Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 20, 2014, 10:56:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341054 Posts in 13939 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  FFXIV Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 54 Print
Author Topic: FFXIV Thread  (Read 117363 times)
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #315 on: August 30, 2010, 08:44:24 PM »

Does anyone know what is exactly meant by "open" beta in this case?

You had to have applied at some point, I believe it was.
Raze

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #316 on: August 30, 2010, 09:11:24 PM »

Not having anything to do with Ivalice the judge's are probably just the GM model.

That or they spawn and attack you if you've been playing longer than 45 minutes :P
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #317 on: August 30, 2010, 09:28:12 PM »

Looks like the judges are a part of the Garlean Empire. I'll let you guys know what server we will be playing on once I find out myself.
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #318 on: August 31, 2010, 07:32:20 AM »

Open beta application is up, go go go!

http://entry.ffxiv.com/na/index.html
Roger S. Huxley

rogershuxley9
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #319 on: August 31, 2010, 08:01:42 AM »

Account management system is in maintenance though :/

The minute I post this I check again and now it's fine.

Meanwhile... *logs in* A TECHNICAL ISSUE HAS OCCURED -_-

And now...
FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test Postponed

FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test, which is scheduled to begin at 19:00 (PDT) on Aug. 31, 2010, will be postponed due to a confirmation of critical bugs. New schedule will be released at a later date.

Along with the postponement of FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test, the issuing of registration code for FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test will be postponed as well. With the download of client software's installer, it will be suspended at 19:00 (PDT) on Aug. 31, 2010.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 08:42:30 AM by Roger S. Huxley » Logged
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #320 on: August 31, 2010, 08:40:29 AM »

FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test Postponed

FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test, which is scheduled to begin at 19:00 (PDT) on Aug. 31, 2010, will be postponed due to a confirmation of critical bugs. New schedule will be released at a later date.

Along with the postponement of FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test, the issuing of registration code for FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test will be postponed as well. With the download of client software's installer, it will be suspended at 19:00 (PDT) on Aug. 31, 2010.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #321 on: September 01, 2010, 02:35:24 PM »

Open beta starts tonight! Server info to be forthcoming. Nab your codes at 7pm PST and update your clients if you haven't already. We will be on vent all night from 7pm PST. Hope to see some of you online.
Kiem

kiemofsophos@hotmail.com Kiemofsophos
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #322 on: September 01, 2010, 02:57:25 PM »

I should be on around that time...but I'll give the servers a couple of hours to calm down :)

See you guys on vent tonight...hopefully. Spam vent info into my inbox please, Stephen!
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #323 on: September 01, 2010, 03:54:15 PM »

spammed...

Host Name: cesium.typefrag.com
Port Number: 27152
Password: eorzea

Also, if you're going to be using vent please try to do some vent normalization.
Vent normalization makes every bodies voice the exact same volume. In essence, you won't blow your ear's out or have difficulty hearing people.

- Go to Setup
- Enable Direct Sound
- Select the SFX Button
- Select Compressor and click Add.
- Under Compressor Properties use the following settings
- Gain = Adjust for how loud you want people to be. (I use 15)
- Attack = 0.01
- Release = Around 500
- Threshold = Around -30
- Ratio = 100
- Pre delay = 4.0

Thanks!
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #324 on: September 01, 2010, 05:39:45 PM »

Got my own 25 slot voice server, so you won't see me on there I'm afraid, especially since I do voicechat over my Mac and your server's not set up for Speex.  I couldn't talk on your server the one day I tried.

On the other hand, if some of you feel like jumping on mine, here are the details:

Server: synbios.murmur.nfoservers.com
Port: 4820
Password: wat

You need to download Mumble if you want to jump on there though.  Vent won't work, which is OK since it sucks in comparison (just switched last night).  Mumble does normalization by default.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #325 on: September 01, 2010, 06:54:23 PM »

Parn's right about mumble, it's way better operated than ventrilo or teamspeak. For audiophiles, you can tweak the senisitivity of your mic to very precise measurements and actually see them, rather than just assume. The quality for bluetooth users is vastly better as well (so far, I've only experienced one bluettoth headset user as of now). Strongly urge anyone here to test mumble out for themselves, get a little taste of it. You'll like it better, I assure you.

As for FFXIV, I'll be waiting for the retail release before I make any decisions on whether to buy an extravagant new PC or frankenstein my old one to run it. As of now, it still seems to lukewarm to be worth playing. If I'm gonna pay for this game monthly, I wanna know that my horrendously poor lifestyle of gaming daily will be rewarded, rather than penalized, as I prefer only melee classes for most RPGs and leveling magic isn't in my interest right now, nor is crafting. But like I said, I'll wait and see how it all pans out.

TASTY!
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #326 on: September 01, 2010, 08:23:03 PM »

Ill check out Mumble, and I swapped the server over to Speex- feel free to test it - will test out the sound quality tonight. We used it on WoW since some people were playing on the Mac.
Roger S. Huxley

rogershuxley9
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #327 on: September 01, 2010, 08:51:44 PM »

I can't even log in the account management system to get my key. I type in my username and password, the page reloads, I don't get any incorrect password/username message and my password is still in the box. What the fuck? If I type random crap I do get an usual error message so I really assume it's the right password.

God dammit, squeenix.
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #328 on: September 01, 2010, 09:35:18 PM »

You can't get a key till 1900 PST, i'm sure they're getting firebombed.
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #329 on: September 01, 2010, 10:21:24 PM »

OMG the Square Enix Account management/login servers are getting ANNIHALATEDZ!
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 54 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: