Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2014, 06:41:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319164 Posts in 13033 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  FFXIV Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 54 Print
Author Topic: FFXIV Thread  (Read 104717 times)
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #390 on: September 05, 2010, 03:35:52 PM »

Ok LS URL is up, http://reunionxiv.enjin.com/ It's VERY early, so please don't firebomb it till it's completely finished. Please hop on vent too before you get-ingame.

Also, if you guys are stuck at the updater, you can get both files here.

Launcher Patch (Red Window) - http://www.mediafire.com/?cixiefam2f79h19
Game Patch (Blue Window) - http://www.mediafire.com/?agsfh4ajz2xgs5n

Mirrors are here...

Mirror:

Launcher (bca2a8ae/patch folder):
http://www.filefront.com/17265481/D2010.09.05.2000.patch/

Game: (d96437e6/patch folder):
http://www.filefront.com/17265494/D2010.09.05.2000.patch/
Kiem

kiemofsophos@hotmail.com Kiemofsophos
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #391 on: September 05, 2010, 03:43:09 PM »

I'm working until late tonight to final our game. Not sure when I'll be able to log on.

I might be playing tomorrow.
Roger S. Huxley

rogershuxley9
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #392 on: September 05, 2010, 04:27:44 PM »

Steam name is RogerHuxley, I already added Parn yesterday, I'll add the others.

For patching issues  this website has everything too ; http://tehkrizz.net/downloads.asp

That's what I've been using, since for almost every patch I got stuck with timeouts.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2010, 04:32:55 PM by Roger S. Huxley » Logged
Kiem

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #393 on: September 05, 2010, 06:39:39 PM »

Seems my game has submitted to first party so I'll be home earlier than expected...

See you guys online soon...ish. :P
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #394 on: September 06, 2010, 07:09:31 AM »

ok I got the retail server poll and the ventrilo information as well as the application up for REUNION. Members of the RPGFan community and former Solaris lsmates will be auto upgraded to full member status, but its helpful to have the data, so if you have time just fill it out.

http://reunionxiv.enjin.com/
Adapheon
The original hobo with a shotgun

summersdemise@yahoo.com Kal+Imith
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #395 on: September 08, 2010, 11:49:29 AM »

I might give it an honest shot soon, no hardware mouse support though basically kills it for me, my framerate is decent and every now and then it slows down and then I can't use my mouse, the stupid support is written into the game files too and it's just not enabled and there's no ui option to turn it on. I know it's a beta but there's incredibly basic things that should be looked at before even going to beta and a software mouse pointer is one of them. I guess there's a fan patch that enables the hardware mouse so I might give that a try.

Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #396 on: September 08, 2010, 06:16:23 PM »

It seems they've got a lot under lock-and-key, for better or for worse.  Hardware mouse is just one of many things.  As an example, I haven't seen a single beastman-race in my travels.  In FFXI, you had those shortly outside of the city gates.  There's an awful lot of squirrel killing.  I'm not sure why they'd have an open beta and basically give the impression that the game will launch with a lack of content, but perhaps they're approaching this as genuine beta testing and not as free advertising.

September 22nd will reveal all.
Kiem

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #397 on: September 08, 2010, 07:06:56 PM »

Who else is starting on the 22nd?

I may be a day or so late due to FutureShop and them not promising me a copy even though I have it pre-ordered...
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #398 on: September 08, 2010, 08:35:11 PM »

Who else is starting on the 22nd?

I may be a day or so late due to FutureShop and them not promising me a copy even though I have it pre-ordered...

If they run anything like their American version, just show up as early as possible and you'll get a copy.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
XBL ID: Akanbe
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Twitter@AkanbeRPG
TurnBasedDude
Ys Man
Rainbow Club Member

hotshot562@hotmail.com Alcazard0 emmy_sols
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #399 on: September 08, 2010, 08:36:54 PM »

I'll predict everyone is going to rush in to try to get on first, making it a pain to get online, so I'll probably play the waiting game and start playing on the 23rd or 24th, but we'll see how that goes. I just hope the patching system gets tremendously improved... for all our sakes. :p

Xbox Gamertag: Gig01
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Zapper101
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #400 on: September 08, 2010, 09:46:25 PM »

if anything, i'd look to places like Fileplanet etc. to have patches as needed. I'm sure it'll be no worse than first day of open beta.
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #401 on: September 09, 2010, 12:56:56 AM »

Couple Screenshots of Mor Dhona and Ishgard,

ShiningHero

Lawlerabs

lightbreakerec@hotmail.com Blazeddc
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #402 on: September 09, 2010, 02:00:04 AM »

Somebody's gear needs to be fixed. ;o

Kiem

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #403 on: September 09, 2010, 01:27:53 PM »

I honestly don't think all the gear is in the game atm lol I feels like you can go to level 15 without getting any major improvements in the open beta atm.

But then, its been said before, they didn't treat this as a word of mouth piece to get more people, they used this to stress their servers and basic technologies...pity cause I really can't praise it to my friends who are still on the fence.

Oh well, tis the Squeenix way.
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #404 on: September 09, 2010, 02:53:36 PM »

The game is definitely not for the WoW generation. They certainly remember their roots from XI, which is both a good and bad thing. I can at least say the experience is completley different from what's out there now. I'm sure we haven't seen everything - not alot of the zones have been populated with much of anything. I wouldn't be surprised if we got a huge content patch at launch or sometime before the end of the year. Even though there's only 5 zones (beyond massive mind you) there's not alot to do but grind on rats (who are in alarming abundance), craft with incomplete recipies and do the same collections of guildleves. Of course if the game launches with naught but that, they're going to have alot of bleed off after that free month. Pretty scenery do not an great MMO make. They have the setting down pat, they just need to populate it with inspiring content. The storyline content for all 3 nations is actually pretty interesting. I hope that once we finish one storyline we'll be able to swap nations like we did in XI, cause they all hint at different aspects of epic.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 54 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: