Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2014, 03:39:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
318921 Posts in 13029 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  I have a question about Phantasy Star II (Don't worry, no spoilers here)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: I have a question about Phantasy Star II (Don't worry, no spoilers here)  (Read 1932 times)
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2009, 04:44:13 AM »

(keeping character health at a reasonable level if enemies gang up on them, etc.)

The fact that "healing after a battle" counts for strategy in PS2 shows how... devoid of strategy PS2 is.

I like how during the first part of the game you don't really have nearly MP to cast spells with a reasonable frequency so magic's sort of non-helpful outside of healing.

Also PS1 played with armor resistance at a couple of points, which led to some neat Law of Miyamoto moments like getting the mirror shield to fight Medusa (or you could just come up with a weird strategy involving that rope spell. Oh my god, options!).

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

xellos2099

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2009, 01:43:46 PM »

The game is fine and all but it was silly hard at time and impossible to get through without some kind of guide.  I mean, random fight is one thing but having character getting two shotted by random fight in Ikuto and Naval is just...... SILLY.  Yes I mean charcter like An** and Ka**. 
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2009, 03:21:43 PM »

Paul Anka is easily the worst character at the start of the game but later on if you get the right equipment he's nigh unstoppable.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2009, 01:19:54 PM »

it is probally for the best that PSII does not have many boss battles since the normal encounters are pretty taxing on your resources. i gotta say though one of my favorite things in psII is how Shir could shop lift. it saves you from the meseta grinding i had to do at times in psIV.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2009, 03:09:54 AM »

Paul Anka is easily the worst character at the start of the game but later on if you get the right equipment he's nigh unstoppable.

However to get the right equipment you have to use Strength on the Truck.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: