Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 19, 2014, 10:02:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
340999 Posts in 13938 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  like... seiken densetsu 3??
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: like... seiken densetsu 3??  (Read 3410 times)
Dios GX
Banninated

dios@hidoshi.com GSaviourPrime
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2009, 11:18:31 AM »

Too bad you don't have a Wii, Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicals: The Crystal Bearers is an Action RPG in the vain of the Seiken Densetsu series (albiet, 3D), coming out the day after Christmas. It's sort of in the style of Skies of Arcadia (Dreamcast / Gamecube), but action-adventure based. Should be good. Maybe consider saving up.

Yo I'm gonna second this guy here. I've always thought the Crystal Chronicle games were sweet as hell, and this new one looks like the series will finally break into what will be considered "Final Fantasy." We've seen the inclusion of Gaia moogles into other FF games, then there's Vana'diel's, and Ivalice's. I'm hoping this new one with an actual story put into it will allow the CC world to be seen for how cool it really is.

Also:

Play Lufia 2.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2009, 12:31:48 PM »

I loved FF:CC's style but found the combat too clunky and repetitive :(

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

magusgs
Resident Otaku

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2009, 05:52:18 PM »

Lets go to the main topic now, I have played this game seiken densetsu 3 long time ago, and i was wondering if there is/are some similar games, i mean, im looking for a game with  many classes and sofisticated strategy. It doesnt matter the combat style ( i mean turns, real time, bla bla) , i want to enjoy playing ,many classes lots of spells, and a good background story.

Here some games that i 've played :
-Breath of fire
-Never Winter Nights
- Dissagea (psp)

Check out NISA's lineup.  You'll probably find some games you like.  NIS developed Disgaea, and their American branch localizes a number of similar games.

Also, if you liked Neverwinter Nights, then Bioware and Black Isle's (now Obsidian) lineup will interest you.  Neverwinter Nights 2 is an obvious recommendation.  You should also give Baldur's Gate 2, Planescape: Torment, Knights of the Old Republic, and Mass Effect a try.  Dragon Age just came out and would probably also be up your alley.

The content of this post represents solely the opinion of the user, and is not guaranteed for accuracy, completeness, or usefulness.  Any facts potentially contained therein may have little or no basis in reality.  RPGFan shall not be held liable for fits of aggression or disgust inspired by the contents of this post.  Read at your own risk.
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2009, 08:15:52 PM »

Planescape Torment is awesome, unless you want a really combat heavy game in which case you'll probably hate it. PS:T is closer to Ultima 7in that it's about interaction and gameplay wise, it's more about solving puzzles and stuff. Which I actually prefer.

Also you might want to give Devil Summoner 2 a shot. It doesn't have classes per se, although demon race this time around is more class-like than usual. Or something. I don't know you should probably ignore me.

o/` I do not dream o/`

Willy Elektrix
Lord of the Sword

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2009, 08:18:09 PM »

Shining Soul II. GBA.

That is what im talking about!!!!

You've played Diablo 2 then, right?

Yes? Then how about Valhalla Knights 2 (PSP) or Phantasy Star Portable (PSP)?
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2009, 12:56:32 AM »

YMMV, but I'm a big fan of contact for the DS, which is sort of an action RPG and has a class system.

o/` I do not dream o/`

franitrehalf

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2009, 08:28:58 AM »

Well first thank you all, im playing summoner 2 and i want to buy Devil Summoner 2.

Talking about the topic , im checking all those game that you said guys ,
I realized that may be seiken densetsu 3 its kind of Hack n Slash style , am i so wrong?

May be action rpg could include Hack n slash style with deep elements of rpg ( i mean items, weps, stats , classes) I dont know may be im wrong but im trying to find a game with good story and also wide range  of classes. Although there are many games that you said that are pretty interesting and deep.

Lufia 2 -> I played it, but it s more strategic style i mean combat per turns

Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2009, 09:00:50 AM »

If you want Hack n' Slash with RPG elements, play Dynasty Warriors.

[awesomeface.jpg]
ULTROS!
People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2009, 12:09:35 AM »

I think Trinity Souls Zill 0'll (upcoming for the PS3) or Zill 0'll Infinite (PS2) is an RPG that has Hack-and-Slash Elements (Dynasty Warriors based)

"I feel ugly, I need a hard drink" - Maribel of Dragon Quest VII

Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2009, 03:52:28 PM »

I loved FF:CC's style but found the combat too clunky and repetitive :(

for me the timing aspect of combos kept it from getting to repetative.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2009, 07:18:35 PM »

I meant the original FF:CC. That had combos?

o/` I do not dream o/`

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: