Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 02, 2014, 02:38:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
328021 Posts in 13432 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  God of War I and II Blu-ray compilation for the PS3
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print
Author Topic: God of War I and II Blu-ray compilation for the PS3  (Read 11746 times)
Booboo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: November 30, 2009, 11:22:19 AM »

What if your PS2 died? :P

Well.. it's pretty healthy and running these days but IF something will happen I can pick up the collection for even cheaper. It's all just a gimmick for Sony to resell their games when they could simply have BC.

ULTROS!
People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: November 30, 2009, 12:48:35 PM »

Or build anticipation for GOW III's release (since it's the final game of the trilogy).

That and to people who found GOW III interesting but never got a chance to play GOW I and II (like me).

"I feel ugly, I need a hard drink" - Maribel of Dragon Quest VII

CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: November 30, 2009, 12:51:57 PM »

What if your PS2 died? :P

Well.. it's pretty healthy and running these days but IF something will happen I can pick up the collection for even cheaper. It's all just a gimmick for Sony to resell their games when they could simply have BC.

BC doesn't give you 720p at 60 fps. If you already own the original games just keep playing them, nobody is forcing you to buy the new versions. The point here is that they are improved versions. People who own them and have functioning PS2's are still buying them because they are not the same thing. You make it sound like BC would give you the same experience. Having BC on every PS3 wouldn't make these versions any less legitimate.

People act like its mandatory for manufacturers to include BC on every new system. If you don't want to buy the "same" thing twice just don't, it's really that easy.

This collection is a good chance for people who missed these games to finally check them out. And even if these people could play the PS2 versions on their PS3's they would still have to go out and buy them. For the same price.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: