Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 26, 2014, 07:20:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327456 Posts in 13408 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  White Knight Chronicles dated for the US
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print
Author Topic: White Knight Chronicles dated for the US  (Read 9451 times)
jphussey

hussman12
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: February 06, 2010, 07:38:04 AM »

Got mine in the mail--review to come shortly.
daschrier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: February 08, 2010, 09:05:20 AM »

Bought a PS3 and WKC on friday. Only a few hours in, but I'd say that the import review this site seems to be the most accurate so far.

Dialogue and story are no better or worse than the typical RPG. Combat isn't any slower than say FF12 despite the grumblings of most reviews out there. The environments are quite beautiful and are fun to walk around. I did encounter a random enemy who took several minutes to kill and got very little reward for my efforts.

The avatar you create isn't really focused on at all in the main game, aside from being a friend to the main character, your avatar mostly hangs out in the background and raises his/her hands as if he/she were partaking in the conversation. Your avatar is mostly just there to crossover to the online portion of the game.

Game is pretty fun so far and the option to team up with others online will definately add or subtract points from your personal enjoyment of this game.
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: February 10, 2010, 04:07:01 PM »

I played it for about an hour or 2 today. It's no great shakes but I wouldn't call it a "bad" game. It's just a bit stale.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: February 13, 2010, 09:57:51 AM »

Despite all these crappy review scores I still want to play the game. I'm either a huge fan of Level 5 or a masochist. I'll let you decide :P

Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: March 20, 2010, 11:53:42 PM »

A little thread necromancy time.

So I was looking into this game to see if it had anything of redeeming value to justify wasting my time and money on it compared to the other 1001 other JRPGs out this month.

So far, aside from the custom avatar and multiplayer, my overall opinion of the game has soured to the point where I can't even justify having even the slightest interest in the sequel. I knew that the SPQ wasn't worth the time, but wow! This game fails so hard that I just had to express my disgust.

There's disappointment, then there's WKC, and then there's anything made by Tri-Ace this generation (save for Resonance of Fate).

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
citizenchris099

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: March 22, 2010, 11:54:33 AM »

A little thread necromancy time.

So I was looking into this game to see if it had anything of redeeming value to justify wasting my time and money on it compared to the other 1001 other JRPGs out this month.

So far, aside from the custom avatar and multiplayer, my overall opinion of the game has soured to the point where I can't even justify having even the slightest interest in the sequel. I knew that the SPQ wasn't worth the time, but wow! This game fails so hard that I just had to express my disgust.

There's disappointment, then there's WKC, and then there's anything made by Tri-Ace this generation (save for Resonance of Fate).

I simply can't remember if there was a difficulty option when you begin a game. The reason I mention this is it was WKC difficulty..or rather lack there of that was my biggest gripe. It was just waaayyy too easy..alsmot to the point of being a "My first JRPG" title intended for kids new to the genre.
If it had a harder difficulty (which it very well may) then I would have enjoyed the game much more. I love Level 5 and expect great things from them.

btw here is my review of WKC

http://citizenchrisgames.blogspot.com/2010/02/white-knight-chronicles.html
« Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 02:58:12 PM by citizenchris099 » Logged

--
Chris

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Everything that happens will happen today
and nothing has changed, but nothing's the same
and every tomorrow could be yesterday
and everything that happens will happen today"

-David Byrne
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: May 24, 2010, 07:06:45 PM »

Apparently White Knight Chronicles 2 Includes White Knight Chronicles 1!

According to this link the game will include both games and the first will have an upgrade in visuals and gameplay!
Now I consider myself lucky for having waiting for its price to drop.

Anyone else interested ?

Uru

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: May 24, 2010, 07:51:55 PM »

lol, no way, not after playing the first one. Level 5 has burned me for the last time.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 24, 2010, 11:35:00 PM »

According to this link the game will include both games and the first will have an upgrade in visuals and gameplay!

Anyone else interested ?

RPGFan reported on that well over a week ago! And actually, yeah, if WKC is underwhelming then at least I'd be getting it with the sequel.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: May 24, 2010, 11:58:53 PM »

I have some rumours to the effect that the version of WKC1 included in WKC2 will have gameplay enhancements from the sequel.  If things were rebalanced so that the game wasn't so easy would that make it worth playing through?

Uru

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: May 25, 2010, 12:12:54 AM »

I have some rumours to the effect that the version of WKC1 included in WKC2 will have gameplay enhancements from the sequel.  If things were rebalanced so that the game wasn't so easy would that make it worth playing through?

In all fairness, if I believe FF13 writing to be bad, I would have to put WKC much further below that. My problems with the game weren't with balancing issues in combat, they were with character development (or lack thereof) and a needless player created avatar thats deepest involvement in the story is  pretending to mimic talking in the background/acting surprised in cutscenes   -_-. 
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: May 25, 2010, 03:21:38 AM »

Anyone else interested ?

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!

Anyways RPGamer laid out all teh stuffs you get to carry over for part two seen here at http://www.rpgamer.com/news/Q2-2010/051910c.html

Link synopsis for the hotlinking impaired...

You get to carry over your avatar, ranks (both guild and crafting), all your material possessions (including moneys, items, materials, equips, and a diary), and DLed stuffs.

As for exp and mad skillz, too fucking bad nya, you're starting at level 30 with everyone else.

The article goes on to say that WKC Part Dux will also be Part the Finale.

You also get crap as consolation for wasting part of your life for grinding your GR ass off.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
daschrier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: May 25, 2010, 09:10:32 AM »

I'm hoping you get something for purchasing the first game seeing as how the 2nd will include the first as well...

I beat the main game twice but didn't bother with the missions as reading online made it seem like a pointless grind.
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: May 25, 2010, 12:21:17 PM »

Anyone else interested ?

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!

Anyways RPGamer laid out all teh stuffs you get to carry over for part two seen here at http://www.rpgamer.com/news/Q2-2010/051910c.html

Link synopsis for the hotlinking impaired...

You get to carry over your avatar, ranks (both guild and crafting), all your material possessions (including moneys, items, materials, equips, and a diary), and DLed stuffs.

As for exp and mad skillz, too fucking bad nya, you're starting at level 30 with everyone else.

The article goes on to say that WKC Part Dux will also be Part the Finale.

You also get crap as consolation for wasting part of your life for grinding your GR ass off.

lol, is it this bad ?
I mean, considering it will be two games for the price of one, if the first one is reasonable than, well, it isn't that bad of a deal.

Tailzo
RPG fan from Norway

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: May 25, 2010, 02:39:48 PM »

I don't see how WKC2 couldn't be improved enough to become a good game. I liked the first one, but the sequel shouldl:

• Have a lot faster speed for action input
  • Let me use a lot more AP points
  • Have some interesting characters in the story
  • Be easier to level up guild rank or find rare items
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: