Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2014, 04:41:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334718 Posts in 13708 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  White Knight Chronicles dated for the US
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print
Author Topic: White Knight Chronicles dated for the US  (Read 9696 times)
Akira
The Renegade of this Atomic Age

jonnybfbi
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2010, 08:20:34 PM »

Looks like I may have been too kind.

I wonder if the folks that sent me all of those whiny hate e-mails last Winter will send apologies now.

mmmm.....probably not.

"You must defeat my Dragon Punch to stand a chance."
pchimmy

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2010, 08:22:28 PM »

Wow.  Horrible review scores from all the sites.  Does anyone here have the game?  Anyone have impressions?
jphussey

hussman12
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2010, 09:06:57 PM »

I'm on the review.

I'm very sympathetic to boilerplate JRPGs, so if I don't like it, don't bother with it.
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2010, 09:08:10 PM »

Wow.  Horrible review scores from all the sites.  Does anyone here have the game?  Anyone have impressions?

I recall one of our older import editors, Ryan aka Shiguma, said the game sucked ass as well and not to waste my/our money on it.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2010, 09:13:00 PM »

Wow.  Horrible review scores from all the sites.  Does anyone here have the game?  Anyone have impressions?

I recall one of our older import editors, Ryan aka Shiguma, said the game sucked ass as well and not to waste my/our money on it.

I was actually surprised at the fact the game was licenced since the reviews were poor.  I'm feeling worse the game is getting hype, especially if its all for naught.  Then again, I haven't played it.  Hell, it seems more non-Asian audiences liked Demon's Souls.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2010, 01:09:23 AM »

I'm wondering if those reviews factored in the On-Line portion of it?

I ask because I was under the impression that the US servers went up on the second and it seems that the game was more or less designed around the faux MMO parts with the Main Quest being the extra curricular portion of the game (not that I'm trying to defend the MQ for its apparent blandness or anything as I have obviously yet to play this).

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
TurnBasedDude
Ys Man
Rainbow Club Member

hotshot562@hotmail.com Alcazard0 emmy_sols
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2010, 01:28:52 AM »

I winded up getting it only because I have several friends to play it with from the get-go. I'd hate it if I just dealt with single player, but I'm getting a kick out of it playing it with other friends. It definitely has a strong MMO feel to it, and gave me strong FFXI vibes, which I was obsessed with before. It's not as bad as it sounds thus far imo, but it is most certainly not for everyone. I'll team up with whoever if anyone else actually gets it.

Xbox Gamertag: Gig01
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Zapper101
Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2010, 06:16:40 PM »

I remember being pretty excited when this game was first announced because it had some sort of vague reminiscence to Xenogears in terms of the formula (and I mean really tenuous connection), but it looks like the game's become one of those eh, maybe if I get a PS3 titles.

It's never too late to start learning; it's always too early to stop learning.
macirex

mac_luzer@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2010, 08:58:14 PM »

I think IŽll probably wait till it drop the 60$ tag price...

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it."
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: February 04, 2010, 09:30:15 PM »

I'm with you on that one. I'd pay 30 maybe 40, but no higher than that.

Saviour

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2010, 09:41:08 PM »

These reviews don't surprise me.  I always thought Level-5 developed games were mediocre at best with extremely poor character designs.

Finished RPG Count: 90
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: February 04, 2010, 10:38:58 PM »

Looks like crap, sounds like crap. Probably is crap.

Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: February 04, 2010, 10:50:30 PM »

Level 5 pulled a Phantasy Star Universe.
ShadowLaguna

Rattle your goddamn head!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2010, 12:22:01 AM »

I'm with you on that one. I'd pay 30 maybe 40, but no higher than that.

I would be with you guys on that one, but we never get RPG price drops over here. Disgaea 3 is still full price here.

Wii Number - 1981 9892 1002 5530
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: February 05, 2010, 05:51:29 PM »

I picked it up and haven't found it to be as nearly horrible as everyone seems to claim it is. Granted, you can't go into any L5 game without having an obnoxiously overdone GUI, and if you can get past it, its a pretty solid JRPG. I haven't had a chance to try out GeoNet as the servers have been down, but the game isn't any worse than any of the other JRPGs released recently. The graphics are actually pretty nice if you can get past the somewhat dated character models. The music is great, and the combat system (once you get used to how it works) isn't bad at all. At least its a solid RPG, not one of the RPG-lite (i'm looking at you FFXIII). I like the fact that you have a pretty broad spread of customization options from equipment as well as abilities. Alot of the problems James outlined in the import review seem to be addressed. I've had no issues with leveling up - and while mana is indeed a precious resource - having hp/mp regen out of combat helps that alot. Personally i'm liking it a hell of alot better than the Tri-Ace trash i've had to swallow so far this console generation - even if some aspects of the game seem dated. I'm not sure how many things have changed between the original release and this International version - but I haven't found any major issues with the game, and am enjoying it quite a bit.

I don't think the game comes anywhere close to the disgusting mess of a game PSU was. WKC actually has a cohesive story, decent scripting, VARIETY and depth of gameplay. If you don't plan on buying it, rent it for a bit and give it a chance. I don't think the game deserves all the ire everyone keeps wanting to throw at it.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 05:55:23 PM by Tenchi-no-Ryu » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: