Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2014, 09:55:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334685 Posts in 13706 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Last rebellion officially announced
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Last rebellion officially announced  (Read 7067 times)
Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2009, 01:18:31 PM »

2) From Software used to be the group I cited for making mediocre RPGs (see: King's Field, Evergrace, Eternal Ring). Yeah, well then they made DEMON'S SOULS (amazing), and word is that 3D Dot Game Heroes is pretty awesome too. Believing that a developer can *never* rise from the depths of mediocrity is folly.

You know, I've heard that Demon's Souls is basically King's Field in 3rd person.  I've also heard that FROM is much, much better at making action games then RPG's, and I can personally attest that Demon's Souls is much more Action game then it is RPG.

So basically, FROM didn't really "rise up" at all, it just focused on making a game it was already good at making.
Myght

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2009, 01:52:59 PM »

2) From Software used to be the group I cited for making mediocre RPGs (see: King's Field, Evergrace, Eternal Ring). Yeah, well then they made DEMON'S SOULS (amazing), and word is that 3D Dot Game Heroes is pretty awesome too. Believing that a developer can *never* rise from the depths of mediocrity is folly.

You know, I've heard that Demon's Souls is basically King's Field in 3rd person.  I've also heard that FROM is much, much better at making action games then RPG's, and I can personally attest that Demon's Souls is much more Action game then it is RPG.

So basically, FROM didn't really "rise up" at all, it just focused on making a game it was already good at making.

Agree totally Eric. Still love DS though, and Isn't 3D Dot just a Zelda clone? Even If It Is, who doesn't like Zelda (yah, just set myself up there :0). A new Zelda style game for the PS3 would be awsome I think.
Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2009, 02:06:58 PM »

I really don't see why people keep mentioning the term "Zelda Clone" like it's a bad thing.  I mean, if you don't like Zelda that's one thing, but most of the people I see complaining about it, well, like Zelda games.
Myght

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2009, 02:13:25 PM »

I think It's a good thing. I loved Zelda!

I'm just not sure If the game Is, as I have had 0 time spent with this game. I've seen the media label the game, but that's their opinion. After all, their just people too.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2009, 02:27:08 PM by Myght » Logged
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2009, 04:35:56 PM »

3D Dot Heroes is NOT a Zelda clone!  It's a Golden Axe Warrior clone!  Seriously, look at the protagonists in both games.  (I say that with tongue in cheek, mind you.)  As long as 3D Dot Game Heroes is fun to play and has heart, I'll be happy; especially since the game's asking price isn't exorbitant.  I love a throwback as much as anyone and 3D Dot Game Heroes looks like a throwback that genuine effort was put into.  Unlike, say, Nostalgia which was totally half-hearted.  

And once again, it would be great if Last Rebellion turns out to be the game that eases my doubts about HitMaker.  There's room for improvement.  I mean, Hyundai cars were tin cans in the 1980s but are now just as well-made and reliable as anything from Honda or Toyota.  
« Last Edit: December 23, 2009, 04:46:31 PM by Dincrest » Logged

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2009, 10:56:01 PM »

Does Atlus count? :P Persona 1 was average, it got better in Persona 2, Persona 3 was well received, and eventually Persona 4 was highly commended (and created a cult!)

This might actually be an interesting example. I think it's actually less that they got better (though they did!) as that they became less impenetrable... or people are more willing to try something a bit different now that things have gotten so stagnant.
Raziel

Megaten Fan

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2009, 03:19:59 AM »

Believing that a developer can *never* rise from the depths of mediocrity is folly.

Does Atlus count? :P Persona 1 was average, it got better in Persona 2, Persona 3 was well received, and eventually Persona 4 was highly commended (and created a cult!)

And yet P4 is the worst of the bunch.

Drama!
WildArms
With my dying will...!

Come on, become a legend

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2010, 09:02:52 AM »

Well the release is getting closer and NISA made a post at the playstation page, there, they talk about story and a little of gameplay video, still gotta see more because i think we will see the actual new battle system once someone actually plays it and gives his opinion.
It seems the two main characters share the same body... like 2 souls in one body, this reminds me of summon night EX wings of dawn, never seen in english so it doesnt matter.

Anyway here is the link http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/02/last-rebellion-coming-to-ps3-on-february-23/, personally, from that video, the battles looks ok, but still cant catch the new battle system they talk about, anyhow, the story is what calls my attention more.

It seems they made this game thinking of the west so we may expect something different
« Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 09:06:48 AM by WildArms » Logged

I will beat you with my evil strategy of my evil 1.8 million IQ

add me to psn! the more the merrier!
Silverwolf X

私にする? 私にする? それとも、 わ.た.し?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2010, 09:35:37 AM »

5 mins later I gave up my copy, what waste of money. Its... horrible. Now I know why most Japanese called it garbage. It IS garbage. NIS flopped big time.
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2010, 09:39:49 AM »

So HitMaker fails once again?  Ugh!  Dragoneer's Aria and Blade Dancer were mediocre at best, A Witch's Tale was horrid... however my morbid fascination for bad gaming partially makes me want to review it for RPGFan.  I agree with Kim's A Witch's Tale assessment in her review when she frustratedly shouts, "But you had so much potential!"
« Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 09:45:25 AM by Dincrest » Logged

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Silverwolf X

私にする? 私にする? それとも、 わ.た.し?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2010, 09:42:27 AM »

The game looks like a PSP game. Its dialogue is... is... wtf. The characters have the likability of... a stone and the story... i dunno, its just... Japanese attempt at making a western rpg gone horribly wrong from blind assumptions of what makes a WRPG.

If i recommend this game to anyone, its because that person is an enemy and I want to see them puke blood at how they just wasted money on digital garbage.
WildArms
With my dying will...!

Come on, become a legend

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2010, 11:09:25 AM »

The game looks like a PSP game. Its dialogue is... is... wtf. The characters have the likability of... a stone and the story... i dunno, its just... Japanese attempt at making a western rpg gone horribly wrong from blind assumptions of what makes a WRPG.

If i recommend this game to anyone, its because that person is an enemy and I want to see them puke blood at how they just wasted money on digital garbage.

geroggo.... darn i was expecting something at least acceptable, im guessing NIS  made NISA localize it just because it was made thinking of the west, a worker of NISA even told me not to expect much D: ... But i need to try all ps3 rpgs... for honor... darn

I will beat you with my evil strategy of my evil 1.8 million IQ

add me to psn! the more the merrier!
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2010, 12:36:33 PM »

So HitMaker fails once again?  Ugh!  Dragoneer's Aria and Blade Dancer were mediocre at best, A Witch's Tale was horrid... however my morbid fascination for bad gaming partially makes me want to review it for RPGFan.  I agree with Kim's A Witch's Tale assessment in her review when she frustratedly shouts, "But you had so much potential!"

Man, I totally called A Witch's Tale.

That said, its good to see that my lack of interest in this game paid off as well.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2010, 12:42:22 PM »

I honestly liked P1 a lot more than 2.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2010, 12:52:17 PM »

3D Dot Heroes is NOT a Zelda clone!  It's a Golden Axe Warrior clone!  Seriously, look at the protagonists in both games.  (I say that with tongue in cheek, mind you.)  

This falls apart in the face of my protagonist being made to look like a certain green-clad elf dude. Also have you seen GAW's world map?

And once again, it would be great if Last Rebellion turns out to be the game that eases my doubts about HitMaker.  There's room for improvement.  I mean, Hyundai cars were tin cans in the 1980s but are now just as well-made and reliable as anything from Honda or Toyota.  

Fixed.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: