Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2014, 02:07:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331718 Posts in 13581 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  FFXIV Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 54 Print
Author Topic: FFXIV Thread  (Read 111860 times)
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #60 on: April 09, 2010, 08:38:06 AM »

You want, footage... here ya go... Thanks to Belledeath for digging this up in the wilds of the internet.

http://www.justin.tv/calvyno/b/261943051#r=ufrRjWg~&s=li Takes a while for him to login though, but almost 2 hours worth of gameplay.

I warn you, its painful to watch cause the person playing doesn't seem to know what the hell their doing, and has several other things running in the background like MiRC etc. The framerate is also pretty choppy, but at least its a clear glimpse of how the gameplay works, you just have to be really patient in watching the video.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 08:52:31 AM by Tenchi-no-Ryu » Logged
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 09, 2010, 09:00:26 AM »

LOL looks like he made this stream also...
http://www.justin.tv/calvyno/b/261945023

and got banninated for violating the NDA, but the videos still remain intact. Sucks for him :)
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: April 09, 2010, 12:13:24 PM »

Yeah, there's leaked stuff all over.  Been watching it like a hawk.
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 09, 2010, 05:26:15 PM »

I'm kind of hoping the combat is a little more fast paced later on. After playing AION, i'm spoiled on the battle system, from the video it looks about as slow as XI ><
Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: April 09, 2010, 06:08:36 PM »

I'm kind of hoping the combat is a little more fast paced later on. After playing AION, i'm spoiled on the battle system, from the video it looks about as slow as XI ><

I like your taste in MMO's, especially after your support in Anarchy Online, but let Aion die.

If you re-spec your elduhz and own a Vita - http://twitter.com/BSNursery
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 09, 2010, 06:27:20 PM »

I'm just stating that I still think Aion's combat system is the best of the genre  right now that I've experienced, especially at endgame. The rest of the game has issues, but I standby my opinion of the combat. Combat in XI was slow, methodical and boring after a while. I really hope XIV mixes things up and makes combat more fast paced and visceral.
Raze

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: April 09, 2010, 06:58:49 PM »

I do remember sighing a long time ago when gameplay footage first came out, but now I'm thinking it'd actually be a nice change of pace. Instead of everything focused on me the pace is set to playing in a party. You see what everyone's doing and if they're playing well or not. Without a addon saying 'This guy is doing good damage, that guy is doing bad damage.' or 'This healer has dispelled 20 times, that healer hasn't dispelled crap'. You can actually follow everything that's going on in real time and not just everything that concerns you.

Of course the trade of is solo will suck.
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 10, 2010, 08:29:00 AM »

Looks like the leaked alpha footage got removed at the developer's request. However there's still some more stuff on the net such as...

leaked alpha manual with pictures...

http://www.psu.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5063463#post5063463

Click on the spoilers button to show the details...

Here's a more tidyed up version via GameInformer.

http://gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2010/04/05/final-fantasy-xiv-alpha-begins-thursday-new-details-uncovered.aspx
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 10, 2010, 09:48:53 AM »

Looks like videos are still up here... http://www.ffxivblog.com/livestream-of-ffxiv-gameplay/

If you haven't seen them yet, you may want to check them out before they get yanked again.
Raze

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: April 18, 2010, 05:11:59 PM »

In FFXIV, levels are called “physical levels.” Points you acquire during battles can be put into HP, MP, strength, intelligence, and other stats. You can choose one of them and specialize it. For instance, you can just focus on strength, or you can try to balance all of them. So, how characters grow is totally up to you. This system should give rise to a lot of originality.

This sounds horrible. The severity of it will depend on if all your stats go up on their own in addition to you having points to assign or not, and if you can 'respec', but just the general idea completely goes against the class system. If you mainly play a caster and want to play a gladiator on the side you'll just be one crappy gladiator with all your points in mp/int/mnd. And you can't really make a 'balanced' character instead of min/maxing with the mentality that people are going to bring over from ffxi.

Edit-Looks like there will be respecs. So the system won't break your ability to play any class. Hopefully each class gets it's own stat sheet so you can switch classes easily. There's still room for the system to be a big hassle, but if they can avoid that it could be interesting(If you do things like respec for certain fights) or at least a non-issue(There's one 'right' place to put your stats and you put them there and forget about it).
« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 05:42:33 PM by Raze » Logged
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: April 18, 2010, 07:37:15 PM »

FFXIV is basically a hybrid of Everquest 2, FFXI, and Ragnarok Online.
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 23, 2010, 02:07:38 AM »

Any of you Leviathan old timers (newcomers welcome too), Belle put together a group on Facebook for people to discuss and network for XIV. Check it out.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=120647537949251
Tailzo
RPG fan from Norway

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: May 17, 2010, 05:19:44 AM »

Sorry if this has been asked before. But is it known if PC players can play with ps3 players? My wife has a powerfl enough pc to run just about any game, but I don't, and I usually prefere gaming on consoles.
Logick

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: May 17, 2010, 09:47:19 PM »

it should be both, wouldn't make sense if XI could while XIV couldn't

"If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing."
~Malcolm X
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: May 22, 2010, 12:29:33 PM »

FFXIV is basically a hybrid of Everquest 2, FFXI, and Ragnarok Online.

Jesus christ I can't tell if that's a good thing or a terrifying thing.

Can someone just answer me this: is the game good and worth playing?

I DO need an MMO to tide me over until The Old Republic touches down.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 54 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: