Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2014, 06:25:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
318973 Posts in 13029 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Atelier Annie
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Atelier Annie  (Read 4227 times)
WildArms
With my dying will...!

Come on, become a legend

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2009, 07:47:38 PM »

ive heard battles do get hard if u dont pay attention to equips, i still havent see that thou, im still waiting for 2nd assigment, but at least im enjoyning the scenes, annie is pretty funny xD

I will beat you with my evil strategy of my evil 1.8 million IQ

add me to psn! the more the merrier!
Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2009, 09:36:48 PM »

Yes, some of the battles do get difficult if you don't outfit characters properly.  As you uncover gather points, the difficulty of enemies jumps noticeably.  I'm in the second year of the game, assignment #5 or so.  The sim elements are good/addicting, but the RPG elements feel a bit like an afterthought.

I'm enjoying the game, but it's totally an acquired taste and not for everyone.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2009, 06:43:38 AM by Dincrest » Logged

I approve of this nonsense!
wildcard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2009, 08:35:02 AM »

I've imported this game the day it was released in US and have played it through twice so far and on my third turn.

Seeing how I really liked the former Atelier Iris and Mana Khemia games I was well aware of the principe and didn't have a hard time getting around managing it. The only thing I didn't understood at first was the thing with the colors or how to assing 'traits' like 'big', 'small', 'cute', etc. in general.

I did find out after a while and the game went even easier from then on. The only thing I'm kind of missing is some sort of hint if you have any chance to get that 'Meister' title Annie is after from the start.

I did will in both games I've completed and got all gold prices at the quests and managed all resorts rather well, I'd think seeing how easily I cracked that 150 k mark, but nope. Not good enough for Meister, got someone elses ending instead.

I also would like to have a few hints outside the game on how to influence which ending to get without having a walkthrough. In Mana Khemia the system was rather easy, but in the second game I finished someone else's story and got the same ending anyway. I think this might be because I 'almost' completed his story and used him as battle assistant a lot and might have been too close to the Meister thing.

Definitly have to admit that I'm hooked, thought I'm also missing a menu option to re-watch an ending like in MK.
And I'm still cursing the "Lizard tongue" ingredient. I just can't find it >< Probably got to search more intense in certain spots.

And I think the difficoulty raises in the areas the more often you visit, not the more gathering spots you make avaiable. In my third turn I'm having quite the strong monsters, because I'm so often gathering there and I'm currently not putting much efford into the resorts as I want to see what happens if I don't do 'well'.

EDIT: Sorry, forgot to put the spoiler-thingy. I wonder thought. Do you think it's possible to get endings with all characters you can get to join your group? It's my estimation (along with two more characters) as that would be similar to the MK system.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2009, 09:31:54 AM by wildcard » Logged
Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2009, 09:20:42 AM »

Don't remind me of the lizard tail.  I'm in Year 2, and enemies are still wimpiest in the basin and stronger in, say, the ice forest.  So I think enemy difficulty is based on location.  Oh and please mark/code your spoilers.  That Hans thing is most definitely an ending spoiler.  

« Last Edit: November 19, 2009, 09:24:48 AM by Dincrest » Logged

aquagon

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2009, 10:51:30 AM »

Though the Lizard Tails are easier to get if you use Beaux to steal them from the Lizardmen in the Fruitful Forest (or in the Crater, which usually opens once Annie reaches Lv. 20 and watching a pair of scenes in the Committe HQ and the General Store). And the difficulty is completely dependant on the location, not on the time period or number of times you visited the gathering point.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2009, 12:08:42 PM by aquagon » Logged
ULTROS!
People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2009, 11:58:04 AM »

Just wondering, did anyone import Atelier Rorona? How was it?

"I feel ugly, I need a hard drink" - Maribel of Dragon Quest VII

Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2009, 11:21:41 AM »

As I was playing I kept thinking "Annie reminds me of someone."  Then it hit me.  She's just like this one girl I knew back in college, it's scary.  It's cool when video game characters remind me of people I interact with in real life.  Makes them seem more genuine and relateable to me.

WildArms
With my dying will...!

Come on, become a legend

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2009, 12:09:45 PM »

As I was playing I kept thinking "Annie reminds me of someone."  Then it hit me.  She's just like this one girl I knew back in college, it's scary.  It's cool when video game characters remind me of people I interact with in real life.  Makes them seem more genuine and relateable to me.

Seconded, though i stil havent meet someone as interesting, but meh, annie doesnt exist anyway xD

Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2009, 07:59:26 PM »

The "real life Annie" I knew in college wasn't all that interesting, but she was a lazy slacker who slept all day, hated studying, was not the sharpest tool in the shed, and whose ultimate goal was to marry rich and not have to work for a living.  I used to have a bio lab class with her and at times I felt like Pepe when studying with her.  There were times I called her before class or knocked on her door (circa 3pm; class started at 4) and I'd just woken her up... and she hadn't even started her prelab report.  That girl was a piece of work, let me tell you.  I feel for Pepe and Hans, since that girl could be exasperating sometimes.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2009, 08:19:37 PM by Dincrest » Logged

WildArms
With my dying will...!

Come on, become a legend

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2009, 08:32:01 PM »

haha xD, Yeah i can imagine how pepe and hans feels ...

Oh btw, this game does have different endings right? and i imagine is with "X" character you interact the most?

Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2009, 08:55:04 PM »

Yeah, there are multiple endings and they're based more on Annie's overall experience in everything (alchemy, battle, resort management) than just her friendships.  It's not like a love adventure where there are only character endings.  It's more like Princess Maker where the endings are based more on the girl's experience, and sometimes there isn't a gent at the end.   The few times I played Princess Maker 2, I never got an ending with a guy.

And to add to my above post, it just goes to show that girls who are cute and endearing in anime and video games are often exasperating pieces of work in real life.  

Der Jermeister

G'day, sport!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2009, 10:02:19 PM »

This is the first time ever I've gone through an RPG's New Game+ over and over to see all the endings; I've gotten the damn Royal Alchemist ending more than the others, though :/

wildcard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2009, 08:20:55 AM »

^

I know the feeling, but at least re-playing certainly is fun and a bit unique each time as it's up to the player how he spends his time. Also once you played the game through once, I feel that it doesn't take as long to re-play it again.

Right now I'm busy with x-mas preparations, but I plan on trying to find other endings as soon as I'm able to get back to gaming.

Acutally this 'free time' style plus the 'fix timed events' actually give a good idea about how Rorona will be played. If I remember correctly there was a similar system mentioned, with time passing as you go to fetch your materials.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: