Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 28, 2014, 05:49:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338759 Posts in 13865 Topics by 2217 Members
Latest Member: milz
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Giving my FFXI account away
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Giving my FFXI account away  (Read 3318 times)
Dios GX
Banninated

dios@hidoshi.com GSaviourPrime
View Profile

Ignore
« on: November 30, 2009, 05:13:18 PM »

I'm not gonna be playing FFXI anymore, but my character has six years of endgame gear accrued on it, nearly has a Maat's Cap and eight jobs at level 75. I dunno if anybody wants to check out FFXI before it becomes outclassed by FFXIV, but if so, let me know.

I'm not selling my account nor am I going to give it to someone who wants to use my as a two-boxed character. I will only give this account full of infinite endless goodies and everything in the game accessible and available––to someone who wants to experience FFXI. If so, let me know. I'm not gonna be using it anymore.
Raze

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2009, 10:58:17 AM »

I think that'd make for a pretty bad gaming experience. He wouldn't know how to play, the community would tear him a new one for it and then he'd quit.
Dios GX
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2009, 01:56:23 PM »

Let's be a little more pessimistic about it.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2009, 03:52:59 PM »

It's an easy way to scare someone from the game, that's arguably a service.
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2009, 04:54:22 PM »

I'm not gonna be playing FFXI anymore, but my character has six years of endgame gear accrued on it, nearly has a Maat's Cap and eight jobs at level 75. I dunno if anybody wants to check out FFXI before it becomes outclassed by FFXIV, but if so, let me know.

I'm not selling my account nor am I going to give it to someone who wants to use my as a two-boxed character. I will only give this account full of infinite endless goodies and everything in the game accessible and available––to someone who wants to experience FFXI. If so, let me know. I'm not gonna be using it anymore.

judging by what i've seen so far i'm doubtful ffxiv will outclass ffxi at least not initially.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2009, 05:47:35 PM »

Can't believe I'd ever say it to Eusis, but stfu. :P

For anyone who wants to stake a claim on Final Fantasy completionism, this is a great opportunity. There's no question that you can learn to play the game starting at endgame. You can also go through the key fights of the game and experience various "endings." It'd be a huge time-saver. The grind to level 75 is *not* fun, but the storyline and end battles are.

Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2009, 06:07:26 PM »

Can't believe I'd ever say it to Eusis, but stfu. :P

For anyone who wants to stake a claim on Final Fantasy completionism, this is a great opportunity. There's no question that you can learn to play the game starting at endgame. You can also go through the key fights of the game and experience various "endings." It'd be a huge time-saver. The grind to level 75 is *not* fun, but the storyline and end battles are.

This is why I am tempted.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Dios GX
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2009, 12:14:48 PM »

There's not much to learn outside of looking over my character's macros, which are now server-embedded. I have eight fully-stocked jobs that anyone could try out, with macros to fluidly suit any situation they arise in. Tons of gear-swaps for job abilities and spell usage, etc.

To be honest, I imagine a new player may come out with better gear combinations than I myself have created, solely because they come from the outside of the current FFXI "society." Anyway, offer still stands. I don't want to sell this account just yet, but if the holidays are gonna continue the way it has the last few days, I may  have to.

Offer still stands as of this posting, however.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2009, 10:02:30 PM »

Hm. I'm incredibly tempted, even though I have theses, finals, and other stupid crap to worry about.

Damn you for making me think of playing this game again.

Vax

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2009, 03:19:50 PM »

Just posting to make sure you got my PM... I'd really like to talk with you :)
Dios GX
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2009, 10:44:17 AM »

This topic can be locked now actually. Account info has been given away already.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: