Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2014, 06:46:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
332705 Posts in 13630 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  WoW - 1.12 Coming Soon
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: WoW - 1.12 Coming Soon  (Read 3133 times)
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« on: June 21, 2006, 02:19:16 AM »

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/underdev/index.html;jsessionid=BA32428B162B55EB6C8F80E447A64999.08_app01

Rogue Talent Review, World PvP work, and cross-server BGs.

WICKED.

-John

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Dio

... I'm not Dead.

SummonerDio@msn.com Diobility Diobility
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2006, 03:32:14 AM »

If this can cure the long ass que times, then this will be the B3ST PaTcH 3VAR!!11

Infinite.Bit Radio
Dedicated station to actual video game and anime music from various soundtracks. No radio show podcasts or anything like that... Just pure 100% music. Old, new and remade tracks is what you'll hear from us.
Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2006, 04:57:07 AM »

OMG, an incentive for world PVP again?  May wonders never cease.  I wouldn't count on the patch being soon though.  If 1.11 was any indication, we have quite a long wait ahead for the next patch. :P

It's never too late to start learning; it's always too early to stop learning.
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2006, 07:13:38 AM »

The fact that they have already updated that page is a great sign. Rogues aren't having very much done to them, from all that I have seen and heard. Cross-realm BG's could be awesome...or they could suck, depending on how they are done and how they manage the lag and server issues that are already there on some servers.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Cauton

cauton42@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2006, 11:48:59 AM »

Blizzard Europe botched patch day, as usual. The downloader has been nigh unusable all day, and servers have been down for something like 15 hours now.

After almost two years, shouldn't they know how to patch by know? It's the same crap every time.. Meh.

Anyway, patch content looks nice. I'm especially happy by some fixes of annoying bugs (poisons/weapon buffs lost on zone, chain lightning/multi-shot being able to hit you in stealth) and the addition of more flight paths. Also, Alterac Valley seems like it'll be not as huge grindfest as it used to. That's very good.
Rico

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2006, 12:33:07 PM »

Quote from: "Ryos"
OMG, an incentive for world PVP again?  May wonders never cease.  I wouldn't count on the patch being soon though.  If 1.11 was any indication, we have quite a long wait ahead for the next patch. :P

Incentive for world PVP's already in 1.11.  It's called, "Better honor at Light Hope's Chapel than grinding battlegrounds."  Man, we ganked so many suckers yesterday in-between owning crystals and getting raped by undocumented huge AQ40 boss changes.
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2006, 02:42:35 PM »

Quote from: "Ryos"
Incentive for world PVP's already in 1.11.  It's called, "Better honor at Light Hope's Chapel than grinding battlegrounds."  Man, we ganked so many suckers yesterday in-between owning crystals and getting raped by undocumented huge AQ40 boss changes.

What does killing the crystals do anyway?

Anyways, I quit WoW last week, finally cancelling my money drain account (barely played).  Once 1.2 hits, I may reinstall and reinstate.  We got a shitload of new transfers to our dead server (one of the reasons why i quit) and many major guilds transferred (such as "Fix Cthun or we quit" DnT).

From what I've heard, the cross realm BG system will absolutely rock if implemented flawlessly (chance of that happening, .001%).  This will absolutely rock in 60 BG's because it should limit 60 pug's in blues and greens verse epicced out guilds.  This should make for much more even matchups.  I can't see it doing that much in the 20-59 brackets except keep the levels closer to even on average.  What this should also do is limit stupid fucking forum bickering and eliminate topics as X guild rocks Y guild in BG since the group you face might be unheard of on your realm.  Better matches = less chances of other people afk'ing out.  I also wouldn't mind someway to fuck over the CP farmers who sit there and do nothing.  I am 99% sure nothing like this would be implemented, but it'd be nice.

The only thing I'm wondering about is exactly how will the bg's be implemented?  If I queue up, could I be thrown in with people from ANY realm?  Or will it be a bunch of people from my realm vs random people from another realm?  It'll be interesting to see.

World PvP might be nice.  I'll hold judgement until they release more information.  I wonder how this will effect normal servers, if at all, since they are always unflagged (everyone gets flagged when entering this area perhaps?).  Either way, it could be fun.  Seems like it would only effect 60's though.  Not much x<60 people could do against epicced out people.  I made a pre-made on the test realm and it taught me how much gear really matters.

As for the rogue review, I hope they don't get buffed too much.  I hate rogues (and i'm aware that 90% of the people on this forum play rogues). I wonder if it'll go back to being like back in the day when it felt like 20-25% of the realm pop were rogues.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Ark

me irl

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2006, 08:14:24 PM »

Quote from: "Akanbe-"

As for the rogue review, I hope they don't get buffed too much.  I hate rogues (and i'm aware that 90% of the people on this forum play rogues). I wonder if it'll go back to being like back in the day when it felt like 20-25% of the realm pop were rogues.

Thanks for this but don't worry the devs will fuck us up even more than we already are.
White_Mage
Banninated

charlie2009kck@hotmail.com charliekc09 charlie_rpg_2009_kck
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2006, 03:28:49 PM »

What is this game about?

[img:610b75be1e]http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b397/thedarkrider/attentionwhore.gif[/img:610b75be1e]
Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2006, 04:16:08 PM »

Quote from: "White_Mage"
What is this game about?

I really hope you're just trying to be annoying.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2006, 08:05:33 PM »

Quote from: "White_Mage"
What is this game about?

How can you be on the internet without having heard of WoW?

(Yes, I know the fella's banned. But holy crap. :P)
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: