Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2014, 05:39:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334602 Posts in 13705 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Yakuza 3 coming to the West March 2010
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Yakuza 3 coming to the West March 2010  (Read 3927 times)
ULTROS!
People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.

View Profile

Ignore
« on: December 08, 2009, 11:31:57 AM »

It's official: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/12/yakuza-3-marches-west

So... FFXIII, GT5, and God of War 3...

"I feel ugly, I need a hard drink" - Maribel of Dragon Quest VII

Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2009, 01:43:29 PM »

Hmmm... I never considered that. Four titles I really want in 1 month. Not cool.  I'd like to get Yakuza 3 but it's almost definitely going to be on the backburner for a few months. Why would they release it over here in March when they can obviously see the competition? It's like they WANT it to fail.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2009, 02:24:03 PM »

... March is the new November?

Ugh, how annoying. I'd like to support Yakuza's US presence, but then it comes out of nowhere in a month that's crowded pretty much regardless of your preferences.
Jet16

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2009, 02:55:04 PM »

So... FFXIII, GT5, and God of War 3...

And SMT Strange Journey. Yep, March is going to be great.
ULTROS!
People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2009, 09:10:25 AM »

Speaking of which, do I need to play Yakuza 1 and Yakuza 2 to understand Yakuza 3?

"I feel ugly, I need a hard drink" - Maribel of Dragon Quest VII

Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2009, 07:51:57 PM »

I'll be getting this and SMT Strange Journey.

The rest I know I'll be able to find copies of later.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Jet16

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2009, 07:52:15 PM »

I highly recommend actually playing the first two games, it'll make the experience of the third much better. That being said, Yakuza 2 offered an optional recap of the first game's events, so I assume that will be the case for three.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2009, 08:23:17 PM »

Honestly, if it weren't for the discount code I used for FFXIII I consider dumping it for Yakuza III. It does help of the high profile games it's the only one I would want right away and without a heavy price slash.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2010, 12:18:56 PM »

The demo just hit PSN.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2010, 09:45:00 PM »

I wasn't sold on this game initially, but I loved the demo.  Well, I probably still won't buy it.  Way too many games coming out in that time period.  Let's see, I'm already planning on getting:

Heavy Rain
Lunar: Harmony of the Silver Star
Final Fantasy XIII
Resonance of Fate
Dragon Age Origins: Awakenings
God of War III
Sakura Wars "So Long My Love"

Yeah, I totally have time for another game.  Maybe if I took the entire month of March off and played games 24/7...

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2010, 10:06:25 PM »

Depending on just how much you really want some of those games you could wait. For example I like God of War well enough, but will gladly dump it in favor of something else because it's going to sell perfectly fine, unlike something like Fragile. Then again I like God of War best when I'm paying $15-30 for it.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2010, 12:48:27 AM »

Yeah, I am being somewhat facetious there.  Since I'm not actually planning on taking the month of March off to play video games, I'm already at the point where I am going to have to delay some purchases.  Dragon Age Origins: Awakenings and God of War III have already been moved to my "must buy, but not necessarily right away" list.  I might have to do that with Resonance of Fate too...then things might be manageable.

Even so, at some point I have to start moving things to the "do not buy" list.  It's just overwhelming otherwise.  And I'm afraid that Yakuza 3 probably isn't going to make the cut.

Oh well, there are certainly worse things in life than to be overwhelmed by the selection of good games.

moomoofarm7

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2010, 03:25:45 AM »

I highly recommend actually playing the first two games, it'll make the experience of the third much better. That being said, Yakuza 2 offered an optional recap of the first game's events, so I assume that will be the case for three.

Agreed. The original is sick - really well done, awesome story and characters and fun gameplay. If you are intrigued by mafia, especially Japanese, you'll love it.

I can't wait for Yakuza 3.
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2010, 06:38:23 AM »

I just played the demo and it's really good overall. I was hoping they might have refined the fighting engine and gave you some kind of target-lock ability but it's essentially the same as the first 2 games.  Not a major gripe but I still feel that the controls overall are somewhat clumsy. The karaoke mini-game is pretty cool but it's pretty hard:S

I will most likely buy this at some point.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Akira
The Renegade of this Atomic Age

jonnybfbi
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2010, 07:23:07 AM »

http://kotaku.com/5478862/sega-you-are-once-again-making-a-giant-mistake

Sometimes I think Sega wants to fail.

The hostess club component is not a small part of the game either. I played through most of Yakuza 3 last year and that whole segment is a hoot. It isn't beyond localization either; toss in some funny western slang, tweak the tutorial to give some cultural context, and you're good.

I think I may have to create a separate topic about this. Valkyria Chronicles, Infinite Space, Yakuza, Resonance of Fate. How can Sega so consistently screw the pooch? I just don't get it.

"You must defeat my Dragon Punch to stand a chance."
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: