Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2014, 04:18:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331801 Posts in 13585 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  SO4 Last Boss - HELP!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: SO4 Last Boss - HELP!  (Read 1755 times)
SSCamaro2010

View Profile

Ignore
« on: November 28, 2009, 05:12:07 PM »

I just got to the boss with the floating orbs (I'm assuming this is the last boss).  I spent over an hour, yes an hour, beating the crap out of this guy.  Then he got cheap and just finished off my entire party, which had their HP maxed across the board, in one attack!  Does this guy have like a jillion HP?  My front four were all in the level 60's.  Even after destroying the orbs, he just took oodles of damage and kept on ticking.  I haven't seen a boss like this since the secret boss in Final Fantasy 8.  I feel like throwing my controller across the room and never playing this game again.  Has anyone actually taken this guy down, and if you have how? Thanks in advance for the help.

Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2009, 07:07:25 PM »

Kite him with the bow and arrow chick.  Make sure she has chain attack equipped and maxed out.  Have her best abilities (Which I don't remember the names of.  Test them out on mobs if you aren't sure) maxed out.  Chain them.  Repeat and win.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
daschrier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2009, 09:16:21 AM »

Last boss does suck...he does have like a million hps. Just keep your hp up and keep at it.
SSCamaro2010

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2009, 10:18:54 AM »

My party consists of Edge, Aramut, Reime, and Sarah.  I have everyone's actions set to "Go all out".  I played as Sarah.  I used her to control the healing, and pelted the boss with Thunder Flare when I could slip it in.  All my other characters are grossly under-leveled and have weak or no armaments because I never used them.  This dungeon itself is the longest and raw hell, and I don't think I have it in me to backtrack the whole thing, replenish all supplies, and trek back to the audience room.  There's got to be a way I can beat him with my current setup.  Also, are there "ultimate" weapons?
Akanbe-

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2009, 05:23:07 PM »

My party consists of Edge, Aramut, Reime, and Sarah.  I have everyone's actions set to "Go all out".  I played as Sarah.  I used her to control the healing, and pelted the boss with Thunder Flare when I could slip it in.  All my other characters are grossly under-leveled and have weak or no armaments because I never used them.  This dungeon itself is the longest and raw hell, and I don't think I have it in me to backtrack the whole thing, replenish all supplies, and trek back to the audience room.  There's got to be a way I can beat him with my current setup.  Also, are there "ultimate" weapons?

Grinding is a decent option (or at least synth-ing new items in your ship and add a few +ATK options to your weapon).  Adding those can increase your power by a fair amount.

Running in and out of the final dungeon is actually pretty fast.  It only takes 5-8 minutes if you avoid enemy battles.  If you don't have the stomach for it, you won't have the stomach for getting the ultimate weapons (which can't be acquired till later anyway.)

You're probably going to have to level up.  If you don't want to do that, you're going to have to run back out and resupply yourself since you're under leveled (depending just how many supplies you are short on).  Even if you don't want to do that, do what I wrote in my first post while switching back and forth from Sarah to heal and Reimi to do mega damage.  No one else will touch her damage until the post-game Dragon Roar antics.

ShadowLaguna

Rattle your goddamn head!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2009, 08:01:02 AM »

I can remember the final boss being a pain in the ass, and had twenty-five zillion health, and dealt over 9000 damage at times. IT IS VITAL TO HAVE SARAH IN YOUR PARTY, OR ELSE YOU'RE SCREWED! If I can recall correctly, my allies were around the mid-60's when I beat the final boss, leaning towards the 70's. I'd recommend grinding to about those levels, if not higher. Also, if your characters are in danger, heal with Sarah yourself, because she can get pretty lazy on you in a battle as tedious as this one.

I would say more, but I'd probably just be repeating what has been said above, if I haven't done so already.

Good Luck.

Wii Number - 1981 9892 1002 5530
magusgs
Resident Otaku

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2009, 03:39:58 PM »

I can remember the final boss being a pain in the ass, and had twenty-five zillion health, and dealt over 9000 damage at times. IT IS VITAL TO HAVE SARAH IN YOUR PARTY, OR ELSE YOU'RE SCREWED! If I can recall correctly, my allies were around the mid-60's when I beat the final boss, leaning towards the 70's. I'd recommend grinding to about those levels, if not higher. Also, if your characters are in danger, heal with Sarah yourself, because she can get pretty lazy on you in a battle as tedious as this one.

I would say more, but I'd probably just be repeating what has been said above, if I haven't done so already.

Good Luck.

I don't remember having much trouble with SO4 til the bonus content (except when I chose to brute force fights rather than play like you were supposed to, and even that just made them long).  Might've been overleveled, I think my group was around level 70-71 at the final boss fight.  Sarah is definitely not required, even for postgame.  I used Myuria as main healer, but of course whoever you give the healing textbook to (Fairy Heal?) to is going to be an awesome healer.

To be honest, I found the arena battles to be one of the harder parts of the game, simply because I always tried to tackle fights I was way underleveled for.

Takeaway point: Don't use Sarah.  She's annoying.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2009, 03:42:39 PM by magusgs » Logged

The content of this post represents solely the opinion of the user, and is not guaranteed for accuracy, completeness, or usefulness.  Any facts potentially contained therein may have little or no basis in reality.  RPGFan shall not be held liable for fits of aggression or disgust inspired by the contents of this post.  Read at your own risk.
Akanbe-

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2009, 07:58:21 PM »

I didn't use Sarah either, but I did have synthed items to make my guys as strong as possible.  Sarah helps though

daschrier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2009, 09:29:38 AM »

I think I set up Sarah to do nothing but heal, that way she wouldn't be distracted with her useless combat abilities when she should've been focusing on my dying comrades.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: