Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 29, 2014, 10:21:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329952 Posts in 13522 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  The Helper Monkey
| | |-+  ps2/3 question
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: ps2/3 question  (Read 2092 times)
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« on: December 03, 2009, 08:12:39 PM »

is he ps2 HDD compatiable with the ps3? would it be able to read my saves? or would the drive have to be wiped before it could be used?

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2009, 10:02:56 PM »

is he ps2 HDD compatiable with the ps3? would it be able to read my saves? or would the drive have to be wiped before it could be used?
Your PS2 hard drive isn't compatible with other PS2s, let alone the PS3. Both the PS2 and PS3 (annoyingly) lock hard drives to consoles, probably as some bullshit security measure that just makes everyone else miserable when their systems fail and they can only depend on an incomplete backup feature.

Ok, now that I have that out of my system the PS3 also uses a different form factor and connection. The PS2 hard drives were modified IDE desktop as I understand it, while the PS3 uses standard SATA laptop drives. This also means however that for something like 80 or 90 bucks you can get a 500 gig hard drive off of Newegg and never have to worry about memory again.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: