Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 21, 2014, 06:13:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329357 Posts in 13491 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  New Blade and Soul 11 min trailer! SWEET JESUS IT ROCKS!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: New Blade and Soul 11 min trailer! SWEET JESUS IT ROCKS!  (Read 3511 times)
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« on: November 28, 2009, 05:35:40 PM »

If you do anything this week, you have to watch this entire trailer....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0_sFZDxLRk

Thoughts?
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2009, 07:31:34 PM »

Impressions as I watch:

...wtf is that... THING with the mouse ears.  Ugh.

The thing aside, nice character models.

...UGH MORE OF THOSE THINGS

Love the environments.  Korean MMOs certainly know how to stylize their online games.

...what's with the layer of grease on exposed body parts?  The kung-fu masters in particular, heh.  The constant glistening is weird, haha.  Don't know what to think of it.

I like how that blubbery boss thing exploded.  I assume it's a boss or something.  Better than seeing another generic "OK I'M DEAD I FALL OVER NOW" death animation.

Hell yeah, liking the enchanted forest look.  Also digging the majestic landscapes with waterfalls and what-not. 

I lol'd at the axe guy launching the gun wielding guy's corpse across the environment.

Pretty crystals look pretty.  Ugly mouse things need to die.  I want to stomp on them all.

As a kung-fu-master.
Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2009, 07:53:50 PM »

If it weren't for that dumb mouse race, I'd probably be tentatively excited for the game (the whole Korean MMO stigma keeping it checked at tentatively).  I'm thinking the game's going to have some pretty high prereqs to get the display maxed. 

It's never too late to start learning; it's always too early to stop learning.
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2009, 08:02:38 PM »

I'm going to play this game. AS the "dumb" mouse race. I freakin love the way this game looks.

Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2009, 12:34:21 AM »

Korea can't make games. This is going to be a fact for as long as they continue to invest heavily in MMORPGs. There isn't a god damned developer in the entire country that doesn't subscribe to the absolutely shitty design model MMOs are based around.

Also that mouse race is horrible.

I will pass on this.
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2009, 09:45:33 AM »

Oh hidoshi, don't be such a wet blanket. MMOs are about activities you do together, and I think the genre has evolved well. Maybe you should try getting your feet wet again. Design is only as good as the people you play with.

Let's also not forget there will be ample pvp, so the mouse haters can be vilified in rodent stomping, while the mouseketeers can represent!
« Last Edit: November 29, 2009, 09:48:30 AM by Tenchi-no-Ryu » Logged
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2009, 01:51:55 PM »

the mouseketeers can represent!

HELLZ YES WE CAN!

Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2009, 07:58:34 PM »

Eh, I suppose that might be fair, but I still have very little faith in MMOs. I tried out Aion and it was just baby steps up from a Warcraftian experience. The other issue is that I can't commit days of my time to these kinds of things. I run events and shit in real life, managing them in a virtual space is far too demanding. :\
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2009, 01:18:15 AM »

You silly monkey, you try Aion without coming on my server, or letting me know!? I am wounded to the quick!

I bleed.... rivers of anguish at your thoughtlessness :(

oh well...

BTW the too busy line is sooo not working with this crowd. Pat for one is a father of THREE and he's still truckin!! KAWAI 4EVA!

Though seriously, ever since our online RPGFan community got fractured when WoW came out, there's been a rift in reality that needs mending. We need to like, decide on one game to play and stick to it. I hate having to have 3 active MMO accounts just so I can keep up with my friends.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 01:20:14 AM by Tenchi-no-Ryu » Logged
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2009, 05:21:36 PM »

That next MMO is likely going to be either FFXIV or Star Wars The Old Republic for me.  Leaning more towards the former than the latter, but possible that I may indulge in both.
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2009, 06:01:40 PM »

FFXIV for me.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2009, 05:57:28 PM »

Oh hidoshi, don't be such a wet blanket. MMOs are about activities you do together, and I think the genre has evolved well. Maybe you should try getting your feet wet again. Design is only as good as the people you play with.

Let's also not forget there will be ample pvp, so the mouse haters can be vilified in rodent stomping, while the mouseketeers can represent!

PvP? well theres goes any interest i might of had in the game. i prefer PvE. PvP is just a distraction for when you bored or arent getting any invites.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2009, 09:11:09 PM »

PvP? well theres goes any interest i might of had in the game. i prefer PvE. PvP is just a distraction for when you bored or arent getting any invites.

If they're smart, they'll have some carebear servers.  There aren't too many games without them, although I briefly played a Korean MMO that didn't... >_>

It's never too late to start learning; it's always too early to stop learning.
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2009, 09:39:45 PM »

If they're smart, they'll have some carebear servers.  There aren't too many games without them, although I briefly played a Korean MMO that didn't... >_>

I didn't know that term, "carebear servers." But I LOVE it. Thanks for educating me!

Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2009, 07:04:41 AM »

Well, the only NCSoft game that doesn't have PvP would be City of Heroes, which really isn't a Korean MMO. I used to hate PvP but when its done well its awesome. It does change the dynamic of PvE when you have to keep looking over your shoulder and being battle ready at all times, but in my experience it really makes the PvE more exciting. Because fetch quests and killing X number of mobs for Y number of drops is only so interesting for so long.

Of course nobody likes getting ganked, it interrupts the flow, but occasionally you'll find an even fight and those are awesome! It really makes you feel like your faction/race is at war - which is yet another reason why I LOVE Aion.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: