Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 25, 2014, 03:20:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334825 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  God of war III
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Print
Author Topic: God of war III  (Read 15255 times)
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« on: November 13, 2009, 03:31:53 PM »

As you know the game is out in March 2010 and it will rock. Hard.

What you might not know (and don't care depending on your musical tastes) is this:

Dream Theater will record an instrumental track to be featured in the game's soundtrack! Fuck yeah!

Anyway, the game is looking amazing! I'm a huge fan of the franchise. I'm still on the fence about picking up the collection but this is a day 1 purchase.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
mr. nails
Total Games Beaten: 415

Playing: Dragon Quest V (DS)

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2009, 06:46:43 PM »

soundtrack aside.. i had to rub one out after watching this.  on that note i'm sold.  lol, or in this case cashed out.

Final Fantasy's Completed
FFI, FFII, FFIII, FFIV, FFV
FFVI, CC: FFVII, FFVII, FFIII
FFIX, FFX, FFX-2, FFXII & FFT
20th Anniversary
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2009, 07:01:16 PM »

The ultimate edition is pretty amazing.

http://www.godofwar.com/News/007775.html

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
mr. nails

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2009, 07:07:01 PM »

1/2 of this "ultimate edition" u have to download.  wtf for?  seems silly to me and they don't even include the blu-ray remakes of  GoW 1 & 2.  all for the low, low price of $100?  i don't think so.

20th Anniversary
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2009, 07:11:59 PM »

I don't really mind downloading MP3s, though it's weak that they don't just include a blu-ray and CDs given that this is the COLLECTOR'S EDITION, but I don't have an issue with not including GoW1&2. That did exceptionally well in voting, and instead they decided to just let people buy it separately. I know I wouldn't want to have to get the CE as the only way to get GoW 1&2 in HD.
mr. nails

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2009, 07:16:42 PM »

I know I wouldn't want to have to get the CE as the only way to get GoW 1&2 in HD.

and i can totally understand that, but for charging a bill for this u'd think they'd either drop the price or add sum other goodies to this in order to justify spending that hard earned cash.

20th Anniversary
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2009, 07:26:43 PM »

Did you seriously expect to get GOW1&2 thrown in there? The collection is selling for $40.

You get the soundtracks of all 3 games, an album with heavy metal versions, an artbook and a bunch of DLC. And that box is pretty sweet. I wont be spending $100 on a game, no matter how ultimate the edition is, but I would love to have it.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2009, 07:38:47 PM »

and i can totally understand that, but for charging a bill for this u'd think they'd either drop the price or add sum other goodies to this in order to justify spending that hard earned cash.

It's really mostly because of that box. Look at Halo 3 and Modern Warfare 2, the former had the helmet DVD case while Modern Warfare 2 came with Night Vision Goggles and a bust based off one of the primary characters of the series, and both sold for more than this CE does.
Booboo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2009, 05:44:16 PM »

I'll get this one since I'm hooked to the franchise, played the first two and love greek mythology. But after playing Bayonetta, this will be rather dull combat-wise.

Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2009, 12:15:06 AM »

The demo kicks serious ass.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Booboo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2009, 04:21:43 AM »

The demo kicks serious ass.

Too bad Sony didn't make it available for everyone like it's the fucking Holy Grail or something. Shame.

ULTROS!
People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2009, 09:57:55 AM »

But after playing Bayonetta, this will be rather dull combat-wise.

Aren't they different games? I think it would be better if you compared Bayonetta with DMC and God of War with Dante's Inferno. :P

"I feel ugly, I need a hard drink" - Maribel of Dragon Quest VII

Booboo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2009, 11:20:38 AM »

But after playing Bayonetta, this will be rather dull combat-wise.

Aren't they different games? I think it would be better if you compared Bayonetta with DMC and God of War with Dante's Inferno. :P

No?!? How are they any different? Bayonetta, DMC, NG and Gow fall in the same pot. It's just that some focus on story, combat mechanics, or style, but they are all still action games. Even if Bayonetta kicks them all in the head, that doesn't mean every one of them hasn't got it's charm. 

CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2009, 12:54:31 PM »

Oh I seriously doubt that bayonetta is even half the game GOW3 will be. But if you actually know that for a fact even before the release of the game good for you.

Jet16

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2009, 07:15:03 PM »

I think both of you are a bit off, actually. Bayonetta isn't going to make GOWIII seem dull by any means. I think Booboo was pointing out the huge stylistic disparity between the two, which, depending on your preference, may make one look dull or the other over the top and eccentric. I personally love both styles but found myself to enjoy Bayonetta a bit more for its outright craziness. Concerning CDFN's comment, overall, I can say that Bayonetta certainly does hold its own and more when compared to the big action games such as DMC, NG and GOW, and it has easily become my favorite action game, even with its botched PS3 port.

By the way, the demo for GOWIII was freaking great.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: