Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 28, 2014, 04:43:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327564 Posts in 13411 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Tales of surprise-rumour
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print
Author Topic: Tales of surprise-rumour  (Read 10503 times)
Fate Linegod

yandy_zer0
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: June 21, 2006, 09:34:00 PM »

The Aerial Combos & the fast paced of the Battle in Tales of Destiny Remake are awesome. Check this out:

Battle Demo
The Presentation

"We're anything but Normal"
Marshmallow

OH NO OH NO OH NO

AuroMarshmallow
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: June 21, 2006, 09:58:01 PM »

I happen to hate Namco, what with their comparatively high track record when it comes to severely disappointing me by making (IMO) stupid moves. I'm really hoping they bring the ToD remake here, at least, because it looks fucking pretty. Maybe if they realized that bringing over games that don't look like complete shit (Legendia was uglier than a dead baby. Seriously.) was a good idea, I'd be happier with them.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 21, 2006, 10:08:42 PM »

Quote from: "Dice"
I meant that as more of a joke, but your right anyways.... A shame, I really wanted to see Venus & Braves over here as well.

I half wondered if that was how you meant it. Obviously, my strong dislike/hate for Namco's american division, or more specifically how they handle their japanese properties overrides that. :P

Fate: It's annoying when you type like that, even if it is harmless. Also, it takes away the impact from when you want to genuinely emphasize something. How would we know you're not just doing that again because you like it, and not to point something out?

Edit: And it makes me think you talk like the G-Man.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: June 21, 2006, 10:52:49 PM »

Quote from: "Marshmallow"
I happen to hate Namco, what with their comparatively high track record when it comes to severely disappointing me by making (IMO) stupid moves. I'm really hoping they bring the ToD remake here, at least, because it looks fucking pretty. Maybe if they realized that bringing over games that don't look like complete shit (Legendia was uglier than a dead baby. Seriously.) was a good idea, I'd be happier with them.

Agreed: namci does some pretty silly things
Disagreed: ToL being complete shit (but then we all have our opinions, and I hate to argue them)

EDIT: I just realised the typo, but I kinda of like that typo, so it stays.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Marshmallow

OH NO OH NO OH NO

AuroMarshmallow
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: June 21, 2006, 11:06:37 PM »

Quote from: "Dice"
Quote from: "Marshmallow"

Agreed: namci does some pretty silly things
Disagreed: ToL being complete shit (but then we all have our opinions, and I hate to argue them)

EDIT: I just realised the typo, but I kinda of like that typo, so it stays.

Well, to each his own, really. Though I can't say anything about the gameplay or story of ToL, having only watched small parts of it. All I can say is that it looks, IMO, very ugly.

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: June 21, 2006, 11:41:53 PM »

I see.  Visually, actually, I thought it was impressive.  As you say, though, to each his own.

...this is going slow.

The games faults are as visible as Suikoden V's, yet the game still manages to impress me. Im one of those people love the shitty-rated games.
Visually though, the game is very bright, and vivid, and colourful, and reddish is some parts.  Its probably the more cartooney-looking Tales of the series.  Otehrwise, you can tell the game was made by a team other than the usual Tales team.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Fate Linegod

yandy_zer0
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: June 22, 2006, 10:32:36 AM »

Quote from: "Eusis"
It's annoying when you type like that, even if it is harmless. Also, it takes away the impact from when you want to genuinely emphasize something. How would we know you're not just doing that again because you like it, and not to point something out?

Edit: And it makes me think you talk like the G-Man.

I just knew by now if it was wrong in this Forum.
But I didn't see any rules for it and you said it also that was harmless but, annoying. Yeah, right...
Because this is the first time from so many Forums I joined someone (2 person) said like that.
Anyway... if you happen to see my Post again, just skip it. My fun writing Style are annoying, right...? -_-!

G-Man...? Is that directed to me...?
Who is it anyway...? Oh... man...  -_-!

Lovely

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: June 22, 2006, 03:49:46 PM »

For the record, I would just like to say that I loved Tales of Legendia myself.
I HATED a lot of the characters in the first few chapters, and only continued playing because of Norma (uh, she amused me.) But as the game went on, I just fell in love with ALL of the main cast. This game had some of the best character development I've ever run into. The last parts of the game often had me in tears!

I also really loved the soundtrack.

Though yeah, the battle system... well...lets just say, Holy Bottles were my best friend *grin*.

Concerning the new Tales news. Well, as the rest of you basically said, it's hard to get excited when Namco is so stingy/weird about bringing the games over here. (And occasionally Sony)
I HOPE BEYOND ALL HOPE that we get the Tales of Destiny remake and the Tales of Destiny 2 port. Because... well...

Code:
LEON!

Yeah, what can I say? I'm a steortypical fangirl :p .

EDIT: Oh yeah, I forgot to mention- I hope, but I don't expect it.
Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: June 22, 2006, 08:13:14 PM »

It's okay, Mister Linegod.  Everyone on this site is always cranky over everything.  :P

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 22, 2006, 08:17:43 PM »

Quote from: "Fate Linegod"
G-Man...? Is that directed to me...?
Who is it anyway...? Oh... man...  -_-!

HL2 intro, has the G-Man talking.
Fate Linegod

yandy_zer0
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: June 22, 2006, 09:01:51 PM »

What the... that person makes you think he looks like me when talking (Italic Posting?)...?
Honestly, did you even know me in person...? Geez...

Quote from: "Losfer"
It's okay, Mister Linegod.  Everyone on this site is always cranky over everything.  :P

Thanks man, I'll keep that in mind.

Marshmallow

OH NO OH NO OH NO

AuroMarshmallow
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: June 22, 2006, 09:54:31 PM »

Quote from: "Fate Linegod"

What the... that person makes you think he looks like me when talking (Italic Posting?)...?
Honestly, did you even know me in person...? Geez...

What he means is that, in his head, while reading your posts, the posts sound the way the G-Man sounds. You're adding unnecessary emphasis to words, it screws up one's reading. My guess is English is most likely not your first language.

Fate Linegod

yandy_zer0
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: June 23, 2006, 09:13:15 AM »

Huh...? That's what I mean in my Post too... -_-!

Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: June 24, 2006, 12:21:25 AM »

no offence but how the hell do you go from ToS to ToL graphically? and on that note TotA looks sexy.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Seiken_Densetsu
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: June 24, 2006, 01:56:26 AM »

Quote from: "Alisha"
no offence but how the hell do you go from ToS to ToL graphically? and on that note TotA looks sexy.

Well, they were developed by two different development teams, so it is completely understandable.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: