Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 24, 2014, 07:39:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338214 Posts in 13846 Topics by 2215 Members
Latest Member: RPGtourguide
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  The Helper Monkey
| | |-+  E 73 error.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: E 73 error.  (Read 1554 times)
Serene Prophet

sereneprophet@yahoo.com sereneprophet
View Profile

Ignore
« on: December 14, 2009, 03:30:25 PM »

So I started up my 360 today, was gonna go online after not having done so for quite some time, check on new demos and such, and I get the one red flashing light and the E 73 error message.  The xbox support site pretty much ignored that error number, and online most are saying its some sort of hardware failure.  Is there anything I can do besides sending it in to get repaired? (because my warranty is void and such.)  If not, I am more than likely just going to buy an arcade unit and stick my harddrive from this one onto that andsell my old one for spare parts.

Thanks.

-Give a man a fire, and hes warm for a day.  Light a man on fire, and hes warm for the rest of his life.-
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2009, 01:45:46 PM »

Stuff your Xbox in a blanket and stick it in a drawer, then leave it running till it melts down.

If you're still under your RROD warranty tell the rep that you have that and send it in.

Serene Prophet

sereneprophet@yahoo.com sereneprophet
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2009, 01:48:04 PM »

Sadly im not since I had to fix my RROD myself due to buying it used offa ebay and hence no warranty, so I just forked over the 168 and bought a refurbed one from gamestop.  90 day guarantee and then 1 year warranty, and I asked the guys about whats covered and whats not and it assuaged my fears.  Plus I was able to get a more updated model with HDMI and whatnot, so that was kinda nice haha.

Still sucks.

-Give a man a fire, and hes warm for a day.  Light a man on fire, and hes warm for the rest of his life.-
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: