Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 30, 2014, 02:43:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
335190 Posts in 13725 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Kara's Quest Released!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Kara's Quest Released!  (Read 2127 times)
Delmaschio

View Profile Email

Ignore
« on: November 20, 2009, 10:41:35 PM »

Join Kara and her daughter in an amusing and exciting quest to save Galahar, Kara's husband and Dorothy's father. Together they will find the true meaning of friendship and courage, along with 4 more partners they will put their limits to the test.

Kara's Quest features a entertaining Field Skill system, which makes the game much more interactive, you will feel like you're actually into a dungeon, not only crossing a plain map. You will be able to cut bushes, jump, push stones and more!

Join this entertaining cast of characters and see how they develop their interesting personalities as the game goes by.

Download Trial!
Buy Now! $19.99

Is she jumping?  :D

Now she is kicking! See the purple smokes? Those are malice, no more random encounters for your amusement.

Cutting a bush off the way!

Download Trial!
Buy Now! $19.99
« Last Edit: November 21, 2009, 12:07:20 PM by Delmaschio » Logged
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2009, 11:33:48 PM »

Anyone that pays $20 for a game like this really needs some serious help.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Wild Armor
Observer

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2009, 10:40:51 PM »

It looks like she banged her head on the wall and lying unconscious on the water

Avatar Author's sig: Let me know if you know this author. :)
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2009, 10:46:08 PM »

It looks like she banged her head on the wall and lying unconscious on the water

Someone just won a caption contest. :P

Seriously though, I'm actually a little intrigued by this one. DLing trial now. Just for kicks ... does this game have any "borrowed" or "stock" visuals or audio from RPG Maker?

Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2009, 10:52:11 PM »

okay...nevermind my previous interest. 5 minutes into the game and:

1) subject/verb agreement error.
2) prove spelled "proove"
3) the first bad guys I fight are called "Evolutionists." Is that like the opposite of a Creationist? Is this game out to fight some sort of secular/humanist/liberal agenda?
4) the install didn't actually create any shortcut to the game on my start menu or desktop. It created a folder in the start menu but the only icon inside was to uninstall the game. I had to go into program files to run the game. Maybe I should've just hit uninstall. :P

No longer interested. :(
« Last Edit: November 22, 2009, 10:57:29 PM by Ramza » Logged

Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2009, 01:10:45 PM »

okay...nevermind my previous interest. 5 minutes into the game and:

1) subject/verb agreement error.
2) prove spelled "proove"
3) the first bad guys I fight are called "Evolutionists." Is that like the opposite of a Creationist? Is this game out to fight some sort of secular/humanist/liberal agenda?
4) the install didn't actually create any shortcut to the game on my start menu or desktop. It created a folder in the start menu but the only icon inside was to uninstall the game. I had to go into program files to run the game. Maybe I should've just hit uninstall. :P

No longer interested. :(

This surprised you? Look at his post. It does not scream "professional" to me. That's the reason I would be surprised and saddened if anyone actually spent $20 on this game.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2009, 02:57:05 PM »

Pat- re the evolutionists and all.  The game's an offshoot of Dark Souls 2 which itself takes place in the same world as Dark Souls, which was almost like Grandia II with an older and more hardened Ryudo.  So the whole church conflict is in those games' worlds.  I haven't played much of 2, but I thought 1 presented both the church and the evolutionists fairly objectively.  I saw no agenda in his prior games and doubt there's one here either.

Far as graphics go, Warfare does do some nice spritework and this & Dark Souls 2 have custom tilework.  I think his battle sprites are fantastic.

Still, it's disappointing to see that the text is still rough, especially with other RPGM developers writing really well these days.  Dawn's Light by John Wizard still has the best writing I've ever seen in a commercial RPGM game.  Dennis commented on that in his review of Dark Souls 2.  
« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 10:43:03 PM by Dincrest » Logged

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
blackthirteen

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2009, 06:51:05 PM »

Good luck Delmaschio :)

I love the second screenshot with the roofs. It creates a nice atmosphere. Good job on your custom graphics.

« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 06:53:01 PM by blackthirteen » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: