Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 22, 2014, 08:14:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
337990 Posts in 13836 Topics by 2212 Members
Latest Member: WhiteWishes
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  FFXIV Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 54 Print
Author Topic: FFXIV Thread  (Read 115685 times)
Uru

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: June 15, 2010, 07:18:49 PM »

What im saying is that he chooses to wait in between attacks. Like a fake sense of control since a fool would go all out and wait like 10 secs for it to fill back up. Chill your language man, you act like i just beated your sister or something.
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: June 15, 2010, 08:04:13 PM »

yeah man mashing the attack button is the only way to play choosing to not go all out is stupid i mean there is no possible way that there might be enemies who charge up to use devastating special moves and there is no possible way that you may have defensive skills that you suddenly cant use because you are now busy recharging your atb gauge
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: June 15, 2010, 08:44:22 PM »

yeah lets put slowly refilling gauges in MMORPGs lmao. It's like if every class in WoW had energy, ir drained quickly and it refilled really slowly.

Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: June 15, 2010, 08:56:57 PM »

oh no does someone have to wait a second and a half

i have better things to do
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: June 15, 2010, 09:01:44 PM »

It's ok Parn. I think it's nice that Square Enix is creating an outlet for slower paced gamers to play with one another.
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: June 15, 2010, 09:03:24 PM »

What im saying is that he chooses to wait in between attacks. Like a fake sense of control since a fool would go all out and wait like 10 secs for it to fill back up. Chill your language man, you act like i just beated your sister or something.

Are you seriously all butt hurt because he asked what the fuck you were talking about? You need to not be such a pussy.

On topic,

It looks like a big improvement over the mechanic that was previously announced. I am once more getting interested.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Tsi Aileron

113308759 TsiAileron@hotmail.com Tsi+Aileron TsiAileron
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: June 15, 2010, 09:04:18 PM »

Official benchmark. :D

http://download.nvidia.com/downloads/nZone/demos/FFXIVBenchmark.zip

Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: June 15, 2010, 09:07:21 PM »

Got a 4681 in the 1080p high settings on the benchmark for the computer I'm selling here:

http://www.rpgfan.com/boards/index.php?topic=7663.msg137674
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: June 15, 2010, 09:39:39 PM »

1080p is pretty weak for a computer monitor. Turn that baby up
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: June 15, 2010, 09:43:39 PM »

buy my computer
Uru

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: June 15, 2010, 11:35:38 PM »

Are you seriously all butt hurt because he asked what the fuck you were talking about? You need to not be such a pussy.

On topic,

It looks like a big improvement over the mechanic that was previously announced. I am once more getting interested.

lol.

Did you piece the PC together Parn or did you buy the parts from them seperately and they slapped it together? Your machine is a beast, but the monitor...not so much.
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: June 16, 2010, 12:06:13 AM »

buy my computer

I would never buy something that has been tainted by your hands
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: June 16, 2010, 12:27:47 AM »

Parn it sounds like you have a fangirl.

The video you showed about the battle system improvement is fuckwin compared to FFXI currently and the shit showed during the first alpha. Reminds me of Legend of Legaia where you have the action bar that you fill with attacks to perform combos. I'm hoping you can perform attacks in succession to perform specialized moves maybe, or even better like Skillchains in FFXI with party members. Has some very nice possibilities in store if you ask me.

I'd really like to see, however, how Square Enix will announce the delay for international release, since there's no fucking way in existence that it's gonna make a 2010 release, unless they give up finishing it and simply update it with the rest of the content it requires to be a full game (Phantasy Star Universe anyone?).

TASTY!
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: June 16, 2010, 12:48:47 AM »

yeah lets put slowly refilling gauges in MMORPGs lmao. It's like if every class in WoW had energy, ir drained quickly and it refilled really slowly.

Thing refills about as fast as an energy bar, I'd say. Aside from that, making it too fast paced has an equally annoying problem of getting the down into just repeating the same rotations over and over, which is every bit as boring.

There's nothing I can see that says the combat in TOR's combat is any faster, the difference is that TOR has the characters on screen still animating with clashing swords and whatnot while your next turn comes along, giving the illusion of faster paced action. Of course, TOR has full voice acting and supposedly an ambitious story, so it'll probably be way better when it does come out.

As far battle revamps, they made it from "shitty" to "serviceable", yaaaaay! Why do I feel like the alpha testers are doing the gameplay development for the team? What the hell has SE been doing the past 4-5 years working on this game?
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: June 16, 2010, 01:27:22 AM »

Definitely an improvement - though they really need to speed up some of the combat animations. Personally I wish they'd make it a little more movement oriented. While faster, you're still just standing in one spot doing a rotation. Nothing bad about it, but its nothing new - at least TERA is encouraging movement in their game play. I'm worried about how slow the ATB charges for 2H weapons, cause if its twice as long as the one hander, its not much of a time improvement from the current alpha.

All things considered, a much needed improvement - now lets hope they can streamline that ungodly GUI. Do we really need a mandatory tool-tip for every attack - can we please move the charge bars to the right so as to not take up all the prime viewing real estate? You can move most of the UI elements right now, but you can't do a fucking thing about the action bar or any of the ATB gauges. Another thing they need to fix is the inventory - you can't hot key items to your action bar - that's just for combat actions. You have to manually select inventory from the action bar and scroll down your list to find your item and select yourself to use the item. The damn guildleve display takes up a solid 1/8th of your screen for no good reason... Again, they're tying too much of the game's customization options to the console version when the larger market will be playing it on the PC.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 54 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: