Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 26, 2014, 12:48:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334849 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Tales of surprise-rumour
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print
Author Topic: Tales of surprise-rumour  (Read 11078 times)
MonCapitan2002

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2006, 04:21:04 AM »

Ahh.  I see.  So at the time the original article you worked from was posted, it was not known that the game would employ 2D graphics.

Professor Gast

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2006, 04:25:16 AM »

Nope, I just translated the article whose scan was posted by somebody in this forum yesterday. But I did not have the time to look at the screenshots, so I just translated what the Japanese editor had written in his article. That's all. So either V-JUMP made a mistake or the scans posted in the magazine are deceptive.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2006, 04:34:26 AM »

Amusingly, I suspect what MonCaptain said could apply to the people who originally wrote this instead, perhaps writing a preview before getting all the information, then not editting it to fix the fact. Of course, typoing 2D as 3D isn't a large stretch either. :P
Professor Gast

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2006, 05:12:36 AM »

Eusis: I just checked the official website. It reads "Dungeon and town maps will be created in full 3D". So apparently V-JUMP was correct.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2006, 05:37:41 AM »

After what you said Gast, I took a look at the Tales page to see if they have screenshots, since those would beat looking at magazine scans. After looking at those screens... Looks like 2D sprites on 3D fields. Some look damn close to being 2D, but for the most part the 3D doesn't look amazingly impressive, but very solid at any rate.
Fate Linegod

yandy_zer0
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: June 21, 2006, 08:53:32 AM »

Quote from: "KeeperX"
So, I have an honest question for you - is there a reason you're putting emphasis on half of the words in your posts?  I don't see a point of using italics to the point where it no longer means anything.

No particular reason. Just want to Italic them for fun. Is it wrong...? -_-!

"We're anything but Normal"
MonCapitan2002

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: June 21, 2006, 11:24:41 AM »

Quote from: "Eusis"
After what you said Gast, I took a look at the Tales page to see if they have screenshots, since those would beat looking at magazine scans. After looking at those screens... Looks like 2D sprites on 3D fields. Some look damn close to being 2D, but for the most part the 3D doesn't look amazingly impressive, but very solid at any rate.

At least is in 3D.  That gives the game at least a remote chance of coming over.  Unfortunately, the 2D sprites hurt the game.

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: June 21, 2006, 11:49:02 AM »

Personally, I would have loved to see the chara's in 3-D (I always liked seeing chara's go from 2-d to 3-d or vice versa).
But it'll take a lot to see that game come over...we'll see how Abyss does though (seeing as how twenty other anticipated games come out around then).

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2006, 11:49:13 AM »

I seriously doubt the TOD remake is coming here.  It looks similar to Tales of Rebirth but Namco decided not to localize it.  Actually I think I'd be miffed if they did localize a remake of a game that was already localized here but passed on an original game that many importers seemed to like.

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
Krelian

pmtome@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: June 21, 2006, 04:50:30 PM »

i think bandai-namco / tales studio , really need stop to make / remake tales titles

Sona mi areru ec sancitu
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: June 21, 2006, 05:00:15 PM »

It probably won't come here...... Hmm.. s'pose Agetec will pick it up?? =P

Raze

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: June 21, 2006, 05:11:28 PM »

I thnk they should do one at a time at least :P

Legendia was pretty hideous. Gameplay was bad(Especially later, enemies had way to many hp and took too long to kill, that just doesn't work for a fast paced battle system) as was the character presentation. The characters bickering was cute at first. But when you're at the end of the game and the characters are bickering about THE SAME THING they were at the start it's old. Real old.

Working on four games at once does not make me think they're putting effort into them to make a better game than legendia. It tells me that it's the next maga man. Leech the series until it's dead.

Hopefully they can put out a GOOD new tales game. But I'm not getting my hopes up for it.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 21, 2006, 05:18:49 PM »

Quote from: "Dice"

Namco keeps a tight grip on their properties - that, combined with their poor/unreliable track record for bringing titles over makes them my least liked company as far as localization goes. One or the other's easier to deal with - most Japanese companies, or at least companies with a japanese branch, are guilty of one or the other, but Namco's got /both/ covered. Admittedly, it's hard to think of none-RPG instances where this comes into play, though they /did/ severely fuck up AC3.
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: June 21, 2006, 05:38:27 PM »

Quote from: "Eusis"
Quote from: "Dice"

Namco keeps a tight grip on their properties - that, combined with their poor/unreliable track record for bringing titles over makes them my least liked company as far as localization goes. One or the other's easier to deal with - most Japanese companies, or at least companies with a japanese branch, are guilty of one or the other, but Namco's got /both/ covered. Admittedly, it's hard to think of none-RPG instances where this comes into play, though they /did/ severely fuck up AC3.

I meant that as more of a joke, but your right anyways.... A shame, I really wanted to see Venus & Braves over here as well.

I like Raze's comment about quality.  Reminds me of another story...How long did Phantom/Makai Kingdom take to make?

Mana Knight

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: June 21, 2006, 05:56:10 PM »

Quote from: "Raze"
I thnk they should do one at a time at least :P

Legendia was pretty hideous. Gameplay was bad(Especially later, enemies had way to many hp and took too long to kill, that just doesn't work for a fast paced battle system) as was the character presentation. The characters bickering was cute at first. But when you're at the end of the game and the characters are bickering about THE SAME THING they were at the start it's old. Real old.

Working on four games at once does not make me think they're putting effort into them to make a better game than legendia. It tells me that it's the next maga man. Leech the series until it's dead.

Hopefully they can put out a GOOD new tales game. But I'm not getting my hopes up for it.
Legendia was made by the Soul Calibur team, not Tales Studio, from what I hear (Tales Studio's name was no where to be found, on ToL).
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: