WA2 in 4, but for the most part, it seems that they just might be little *wink, wink* sort of things.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2006, 08:01:39 PM »

WA2 and 1 *are* related, loosely.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Fate Linegod

yandy_zer0
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2006, 08:54:11 PM »

Each of them have their own Version of Filgaia.

"We're anything but Normal"
^3R^
Banninated

3r.kamikaze@gmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2006, 12:02:25 AM »

Still, WA1 seems to be related to WA3 in many many ways, just like, a thousand-years-ago precuel.

Alisha

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2006, 03:50:27 PM »

Quote from: "Lovely"

There's a reference or two to WA2 in 4, but for the most part, it seems that they just might be little *wink, wink* sort of things.

WA4 also references WA3 because before you get the the sandship you pass through the ruins of baskar.

MonCapitan2002

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2006, 10:25:44 PM »

I think the games are only thematically related.  I have played Wild Arms, Wild Arms 3, and Wild Arms: ACF, none of the games seem to share a continuity (ACF and the original do, due to ACF being a remake of the latter).

Lovely

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2006, 07:29:07 AM »

Quote from: "Alisha"
Quote from: "Lovely"

WA4 also references WA3 because before you get the the sandship you pass through the ruins of baskar.

Actually, there's a Baskar village in every game. Though it was a suprise (to the gamer- and not the game itself) that they were ruins in 4.
Alisha

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2006, 12:48:09 PM »

aww man i saw one of those dragons from WA3(like the one you ride) as a boss in WA4. anyways i beat WA4 last night and that was one of the coolest last boss fights ever. however iw as disapointed that

Code:
raquel marrys arnaud and they have a kid WTF? you'd think if anyone would of done that it would of been jude and yulie

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2006, 02:27:12 PM »

Quote from: "Alisha"
aww man i saw one of those dragons from WA3(like the one you ride) as a boss in WA4. anyways i beat WA4 last night and that was one of the coolest last boss fights ever. however iw as disapointed that

Code:
raquel marrys arnaud and they have a kid WTF? you'd think if anyone would of done that it would of been jude and yulie

Code:
Anyoen else think it was funny when Jude becomes a loner ranger caring for animals in the woods??  Haha...

I thought it was a unique twist that the two supporting get together and then some rather than the main two.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
SabreWulf11887

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2006, 01:50:25 PM »

I saw Raquel and Arnaud happening.
Kano

agate8@hotmail.com Ikage8 dragon_foulu
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2006, 02:17:21 PM »

Yeah, it was predictable that those two would get together in the end.  Overall I thought it was a cool game, I liked the whole exploration aspect as well as the battle system.  Well the only connection I noticed was towards WA1..when you collect the books that explains the original story in a nutshell.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2006, 08:47:22 PM »

It's also possible that each Filgaia takes place in its own reality/dimension, and is SLIGHTLY affected by the other ones but not too heavily. The series sort of supports this quanitc fuckery.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Radien

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2006, 08:36:51 AM »

Hmm. Alternate dimensions do play a continuing theme in the series, but I gotta remind ya that Wild Arms 2 was the only one which specifically implied that their Filgaia was different from Wild Arms 1's.

Wild Arms 3, in my eyes, was a game where the designers realized that players didn't like this "alternate, completely remade Filgaia" idea, and returned to a more direct sequel. Note that most of the elements that returned from WA2 were gameplay elements and stylistic elements, not story elements. There was a wonderful "short story" you could collect in a sidequest that gave a nod to WA2, but it had no relevance to WA3's plot.

WA3 also had an appearance from the metal dragons, but they were worked into the game in such a way that it could still coexist with WA1. Also, the reappearance of one very major character from WA1 lends some very solid glue between the two games, not to mention a helluva lot of exposition regarding the origin of the demons which is totally compatible.

By the way, the inclusion of Baskar is pretty traditional. It is more of a name for a way of life than it is a village, as each Baskar Village is a different village, regardless of which timeline the game adheres to.  The fact that WA3 had a Baskar Village doesn't necessarily connect it directly to WA2, but it just may connect it directly to WA1.

Alter Code F = Wild Arms 1. No connections need be drawn. Except that both games are frickin' awesome, thank you. ^_^

I have not yet played WA4, but I certainly will, once I wade through the list of RPGs I and my sister have acquired/given to eachother/received as gifts/borrowed from friends since last fall...

~Radien of Lunarnet.

No, not LunarNET... Lunarnet, the IRC network. We've been around even longer than LunarNET, we're just smaller.  There's an #RPGFan channel there. Check it out.

Point your IRC program here:

irc.lunarnet.org
port 6667
Spoony Mage
I aim to misbehave.

I also aim to please and shoot to kill.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2006, 11:52:09 PM »

I'm still going for "loosely connected" for the WA series.  Of course, you're going to see references to past games as the series goes on.  Not just Baskars and Guardians, but other little tidbits.

I will agree that WA3 connects things together in a way the other games have not: the aforementioned appearance of a major character from a past game, the fact that one of the main characters shares a surname with a past WA major character, a subquest that involves finding books about another past major character...

Now whether Vth Vanguard will do something like this is something I'd like to know.  It does have five past games to draw upon.

Support Silent Protagonists!
At least SOMEONE knows when to shut up!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: