Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 31, 2014, 03:58:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
335243 Posts in 13726 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  FFXIV Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 54 Print
Author Topic: FFXIV Thread  (Read 114543 times)
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #345 on: September 02, 2010, 07:01:20 PM »

I don't really have ties to any community other than this one, so think I'll stay on Mysidia. No sense picking a server with an already established community when we need to build our own. I'm damn sure not staying in Gridania though. I can appreciate LL alot more now.
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #346 on: September 02, 2010, 08:33:45 PM »

Very well then.  For those of you who choose to play on Trabia, my character name is Meicyn Vertus.  I'm in Ul'dah.
Roger S. Huxley

rogershuxley9
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #347 on: September 02, 2010, 11:54:41 PM »

I'm starting the game for the first time now, although I most likely won't play it a lot tonight. It's so freaking hot my laptop has trouble evacuating heat too, so yeah.

Mysidia doesn't even appear on my world's list though, so uh. Going to Trabia then I guess, name's Cymvor Windsailor.
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #348 on: September 03, 2010, 12:12:57 AM »

They stole our crystal :p

The servers are in flux. Mysidia was down for an hour or two this evening but is back up. They won't show on the list when they are down.
Roger S. Huxley

rogershuxley9
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #349 on: September 03, 2010, 12:45:12 AM »

Bad timing then, I guess. :/
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #350 on: September 03, 2010, 02:29:04 AM »

Being stuck at work for the next few days sucks, but I hope they can iron out the server issues by Sunday. It's too bad we can't do a poll on these forums to see where folks would like to go.

Those of you in open beta currently, what are your thoughts on Gridy and Uldah?

Right now we've got me (Arliman), Shiguma (Aeliana) and Tsi (Ellenroh) (sp?) on Mysidia. Chursen (Citan), Dio (Diobility), Kiem (Ashbane) and Miyuki are trying to get their codes. Feight is trying to group up with us also. Naea is still on the fence though. Belledeath and Anarchy are busy with some RL stuff but will probably join us for retail. Would be nice to see the return of some more of the original gang (glares at Raze), but I think we will have a decent showing.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 02:36:27 AM by Tenchi-no-Ryu » Logged
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #351 on: September 03, 2010, 09:55:46 AM »

FYI, I'm playing through Steam, so if any of you have it, it'd make communication possible for those that aren't able to do voice chat.

My Steam ID is Meicyn.

Also FYI, Mysidia is either down again, or it's not available to select anymore.  Same goes for Figero.  Either way, it's probably not a good idea to stay on there.  Quit being silly and come to Trabia.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 10:02:18 AM by Parn » Logged
Kiem

kiemofsophos@hotmail.com Kiemofsophos
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #352 on: September 03, 2010, 02:01:27 PM »

What's the population like in Trabia?

I'm not in the mood to go into a low pop server.

Raze

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #353 on: September 03, 2010, 03:34:40 PM »

Would be nice to see the return of some more of the original gang (glares at Raze)

Not happening on this computer, so Raze McGillikitty's(Or some other bad cat based pun I'll be sure to regret) debut will have to wait.

Still though, think I'd avoid the beta either way. Let everyone else hammer out the kinks with pure rage first.
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #354 on: September 03, 2010, 04:59:22 PM »

Trabia is the lowest high population server.  There's only two medium and two low population servers at this point, and all four are recent additions as of today as they added five new servers for a total of fifteen.

Mysidia is now the highest population server in the game, overtaking Figaro (which was surprising considering that's FF6).  If trends keep going, Square will definitely need to add more servers.
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #355 on: September 03, 2010, 06:25:05 PM »

As much as I love FF6, I think internationally FFIV was more popular. I heard that Mysidia was one of the major Japanese servers too after the fact. We may move once more people can actually get into beta. Having the server's character creation restricted is kinda counter-intuitive to building a linkshell. If it gets too bad i'll ask the group where they'd like to move to - it's still early in the beta cycle. However, there's a plus to being on the highest population server - zomg economy! With guildleves its not that bad to be honest. Once people get the ZOMG new cities out of their system, the populations will cool and the players will drop into more region specific times. But again, if they cut off new character creation, it's a moot point.

I'll look at the server pops tomorrow morning and if they've really locked out Mysidia i'll ask everyone to make alternates on Trabia so we can keep the door open. Thank goodness we have avatar customization saves.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 06:30:23 PM by Tenchi-no-Ryu » Logged
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #356 on: September 03, 2010, 06:33:38 PM »

Fuck it, more people are getting keys today, already had 4 texts in the last couple hours. I'm telling them all to make characters on Trabia if Mysidia is locked out. Will be on in the am to make mine too. Will be keeping with Gridania for open beta since that's where most people seem to want to play, and I admit it's growing on me. If only they can fix the mob placement. I don't like having no way to circumvent mobs who can one shot me who block my guildleve targets.
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #357 on: September 03, 2010, 07:42:50 PM »

Made it to Mor Dhona, it's crazy.  I took a lot of screens and some video footage.  The haunting music just adds so much to the atmosphere.

Also was able to make it to Limsa Lominsa from Uldah, was an easy trip.  Gridania may prove to be a bit trickier to navigate to.  Looking into it.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 07:44:22 PM by Parn » Logged
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #358 on: September 03, 2010, 10:15:40 PM »

My character is pimp.  So are the game's locales.

Roger S. Huxley

rogershuxley9
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #359 on: September 03, 2010, 10:56:01 PM »

god damn, pretty cool. I'm gonna play for a while tonight, but I'm still at the early beginning. I feel pretty fucking lonely as a Roegadyn, we're so scarce.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 54 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: