Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2014, 02:43:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
332855 Posts in 13639 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  SDA Live Marathon for Charity!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: SDA Live Marathon for Charity!  (Read 1364 times)
Dios GX
Banninated

dios@hidoshi.com GSaviourPrime
View Profile

Ignore
« on: January 01, 2010, 10:00:35 PM »

http://speeddemosarchive.com/

This is so fucking sweet, I highly urge people to watch it while it's going on for the limited time it is. Final Fantasy 6 is the final scheduled speedrun, estimated to be a six hour run ending at midnight on the 3rd. This is gonna be non-stop live speedruns from MAGFest8 benefiting CARE, a charity helping fight global poverty.

These types of things usually end up at 75% of their goal by the time it ends, then the world unanimously feels like assholes and they reach 150%, which is just great if you ask me. As of this posting, Megaman 2 is on the block, with more megamannage to come.
TurnBasedDude
Ys Man
Rainbow Club Member

hotshot562@hotmail.com Alcazard0 emmy_sols
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2010, 03:17:49 PM »

I watched the SotN vs. speedrun at Damian's before I went home, and it was great. It's unfortunate one of the guys got lagged behind and even died a few times, but it was still an overall good display of skills.

Xbox Gamertag: Gig01
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Zapper101
Dios GX
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2010, 05:30:43 AM »

The original goal of $5000 was shattered during the Final Fantasy 6 finale, and ended at over $10,000 in donations.

A new world record for Link's Awakening was made during the event as well. Pretty sweet stuff.
ShadowLaguna

Rattle your goddamn head!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2010, 06:37:37 AM »

I only managed to catch a bit of Link's Awakening, and then I had errands to take care of. Gotta love time differences....

Wii Number - 1981 9892 1002 5530
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2010, 05:44:39 PM »

I was at the beginning of MAGFest, but missed most of the speed runs. However, I did see a panel hosted by SDA, and was able to donate to this charity event at that time.

Dios GX
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2010, 07:47:16 AM »

Oh, so you're like the one guy who donated before their runs really started. MAGFest fucked SDA over and the entire thing was hosted in an SDA member's house instead of at MAGFest itself. They actually mentioned you during the stream.
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2010, 05:38:48 PM »

I think there were actually two or three of us that went up after the panel to donate. Maybe the person who mentioned it in the stream only saw one donation made, but there were a few of us. <3 SDA and <3 Charity.

The situation with MAGFest and SDA was a little more complicated than "the convention dicked them over." It was probably a combination of the convention itself, poor scheduling, and hotel management.

Sensei Phoenix

Sensei+Phoenix
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2010, 06:03:17 PM »

Tony, I saw you in the chat during, I think it was Gunstar Heroes.

I loved the SotN run, and I can't wait to check out the footage of Pianotoads.  I also want to check out the FF6 run... stupid work making me go to bed before it starts.

DIGIBOOTY AHOY!
Dios GX
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2010, 11:51:47 PM »

Her live FF6 run was absolutely amazing, save for one unexpected problem. The phantom train imped Sabin, so she couldn't suplex the train. Everybody was very sadface about this.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: