Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2014, 01:59:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319629 Posts in 13044 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  FFXIV Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 54 Print
Author Topic: FFXIV Thread  (Read 104981 times)
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #360 on: September 03, 2010, 11:07:38 PM »

Mysidia isn't locked so for open beta we are still making that our main server with Trabia as backup. If the situation worsens we will do a full scale migration. All Trabia alts will be Uldah.

Parn, there is a boat that goes from LL to Uldah and you can reach Gridania from Uldah easily by taking the main road due east to the black shroud.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 11:09:23 PM by Tenchi-no-Ryu » Logged
Roger S. Huxley

rogershuxley9
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #361 on: September 03, 2010, 11:32:39 PM »

Well this was weird, I died for no apparent reason after finishing an enemy and the battle log just told me "You defeated you."

The hell?
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #362 on: September 03, 2010, 11:36:00 PM »

Mysidia isn't locked so for open beta we are still making that our main server with Trabia as backup. If the situation worsens we will do a full scale migration. All Trabia alts will be Uldah.

Parn, there is a boat that goes from LL to Uldah and you can reach Gridania from Uldah easily by taking the main road due east to the black shroud.

Already done.  I've got teleport capability to at least one camp in every zone in the open beta at the moment.  Also, why not just migrate now before yet more people settle in?  I don't understand why Mysidia suddenly has become the de facto RPGFan location, especially when issues have already cropped up.

Anyways, video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0L3vrEVPneg
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #363 on: September 04, 2010, 02:01:25 AM »

Ok first of all, Mysidia isn't defacto anything for RPGFan. The initial choice was made in an attempt to avoid a potentially overpopulated server based on choices made by larger communities like Core and Pedia. While that choice turned out to be erroneous due to the bulk of Japanese players and former beta testers slamming Mysidia to pieces; after what we had to go through the first two days of OB, the idea of rerolling anywhere was not popular. You made your server choice based on your friends from Eorzeapedia, not us, so I don't appreciate being criticized for the choice that was made (even though it wasn't effectual). As it stands it's like herding cats on top of the technical issues people have been having to get online.

I've had folks already tell friends they are playing on Mysidia/Gridania from day 1, and for simplicities sake, until server populations stabilize, and they will, migration based on current population trends isn't going to be effective. Since we would like to play with you, I've asked folks who have toons in linkshell on Mysidia/Gridania to roll Uldah on Trabia so they can experience that area/storyline with people we know who are already there.

As it stands, those who have so far have enjoyed Uldah as much or more than Gridania, so chances are we will end up in Trabia anyway.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 02:07:16 AM by Tenchi-no-Ryu » Logged
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #364 on: September 04, 2010, 09:00:39 AM »

Ok rolled on Trabia, Arliman Dunkirk in Uldah.
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #365 on: September 04, 2010, 10:23:29 AM »

Dude, I can't help but be critical because you were talking about coordinating a location days ago in the thread.  You were really pushing for it which was cool, and I was all excited about it thinking to myself, "fuck yeah, alright!"  You asked me where I was going.  I told you from the very beginning days before the open beta started what I planned to do, and you told me to keep you posted.  So I kept you posted.  I influenced the vote at Eorzeapedia and landed the Trabia server in a two hour time frame after the beta started and posted that here.  I felt like I went out of my way to get us a good spot.  We ended up splintering anyway.  *shrug*

Eh.  Game isn't in retail and we're already arguing, haha.  Anyway, I have some schoolwork to wrap up today, so I will be playing on and off.
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #366 on: September 04, 2010, 10:34:00 AM »

Also, this:

Kiem

kiemofsophos@hotmail.com Kiemofsophos
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #367 on: September 04, 2010, 10:41:52 AM »

My problem with Tribia is that it is low pop.

I do not want to play an MMO in a low pop server. It's painful. I've done it before. I don't want to do it again.

I rather be on a high pop server, have some issues in the initial week of launch and have it gradually even out, then go to a low pop server and not have an economy or people to play with.

As it stands, even if RPGFan migrates, I'll take my chances on a server where I know progression and groups are more readily available.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #368 on: September 04, 2010, 11:47:49 AM »

Why are you fighting and whining about low pop/high pop servers DURING A BETA? The idea is play around, feel for the game, get an idea of what's up and down, not OMG I HAVE TO BE THE VERY BEST BEFORE I TAKE ON THE ELITE FOUR or some lame notion like that. So what the population is not in the millions, it won't matter in 2 weeks anyway.

As for the preferred server, I suggest picking what you want, or better yet where your friends are heading. Play a game for fun, not for the idea of becoming Square Enix's number one FFXIV player.

TASTY!
Tsi Aileron

113308759 TsiAileron@hotmail.com Tsi+Aileron TsiAileron
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #369 on: September 04, 2010, 02:01:57 PM »

Me, my bro, and some friends rolled onTrabia last night because Mysidia was nowhere to be found on the list when making our characters. My name on there is Elenore Elessedil.

Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #370 on: September 04, 2010, 03:10:06 PM »

For what it's worth, Mysidia is the unofficial "JP server" where all the JP beta testers flocked to.  This would explain why it surged in population so quickly.

Also, I play the beta through Steam, so my Steam ID is Meicyn.  If you have Steam on your computer, I recommend using it.  It's a good way to see who's playing and who isn't.  Right now I'm working on a stupid essay.  Booooooooooo.
Cesta

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #371 on: September 04, 2010, 04:17:10 PM »

Hi everyone. I've been playing the beta on and off for awhile now, and just came here to say that I will roll on Trabia/Uldah later tonight when time permits.  My name will be Cesta Truel. Say hi if you see me wandering around :)
Kiem

kiemofsophos@hotmail.com Kiemofsophos
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #372 on: September 04, 2010, 06:37:41 PM »

Why are you fighting and whining about low pop/high pop servers DURING A BETA? The idea is play around, feel for the game, get an idea of what's up and down, not OMG I HAVE TO BE THE VERY BEST BEFORE I TAKE ON THE ELITE FOUR or some lame notion like that. So what the population is not in the millions, it won't matter in 2 weeks anyway.

As for the preferred server, I suggest picking what you want, or better yet where your friends are heading. Play a game for fun, not for the idea of becoming Square Enix's number one FFXIV player.

Because we want to reserve our names on the server we end up rolling in.

Don't get me wrong, I know what makes an MMO fun. Regardless of where your friends are, if the server can't support your needs, you won't have fun. And low/high population does play a key roll in the enjoyment of an MMO. Economy, group formations, class distribution all play key rolls on what you can do and how well you do it and all that is directly affected by the size of the server. So, excuse me if I'd like to increase my chances of enjoying an MMO with guys I've known for years.
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #373 on: September 04, 2010, 09:42:00 PM »

My problem with Tribia is that it is low pop.

I do not want to play an MMO in a low pop server. It's painful. I've done it before. I don't want to do it again.

I rather be on a high pop server, have some issues in the initial week of launch and have it gradually even out, then go to a low pop server and not have an economy or people to play with.

As it stands, even if RPGFan migrates, I'll take my chances on a server where I know progression and groups are more readily available.

Trabia isn't low pop. It's the lowest population of the FULL servers.
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #374 on: September 04, 2010, 09:50:08 PM »

Dude, I can't help but be critical because you were talking about coordinating a location days ago in the thread.  You were really pushing for it which was cool, and I was all excited about it thinking to myself, "fuck yeah, alright!"  You asked me where I was going.  I told you from the very beginning days before the open beta started what I planned to do, and you told me to keep you posted.  So I kept you posted.  I influenced the vote at Eorzeapedia and landed the Trabia server in a two hour time frame after the beta started and posted that here.  I felt like I went out of my way to get us a good spot.  We ended up splintering anyway.  *shrug*

Eh.  Game isn't in retail and we're already arguing, haha.  Anyway, I have some schoolwork to wrap up today, so I will be playing on and off.

Sorry, I'm not trying to argue it, your statement just rubbed me the wrong way. I didn't know what you were trying to do, it just seemed like you left it in other peoples hands. Regardless, Mysidia is a total clusterfuck right now. I'm trying to get as many people on Trabia right now as possible, but I've asked everyone to try to hop on vent tomorrow (Codex is swapped to Speex so your welcome to come) to try to find out where people would like to start and if they have reservations about staying on Trabia.

Either way, I'm not trying to start or contribute to drama, there's just been a lack of communication which I'm hoping to resolve.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 54 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: