Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 02, 2014, 01:15:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
330166 Posts in 13528 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  FFXIV Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 54 Print
Author Topic: FFXIV Thread  (Read 110800 times)
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: July 14, 2010, 03:25:44 AM »

He just hates it because his red ringed. :P

It appears I, too, am in the beta. Can't wait to try this out!

EDIT: So I installed it, and I keep getting an error. Apparently this problem is very, very common among more average/below specs according to the beta tester forums. Gee, nice job with that multi-platform engine, SE. =P

Doubt I'll be playing anytime soon. Ugh.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 04:20:58 AM by Hathen » Logged
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 14, 2010, 08:59:28 AM »

What is the error you guys are getting?
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: July 14, 2010, 01:26:03 PM »

It sounds like Daggerstrike has a different error than mine, because he can at least try updating. My game won't even boot up (People are calling it the BBOD). The program loads a black-box window, then crashes.

There is currently no known way to fix it. The client error thread is now hundreds of pages long without a single peep from SE yet (At least half the testers are running into the same problem I am). This is not setting a good precedent.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 01:29:03 PM by Hathen » Logged
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 14, 2010, 01:56:40 PM »

Lol, its not a couple hundred pages, it's about 100 or so posts with most people naming the error and not trying any of the user suggested solutions. I had the same problem with trying to run it on my laptop. I was able to fix it by updating my video drivers, Direct X, and changing the memory and engine clock speed on the GPU with AMD GPU Tool.  I may be able to troubleshoot it for you. What vidcard are you using, and what OS?

If you are getting the same error trying to run the benchmark as you are the updater, it's an error with the GPU memory and GPU engine clock speeds. A simple overclock or underclock can fix it. If your running an NVIDIA card, I'm not sure what the issue is outside of updating your drivers.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 02:04:17 PM by Tenchi-no-Ryu » Logged
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: July 14, 2010, 02:03:51 PM »

Yeah, I'm using a Radeon X1950 Pro. I'm not super good with computers, but I'm certain I updated my video and DirectX drivers very recently (For the benchmark), which didn't seem to help that time, either. I was running into this same issue with the benchmark.

Several other people have tried updating their drivers and it hasn't seemed to help them either. It seems like certain video cards work and certain ones don't- but it's not even like a handful don't work, it's more like only a handful of them that DO work.
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #155 on: July 14, 2010, 02:06:52 PM »

Hm, your vidcard is below recommended spec but you should be able to run the updater. Ok, if your able to hop on AIM I can try to talk you through it. This is a very easily resolved bug. Can reach me as TenchiNoRyujin.
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 14, 2010, 02:45:22 PM »

Just another reminder for you guys, here is the requirements for the beta - we don't know what the retail specs will be.

System Requirements
OS    Windows® XP SP3 *1
Windows Vista® 32-bit / 64-bit SP2 *2
Windows® 7 32-bit / 64-bit *2
CPU    Intel Core 2 Duo (2.0 GHz)
AMD Athlon X2 (2.0 GHz)
RAM    Windows XP: 1.5 GB
Windows Vista / Windows 7: 2 GB
Hard Disk Space    Installing: 15 GB
Downloading: 12 GB on the drive containing the My Documents folder *3
Graphics    NVIDIA® GeForce® 9600 or higher VRAM 512 MB
Radeon™ HD 2900 or higher VRAM 512 MB
Sound    DirectSound® compatible (DirectX® 9.0)
Internet Connection    Broadband (constant connection)
Monitor Resolution    1280 x 720 or higher; 32-bit
DirectX    DirectX 9.0c
Other    Mouse, Keyboard, Gamepad *4
*1 Windows XP users should install, run, and update the game using administrator settings.
*2 When using a 64-bit OS, the game will run on WoW64 (Windows on Windows 64).
*3 The amount of free space required on the drive containing your My Documents folder has been temporarily changed to reflect an increase in additional data not covered by the beta test installer.
*4 A gamepad is recommended, but not required to play the game.

*Microsoft, Windows, and Microsoft DirectX are registered trademarks (US and international) of the Microsoft Corporation. All other trade and brand names are the trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.

« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 02:47:33 PM by Tenchi-no-Ryu » Logged
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: July 14, 2010, 04:34:54 PM »

Kinda pissed that I didn't get an invite.

Really laughed at this though, so I guess you win some you lose some.

http://www.finalfantasyunion.com/news/square-enix-microsoft-turned-final-fantasy-xiv-down--1018.html

Too bad the article is false.
http://www.examiner.com/x-31345-Video-Game-Examiner~y2010m7d13-No-Final-Fantasy-XIV-for-the-Xbox-360

Idc what the reason is, I hate the 360 and any time it is scorned, I am pleased.

Why? What is the point in hating a specific system?

I am currently having a problem updating the game. I am on a shitty network. Fuck. That's what happens when you try to play on a business trip.
I hate the failbox because MS refused to simply MAKE THE GODDAMN SYSTEM WORK RIGHT. They threw all this money around buying exclusivity rights to so many games (which were timed exclusives) and throwing money at advertising, they had (and still have) shittons of it coming in, AND THEY STILL HAVE A SYSTEM WITH A HORRIBLE FUCKING FLAW THAT THEY NEVER SIMPLY FIXED, WHAT THE HELL MAN!?

...and yes my 360 RROD like 3 months ago.

TASTY!
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: July 14, 2010, 07:45:57 PM »

PlayStation 3 is perfect. Long live Sony. >:(

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: July 14, 2010, 09:57:00 PM »

Now hold the hell on there kind sir. PS3 is also a terrible piece of shit. Why make a system that's so godly, then never actually do anything to prove this godliness? Where the fucking 4d graphics guys? Where's my groundbreaking visuals? Where the hell did my secondary OS go? Sony made a bunch of fucking retarded promises and offers, most of which they've since not provided, some of which they've pulled completely. For fucks sake, how the hell come half the PS3 users around the world do not get backwards compatibility with PS2? Nintendo did it with wii-> gamecube. Xbox 360 plays (most) xbox titles, and has a shitton up for sale on their network. Where's my massive PS2 library of games, Sony (though I am using an original 60 gig model)?

This generation of consoles was pretty (cept the wii, which was....innovative), but fuck was it an abysmal showing overall.But yeah, FFXIV on PS3 and not on the 360, it's not cuz sony got it that I'm happy, it's cuz MS didn't that I'm happy. I really hate MS as a video game company.

TASTY!
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #160 on: July 15, 2010, 12:17:51 AM »

Where the fucking 4d graphics guys? Where's my groundbreaking visuals?

Um... MGS4, Killzone 2, Uncharted 2, FFXIII was pretty boss too.

Where the hell did my secondary OS go?

Removed cause only a handful of people used it and mainly because it was an easy avenue into modding the console.

Sony made a bunch of fucking retarded promises and offers, most of which they've since not provided, some of which they've pulled completely. For fucks sake, how the hell come half the PS3 users around the world do not get backwards compatibility with PS2?

Because the majority of people in the world didn't buy the console for backward's compatibility - most people already have a PS2. And to be honest, the games don't upscale to HD worth a damn anyway. If they didn't axe the actual hardware compatibility, you probably wouldn't have seen a price drop or the remodelled slim. As far as the software emulation some models have - I don't see why its not a feature on all models if it truly is entirely software driven. Either way, more people have PS2's than PS3's - so it's something of a moot point.

Nintendo did it with wii-> gamecube. Xbox 360 plays (most) xbox titles, and has a shitton up for sale on their network. Where's my massive PS2 library of games, Sony (though I am using an original 60 gig model)?

To be fair, almost nobody still owns a GC if they had one to begin with. Also, the SNES and Turbo-16 aren't exactly retailer available anymore. XBLA does have an impressive showing of games, but PSN is catching up. Remember they didn't get into the online service field till well over a year after the 360 launched, and XBL was already a mature service then. There are quite a few PS2 games available on the PSN now, and now that they have PS+, I expect to see quite a few more. You may want to think about the fact that they are selling PS2 digital download titles on PSN, having backwards compatibility is kind of counterproductive to that business model. ^_~

This generation of consoles was pretty (cept the wii, which was....innovative), but fuck was it an abysmal showing overall.

Sorry going to have to disagree with you completely there. This generation not only brought us firmly into HD for gaming, but also made online components a staple of software. Sure it introduced the nickle and dime'ing of DLC but there were more innovations made than you give Sony and MS credit for. Console mechanical failures aside (every hardware generation has them... anyone remember the original PS flip trick?) I think this was a very good generation with alot of lessons learned.

But yeah, FFXIV on PS3 and not on the 360, it's not cuz sony got it that I'm happy, it's cuz MS didn't that I'm happy. I really hate MS as a video game company.

Honestly, at this point, the game would run better on the 360 because of the larger video RAM, I still have no clue how they're going to port it to PS3 without stripping the engine down dramatically. While MS may have missed out because of their XBL restrictions, Sony is going the same way with PS+. Anyway, I don't quite "get" your angst against MS - outside of the RROD debaucle, I think they've had the best showing of content of all three consoles so far, and a much more robust online service. Sony has always been arrogant, and it took them 3 years of shooting themselves in the foot between the PS3 at launch and the joke that was the PSPGo, but they are persistent and they are narrowing the gap.
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #161 on: July 15, 2010, 12:22:38 AM »

Back on topic, anyone who is able to get into beta, we're on Garland server.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: July 17, 2010, 08:35:51 AM »

Where's my groundbreaking visuals?

What games have you been playing? You do realize that sony's first party efforts over the last 18 months are hands down the most impressive console games on the market right? And that upcoming titles like GT5 exceed expectations as to what was thought possible on the hardware?
The machine has its faults and it's only fair to point them out but looking at what sony's developers achieved with U2, KZ2, GOW3 and specially with upcoming titles like GT5 which looks frankly impossible in the latest trailers they are definitely delivering and then some.
Creative titles? How about little big planet and flower. This isn't 2008 anymore.

Anyway, I wish I could afford and find the time to play the best games on all systems like alen wake or super mario galaxy but I guess hating them is also an option.
I find the rrod compalints completely legit, it sucks, but lets get our facts straight and show a bit more maturity ok? I started gaming on a commodore 64 and every day I'm more convinced that nobody is able to appreciate the simple fact that games like the ones I mentioned exist. When I started gaming stuff like this could only be found in my wildest dreams. Now people bitch, bitch and then bitch some more.
You know when I was pissed off at a specific company? When I was a saturn owner. Nobody ever had more reasons to be pissed at a company after investing their hard earned cash into a console. Specially living in europe. Now that was a reason to be pissed off.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 01:15:42 PM by CDFN » Logged

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: July 17, 2010, 01:02:04 PM »

Back on topic, anyone who is able to get into beta, we're on Garland server.

Once I am able to update it I will hop on there. Sadly, it won't be for a week or so. I am on a business trip and Alaska has horrible internet. The hotel I am staying at seems to have something blocked that this game wants to use, so I tried stealing it from an auto dealership near my hotel and it is going to take 70 hours to update. Yay!

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: July 17, 2010, 03:13:43 PM »

I got the client to work on my brother's computer, and it says it'll take like 80 hours to update (Varies).

Awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 54 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: