Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 27, 2014, 07:29:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338664 Posts in 13863 Topics by 2217 Members
Latest Member: milz
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  FFXIV Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 54 Print
Author Topic: FFXIV Thread  (Read 116073 times)
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: May 28, 2010, 03:24:40 PM »

Didn't get anything.  Oh well.
Dios GX
Banninated

dios@hidoshi.com GSaviourPrime
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: May 28, 2010, 05:36:45 PM »

The ATB bar doesn't start filling till you actually select the attack, there's no auto-attack, and you can't have different skills charging in tandem.  I tried Lancer and the ATB for the manual attack was about 3.5-4 seconds. I'll play with it some more this week and try a 1H class and see if its any better. Though I have to say i'm finding that i'm looking forward to TERA more than FFXIV at this time.

to be honest much of why i liked ffxi had little to do with the gameplay and everything to do with the atmosphere. i'm curious what thats like in FFXIV.

You just want new quiet spots to /sit with someone and snuggle. Don't you. DON'T YOU!~?!~?!~@
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: May 28, 2010, 05:55:43 PM »

The ATB bar doesn't start filling till you actually select the attack, there's no auto-attack, and you can't have different skills charging in tandem.  I tried Lancer and the ATB for the manual attack was about 3.5-4 seconds. I'll play with it some more this week and try a 1H class and see if its any better. Though I have to say i'm finding that i'm looking forward to TERA more than FFXIV at this time.

to be honest much of why i liked ffxi had little to do with the gameplay and everything to do with the atmosphere. i'm curious what thats like in FFXIV.

WTF lol? thats totally not me!

You just want new quiet spots to /sit with someone and snuggle. Don't you. DON'T YOU!~?!~?!~@

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: May 29, 2010, 03:43:21 PM »

Final Fantasy XIV will be horrible, it will be full of people who sit around and idle for hours on end and never play, just sit there, showing their gear off, randomly spouting 2-3 lines of text and running off again for hours.
Even worse, there will be those guys who get all excited and play it swearing it will be awesome, then ditch after a month after getting everyone they know to play it and then quit to play Star Wars the old republic or something equally queer. He'll create a ventrillo channel, a guild/linkshell/group/etc for the group and even hang around all the time after he bails too. You guys probably know some people like that, right?

Besides, the battle system is SOOOOO boring, I mean, you have to sit there...and wait for your player to attack after selecting their move. Seriously...what game does that?

/end_obvious_sarcasm

FFXIV will be fun, especially since it will give people a reason to stop playing FFXI, which is so horrible and unbalanced and grindy and annoying (yet I still play it way too much).

TASTY!
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: May 29, 2010, 11:02:38 PM »

Anyone feel this way at last E3?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puOiYZE7B1w
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: May 30, 2010, 06:46:49 PM »

Anyone feel this way at last E3?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puOiYZE7B1w

That was soooo 11 months ago. ;p
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: June 04, 2010, 03:47:12 AM »

Couple of new things on the games development. There was a recent Famitsu article that details some of the changes we will be seeing when we move into beta testing (we are still in alpha).  If you follow the XIV fansites, this is old news, but I have to try to keep this thread alive :)

Major news is that Alpha phase 1 may be coming to an end soon.  Second round of alpha invites have gone out and they will be adding new test servers. No ETA at this time, but I suspect there will be another round of invites going out then too.

When the next phase of alpha/beta begins (there's some ambiguity because alpha 2/ beta 1 have been used interchangeably) there will be a complete overhaul of the combat system to make it easier to string attacks together. Yay!

Also Miquo'te will finally be playable. Double Yay!

Addition of real dynamic lighting (HUGE!)

For more details of the inteview, check the numerous dedicated fansites for details.

With E3 less than 2 weeks away, we have confirmation that FFXIV will be featured there and that there will be some kind of announcement. My money is on a release date and the beginning of PC and PS3 beta testing.

Personally I'm very happy to see Square Enix take testing feedback seriously, especially in light of how close minded they were with FFXI. If they can fully abandon the tenets from XI they clung to for dear life, XIV may have a shot at making a lasting impression on the MMO audience, instead of feeling like an HD retread.
Cesta

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: June 04, 2010, 01:48:19 PM »

I got an email inviting me to the second stage of the Alpha Test this morning. Can't wait to help them make the game better.
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: June 04, 2010, 11:57:45 PM »

I got an email inviting me to the second stage of the Alpha Test this morning. Can't wait to help them make the game better.

Congrats! They just launched the second test server so your probably going to be placed there. Unfortunately I'm on the original server, Shadowlord so we won't be able to play together till they do the first character wipe. You should be able to get on tomorrows test (Sat) just make sure to patch up early, there's not alot of people seeding before the test.
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: June 05, 2010, 04:17:40 AM »

Looks like the stream of alpha invites continue. Word on the street is that people are still getting invites as recently as a few hours ago, with access granted to the tester site on June 2nd (first wave) and June 7th (second wave).  So it looks like there's been 2 waves recently. One to bolster up the drop in logins from the first batch of testers, and the other to fill the new server, which means there's going to be a TON of invites going out, so keep an eye on your inbox as well as your spam filter (several people found their invites got caught cause it's an automated response email.) Hope we have more folks from our community chosen.
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: June 15, 2010, 06:02:20 PM »

Square unfucked the combat system.  It now looks solid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eONoACmL5AM

Basically, the ATB gauge fills only when you are idle.  Each action takes a portion of your ATB gauge, and you can execute commands at any time so long as you have enough in your ATB gauge.  In essence, you can unleash a torrent of attacks all at once if you wanted and attack non-stop until your gauge is empty.  You control the pace of your attacks.

I like what I see, a lot.  This is a tremendous departure from FFXI's snorefest.  I am ecstatic.
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: June 15, 2010, 06:24:39 PM »

She's standing there...

Giant Crab..

Slowly lunging and attacking it...

I don't know man.
Chronix112
Yasunori Mitsuda / Genso Suikoden fanboi

The Pessimistic One

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: June 15, 2010, 06:26:27 PM »

Square unfucked the combat system.  It now looks solid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eONoACmL5AM

Basically, the ATB gauge fills only when you are idle.  Each action takes a portion of your ATB gauge, and you can execute commands at any time so long as you have enough in your ATB gauge.  In essence, you can unleash a torrent of attacks all at once if you wanted and attack non-stop until your gauge is empty.  You control the pace of your attacks.

I like what I see, a lot.  This is a tremendous departure from FFXI's snorefest.  I am ecstatic.

wow, I am actually starting to get interested in this game again. Hopefully they continue with the improvements.
Uru

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: June 15, 2010, 06:45:52 PM »

She's standing there...

Giant Crab..

Slowly lunging and attacking it...

I don't know man.

It doesnt seem like you are in charge of the speed. He waited to fill his entire bar, then to prudently not waste it, he waited like 2 secs before he used the next chunk... sounds like nothings changed...
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: June 15, 2010, 06:57:08 PM »

What the fuck are you talking about?  You start with a full ATB gauge.  The bar right above the enemy's health is the ATB gauge.  Each time he clicked attack, a small chunk was taken away and it'd slowly refill while he'd keep pressing attack.  You are completely in control of the combat speed.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 54 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: