Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2014, 03:22:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319774 Posts in 13047 Topics by 2147 Members
Latest Member: TacoBell_Lord
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Last rebellion officially announced
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Last rebellion officially announced  (Read 6679 times)
WildArms
With my dying will...!

Come on, become a legend

View Profile

Ignore
« on: December 22, 2009, 09:41:34 AM »

Alright, so last Rebellion is officially coming to AMERRRRRICA in February 2010 (i know, Q1 of 2010 will be heaven fused with hell, for our pockets).

Here is the main nisa's page: http://nisamerica.com/games/lastr/  

Contains a video (with little gameplay), and some info about the game, on a side note, i like the violin part on the video's song, like in every song i hear... violin just pwnz

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/02/last-rebellion-coming-to-ps3-on-february-23

« Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 09:05:59 AM by WildArms » Logged

I will beat you with my evil strategy of my evil 1.8 million IQ

add me to psn! the more the merrier!
Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2009, 10:07:03 AM »

Developed my HitMaker, though.  That has me iffy because all the other NISA-published HitMaker-developed titles were below average games (i.e. Blade Dancer, Dragoneer's Aria, A Witch's Tale.) 

I approve of this nonsense!
Myght

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2009, 11:06:54 AM »

I like the Idea of the battle system, kinda FASA like. The person on Shitaku says the battle system reminds him of FO3....kids, probably never played a Battle Tech game. Aaahh, good memories of stale cigarettes, pizza and screaming- that's not In the rule book! 
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2009, 11:24:39 AM »

Cool, those two chicks look like they're going to make out.
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2009, 11:41:00 AM »

I really like that artwork you posted, but Hitmaker is indeed mediocre. I'll see what people think first.

Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2009, 11:49:34 AM »

Cool, those two chicks look like they're going to make out.

Isn't one of those 'chicks' a guy?

AJR
Totally groovy

Oh, this burning beard.

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2009, 11:54:24 AM »

Yep. That's the joke.

Earth-2.net is a website where I occasionally type words about entertaining pieces of media.
ULTROS!
People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2009, 12:04:12 PM »

The guy (Nine) looks like Asch and Luke: http://ayumikat.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/cd_luke-x-asch.jpg

If it's above average, I'm going to get it second hand.

"I feel ugly, I need a hard drink" - Maribel of Dragon Quest VII

WildArms
With my dying will...!

Come on, become a legend

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2009, 04:42:54 PM »

The guy (Nine) looks like Asch and Luke: http://ayumikat.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/cd_luke-x-asch.jpg

If it's above average, I'm going to get it second hand.

More like Richter from tales of symphony 2 xD http://pics.livejournal.com/thelovemafia/pic/00132r9b

I really like that artwork you posted, but Hitmaker is indeed mediocre. I'll see what people think first.

Yeah, and watch more gameplay video, all we have now is the official trailer, english's and jpn's, there isnt more so far, not even in youtube. But im expecting good things, i dunno why, maybe because the Q1 of 2010 will be happy for rpgamers

Developed my HitMaker, though.  That has me iffy because all the other NISA-published HitMaker-developed titles were below average games (i.e. Blade Dancer, Dragoneer's Aria, A Witch's Tale.)  

Ugh, well, hearing those tittles really makes my expectations go down, but im not really much of a "3 sucky games before, the 4th one must suck as well" dude, so im just gonna think this may be their revival, so far it seems the battle system is "new", looks strangely interesting

« Last Edit: December 22, 2009, 04:54:38 PM by WildArms » Logged

ShiningHero

Lawlerabs

lightbreakerec@hotmail.com Blazeddc
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2009, 05:56:58 PM »

Not sure if this is a misprint or not but amazon has the game up for pre-order for $39.99. I'd be willing to pay 40 dollars for another PS3 rpg. :/

Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2009, 06:12:08 PM »

Two worthwhile points on the origin of this game:

1) Dragoneer's Aria Blade Dancer et al was SOLELY DEVELOPED by Hitmaker and then published by NIS / NISA. Last Rebellion is, in contrast, co-developed by Hitmaker and NIS. The mere fact that the music sounds impressive already puts it in a better place than previous games, so that ups my anticipation a bit.

2) From Software used to be the group I cited for making mediocre RPGs (see: King's Field, Evergrace, Eternal Ring). Yeah, well then they made DEMON'S SOULS (amazing), and word is that 3D Dot Game Heroes is pretty awesome too. Believing that a developer can *never* rise from the depths of mediocrity is folly.

Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2009, 06:19:37 PM »

But a less-than-stellar track record still plants seeds of doubt.  I hope the game is good and I eat my words.  Thing is, I said that about A Witch's Tale and it sucked.

I approve of this nonsense!
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2009, 06:22:18 PM »

But a less-than-stellar track record still plants seeds of doubt.  I hope the game is good and I eat my words.  Thing is, I said that about A Witch's Tale and it sucked.

I hope A LOT of games are good. I haven't done a detailed statistical analysis, but expectation vs actual impression, I'd guess "hopeful it's good" leads to "oh crap it sucks" half the time and "hey this really is good!" the other half.

WildArms
With my dying will...!

Come on, become a legend

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2009, 07:09:32 PM »

Not sure if this is a misprint or not but amazon has the game up for pre-order for $39.99. I'd be willing to pay 40 dollars for another PS3 rpg. :/
They even have the date bad, never belive amazon until one month before release xD

ULTROS!
People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2009, 11:15:19 AM »

Believing that a developer can *never* rise from the depths of mediocrity is folly.

Does Atlus count? :P Persona 1 was average, it got better in Persona 2, Persona 3 was well received, and eventually Persona 4 was highly commended (and created a cult!)

Well, the reversed situation happened to a number of current devs (notably tri-Ace and to an extent Square Enix)
« Last Edit: December 23, 2009, 11:18:13 AM by Hoshino_Kid » Logged

"I feel ugly, I need a hard drink" - Maribel of Dragon Quest VII

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: