Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 30, 2014, 06:16:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329967 Posts in 13522 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Tales of surprise-rumour
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print
Author Topic: Tales of surprise-rumour  (Read 10690 times)
Merkava

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2006, 01:35:25 PM »

Now THIS is how you do a remake. Those ToD remake screens are awesome.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2006, 02:22:32 PM »

Holy shit, go Namco, they'll be busy....

http://www.animate.tv/nf/detail.php?id=0000000693
Tales of Symphonia OVA

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2006, 03:07:22 PM »

Dammit, I don't WANT to buy a PSP.  >_<  And, wow, all the games I want to play on it are STILL all remakes.  :P

The remake of ToD looks fucking pretty though.  Like, Valkyrie Profile comparable.

Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2006, 03:11:46 PM »

Quote from: "Losfer"

Dammit, I don't WANT to buy a PSP.

Sure you do.

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2006, 05:49:44 PM »

Quote from: "Dade"
Quote from: "Losfer"

Dammit, I don't WANT to buy a PSP.

Sure you don't.

i know man you can say that shit again

Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2006, 05:56:26 PM »

If it is indeed ToD2 they are remaking (and not ToE), I will buy a psp just for it.  I always wanted to play it as well.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2006, 05:58:38 PM »

Quote from: "Akanbe-"
If it is indeed ToD2 they are remaking (and not ToE), I will buy a psp just for it.  I always wanted to play it as well.

They wouldn't talk about Tales of Eternia as Tales of Destiny II in a japanese magazine, and they already ported it to the PSP - no point in remaking a game that's not even on a new console, unless you want to do a director's cut or something.

Then again, I half expect Namco to try it sometime just to see how far they can go in franchise milking records.

Edit: Though to be honest, such a concept would be interesting to see - a direct comparison for how much more experinced a developer is with a console at the end of it's lifecycle compared to the beginning. Still though, that'd be a waste of resources on all but maybe smaller games, it's shown well enough with sequaels and spiritual successors, and this would be way too early for ToE anyway. :P
MonCapitan2002

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2006, 10:19:18 PM »

Professor Gast, according to the following quoted snippet in the recently posted article, the graphics for Tales of Destiny are 3D.  After looking at the scans it looks like the graphics are very much 2D.  Why the inconsistency?  Are you referring to the battle graphics being 3D?  Even they use 2D sprites.

Tales of Destiny: A PlayStation 2 remake of the PlayStation game whose visuals will be completely remade into 3D. Furthermore, the development team at Tales Studio will be adding new scenarios and characters as well as voice acting. Tales of Destiny for PlayStation 2 is scheduled for a winter release in Japan.

Many of the visuals look 2D to me.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2006, 10:25:33 PM »

I agree, that doesn't look 3D in the least. If it somehow is, then that's one of the most impressive graphical feats I've seen.
MonCapitan2002

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2006, 10:35:52 PM »

I wonder how much NCSX will charge for the game.  If it is at all possible, I will see about pre-ordering the game from them.  It is a shame that the remake has no chance of coming over here.  I do have a question, though.  Is Tales of Phantasia for the PSP a remake of the Playstation remake or a port of the Playstation remake?

Fate Linegod

yandy_zer0
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2006, 12:11:52 AM »

Afaik, Tales of Phantasia is a Port from the Playstation Version. But the Main Story will be fully voiced.

"We're anything but Normal"
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2006, 12:15:08 AM »

Quote from: "Fate Linegod"
Afaik, Tales of Phantasia is a Port from the Playstation Version. But the Main Story will be fully voiced.

So, I have an honest question for you - is there a reason you're putting emphasis on half of the words in your posts?  I don't see a point of using italics to the point where it no longer means anything.

-John

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2006, 12:21:41 AM »

Whoo! What a surprise, they announced more Tales games!

/sarcasm

Aside from the ToD remake I'm not interested.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2006, 12:34:33 AM »

Quote from: "Fate Linegod"

The sprites in battle look larger. I think there's more to the remake than just voice acting.
Professor Gast

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2006, 04:18:16 AM »

Quote from: "MonCapitan2002"
Professor Gast, according to the following quoted snippet in the recently posted article, the graphics for Tales of Destiny are 3D.  After looking at the scans it looks like the graphics are very much 2D.  Why the inconsistency?  Are you referring to the battle graphics being 3D?  Even they use 2D sprites.

Nope, since I wrote up that story in a short period of time, so it could go up as soon as possible yesterday morning, I just translated what was stated in the article. And the article only spoke of the game's world being remade in 3D. And that's what I wrote in the story.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: