Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 26, 2014, 11:17:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327467 Posts in 13409 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Legend of the Seeker
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Legend of the Seeker  (Read 3707 times)
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« on: November 09, 2009, 01:45:40 PM »

Has anyone checked this show out yet? We don't get it where i'm at so I watched the first few episodes online. I have to say that i'm only mildly impressed. Its a Raimi/Tapert produced show so I figured it wouldn't take the content very seriously and I was right.  It's only loosely following the books and some characters are woefully ignored so far(Chase and Aidie).Also, there's a lot thrown in that never even happened in the books. Still, I wouldn't call it out and out terrible....just a bit weak.  Anyone else have any thoughts?

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2009, 05:40:06 PM »

i find it enjoyable to watch. also i heard that the second season will be following the books more closely.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
LillianRed

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2009, 04:11:15 AM »

I found it entertaining... but kind of forgettable. Something you can watch and enjoy while its on, but once its not you don't exactly rave about it to your friends.
Raze

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2009, 01:24:24 PM »

I like it. Not being campy, or at least not trying to be campy, makes it a huge step up from Xena/Hercules.
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2009, 01:50:31 PM »

I like it. Not being campy, or at least not trying to be campy, makes it a huge step up from Xena/Hercules.

Give it a few seasons. Then we'll have modern day versions of this series' hot lesbian pair fighting along side the buttmonkey against the same Gods that they're usually beating down throughout the series.

Wait! Why am I not watching this show again?

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Itches

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2009, 10:07:10 AM »

I can't stand to watch this show at all. The only thing in common it has with the series it's based on is the names of the characters. Pretty much everything else is 100% wrong and it greatly saddens me. I can't watch it without facepalming.
Alisha

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2009, 02:35:27 PM »

i guess its good i dont read the books because i enjoy the show.

Sir_Dekar

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2009, 02:40:30 PM »

The two episodes of Second Season released, are very good. I think that the second season is superior at the first one. Also, the second season is more "Dark".
Alisha

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2009, 02:42:22 PM »

yeah i noticed that too.

magewarrior

wingdoria@hotmail.com wingdoria
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2010, 04:10:11 PM »

Never read the books, but the show is pretty good. The second season is better than the first imo. I agree it is more dark. Overall it's pretty good. Sadly I have to wait till late march for a new episode.

"you are free to sever the chains of fate that bind you"
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2010, 07:35:54 PM »

I watched the first couple of episodes because I love the books so much, I was terribly disappointed.

Every book translated into another media (except perhaps video games) always loses something, because there is simply too much to fit in. However, I wasn't prepared for how much of a disappointment it actually was. They got the character of Darken Rahl all wrong, even his appearance and habits. He looks like a JRPG villain and talks like one too.

I never expected a faithful adaptation but this really takes the cake, my boyfriend won't even read the books now because the TV show is so bad. Which is a shame because the first 5 books or so are VERY good. It had so much potential.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 07:41:59 PM by Starmongoose » Logged

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2010, 01:59:35 AM »

And it's canceled now....for the best:P

Itches

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2010, 03:20:57 PM »

I watched the first couple of episodes because I love the books so much, I was terribly disappointed.

Every book translated into another media (except perhaps video games) always loses something, because there is simply too much to fit in. However, I wasn't prepared for how much of a disappointment it actually was. They got the character of Darken Rahl all wrong, even his appearance and habits. He looks like a JRPG villain and talks like one too.

I never expected a faithful adaptation but this really takes the cake, my boyfriend won't even read the books now because the TV show is so bad. Which is a shame because the first 5 books or so are VERY good. It had so much potential.

There are really only 2 books in the entire 12 or so that aren't that great.  Pillars of Creation and Soul of the Fire (this one being much better than Pillars of Creation) are the two I didn't care much for, but the rest I enjoyed a lot. I think I watched the first two episodes of this show and just couldn't stand how it was 99% inaccurate compared to the books. From time to time I hear about what's going on in the series and it just sounds dumber and dumber.
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2010, 03:36:16 PM »

I stopped reading halfway through Soul of the Fire. I felt like he had exhausted his ideas because quite frankly it was getting comical how often their marriage was postponed. Do any of the other books return to the same quality of the first four or so books? Apart from Pillars of Creation apparently.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2010, 01:24:18 AM »

Personally, I thought they were all good.  Soul of the Fire and The Pillars of Creation were a little less entertaining but it's basically all one big story, right?

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: