Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 19, 2014, 03:49:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331654 Posts in 13579 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  FFXIV Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 54 Print
Author Topic: FFXIV Thread  (Read 111800 times)
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #510 on: October 09, 2010, 12:47:24 PM »

If you get a buddy pass its 30 days long, and you dont have to pay the entry fee to the game either. It's really a great deal. The only issue is that Square-Enix doesn't prove a download for the client, so you need the physical disc or to simply download the game iso off a torrent site.

FFXIV's fate will be an interesting one to watch unfold, and will be a history lesson for other MMO developers in the future.

Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #511 on: October 09, 2010, 01:25:54 PM »

I think the expectation of a high level of polish in a game that was obviously rushed out is unrealistic.

I'm not expecting high levels of polish, but I do expect basic functionality in place.  The game currently has less functionality in its UI than FFXI, and that's just fucking sad.  I can't use my D-pad to do a page down effect when scrolling through my inventory like in FFXI.  I can't easily select between party members with macros.  I can't sort my inventory.  I can't see party members on my map.  I can't mark locations on my map.  This is just scratching the surface.

I paid near $80 for what ended up being the worst collector's edition product I've ever purchased.  Talk about adding insult to injury.  I think there was maybe two pieces of "exclusive art" in that utterly useless journal they gave us... what they provided was what they advertised technically, but it was a bitch move.  Since they've politely asked reviewers to withhold reviews for a month, maybe they can politely extend the trial period by a month while they bring the game to the state it should have been at launch.  For crying out loud, the latest patch fixed party experience point distribution, something that was broken all through beta.  If they're going to ask for goodwill on the part of the players, maybe they should impart goodwill considering they're the ones who want their customers to stick around.

I'm still having fun with the game and all, and I know they can do great things with the framework they have in place, but I'm not going to defend the game for its potential.  Lots of games have potential.  It is up to reviewers to give honest feedback about the current state of things, and in that regard, FFXIV is very lacking.
Dios GX
Banninated

dios@hidoshi.com GSaviourPrime
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #512 on: October 09, 2010, 01:40:41 PM »

IMMEDIATELY

The only issue is that Square-Enix doesn't prove a download for the client, so you need the physical disc or to simply download the game iso off a torrent site.
While I am aware you are an illiterate, there is this thing called Google that usually takes care of that sort of thing. Also, are you seriously bitching that you have to go buy a physical copy of a game? Wow. Speaking of Wow...

Japanese Gamers
ONGTHE AJAPENSE DONT LIEK IT CLEARLY THE GAME IS NO GGOOD

BTW, I'm glad to see so many of you have agreed that this is in fact my game. After all, I did not make you type those words. I even got a color rainbow colored one to go with my Rainbow bar that I made ages ago. Fun story: Did you know ex-staffer Flick cryassed like a bitch and got it removed, thus indirectly making the majority of this forums original posters fuck off and stop coming here?

I wish I stayed over the years, and maybe brain dead scags like you would have stayed in the woodwork where you belong. Alas, the idiots have taken over, and genius-level badasses like me are looked down upon.

Oh well, at least my dick is fucking huge.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpmy7Ze18NY

Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #513 on: October 09, 2010, 01:42:29 PM »

While I am aware you are an illiterate, there is this thing called Google that usually takes care of that sort of thing. Also, are you seriously bitching that you have to go buy a physical copy of a game? Wow. Speaking of Wow...

Wait what? I said that a digital download isn't available unless you find a torrent. Isn't that what google would lead you to? And why should we have to buy a physical copy of the game for a buddy pass? That makes the buddy pass irrelevant.

ONGTHE AJAPENSE DONT LIEK IT CLEARLY THE GAME IS NO GGOOD

4.2 on Gametrailers.
4.0 on Gamespot

I hope you like playing your game.. alone, because you will be soon.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2010, 01:46:12 PM by Thoren » Logged
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #514 on: October 09, 2010, 02:02:00 PM »

Just finished watching the Gametrailers review.  Good review with regard to the state of things.
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #515 on: October 09, 2010, 02:11:35 PM »

See, this is why I still love single player.
Anything MMO related comes with so much drama... gawd.

EDIT:
LOL, see the post below is exactly what I  mean

|
|
V
« Last Edit: October 09, 2010, 05:16:46 PM by Annubis » Logged
paerarru
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #516 on: October 09, 2010, 02:38:01 PM »

I'm really sorry, but I have to say something.

Well, as a gamer I want any game to be good and succeed. [...] Some FF14 fans have the mentality of "Don't like it, don't play it" but they aren't realizing the seriousness of the situation FFXIV is in right now. Diehards don't have the numbers to support massive budget MMO projects.

This is one of the stupidest things I have read lately... and that's saying something, trust me.

I am not an immature fanboy like you are. Yes, fanboy. You are a fanboy.

I don't give a flying fuck if SE bankrupts. I don't care if they never release a single game ever again. I don't fucking care.

I don't work for SE. I don't own stock in SE. Let me reiterate. I don't give an ass's fart if Square AND Enix crash and burn.

I want to play a game that I like. I don't know what the fuck you want to do, what your stupid agenda is, but that's what I want to do, if you'll excuse me. That game is Final Fantasy XIV.

SE had the balls to make a game that is not popular. The fucking balls, those guys. Respect.

You don't have the balls. You I don't respect.

"The seriousness of the situation."

Fuck you and fuck off.
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #517 on: October 09, 2010, 02:48:42 PM »

I'm really sorry, but I have to say something.

Well, as a gamer I want any game to be good and succeed. [...] Some FF14 fans have the mentality of "Don't like it, don't play it" but they aren't realizing the seriousness of the situation FFXIV is in right now. Diehards don't have the numbers to support massive budget MMO projects.

This is one of the stupidest things I have read lately... and that's saying something, trust me.

I am not an immature fanboy like you are. Yes, fanboy. You are a fanboy.

I don't give a flying fuck if SE bankrupts. I don't care if they never release a single game ever again. I don't fucking care.

I don't work for SE. I don't own stock in SE. Let me reiterate. I don't give an ass's fart if Square AND Enix crash and burn.

I want to play a game that I like. I don't know what the fuck you want to do, what your stupid agenda is, but that's what I want to do, if you'll excuse me. That game is Final Fantasy XIV.

SE had the balls to make a game that is not popular. The fucking balls, those guys. Respect.

You don't have the balls. You I don't respect.

"The seriousness of the situation."

Fuck you and fuck off.

Post of the year right here. Square-Enix has balls. Big, meaty balls.

So I'm a fanboy for dislike the game but wanting it to succed.. yet you're the non-fanboy who doesn't care if the company goes banrkupt, even though they're still developing the game you're playing?

lmao

Eusis, please, please don't close this thread. I know Dios and this guy are flipping out like redheaded stepchildren but most of us are alright in here.
Raze

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #518 on: October 09, 2010, 03:42:38 PM »

Probably legit. But to be fair the japanese did bomb dragon quest 9 with 1's on amazon just because the fairy is a ganguro.

Then again, they ARE pretty terrifying.
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #519 on: October 09, 2010, 09:27:54 PM »

Man, I was hoping XIV could be playable but it seems it's much worse than XI.
And from what I see, this has done much more harm than good. Out of the basket a game no one will play and maybe even buy but considering there were still people playing XI which probably left to play XIV only to be disappointed and end up quitting both.

In spite wanting it to be good, seeing it as it is now makes me quite happy on the other side as SE will probably forget this MMO idea soon and give us a FF game worth of our time and money.

Say, as for not wasting those XIV graphics they could make a XIV spin off with this same world but put a story in it, some characters and we're good to go.
At least we can't complain anymore about it being linear :)
Hell, make a clone of XII in the world of XIV, I'm sure they could make it really fast.

Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #520 on: October 09, 2010, 10:25:41 PM »

LMFAO, this thread is too entertaining to close. You guys know when your being trolled right? Dios is a past master. At the least it's made this thread more lively :) Yes he's an asshole but he's our asshole and we love him. It's a shame you ALL aren't in our LS, it would be an awesome ride, akin to riding bitch between Winger and Whitesnake on a heroin fueled ride to Vegas. Seriously though, I think everyone has valid points. I think Parn pretty much nailed it on the head - the glaring problems with the game should have been fixed before the game went gold and if they aren't fixed before the free month is up, they're going to loose lots of people. You never get a second chance to make a first impression.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #521 on: October 09, 2010, 11:46:31 PM »

Snip.
Tony, quit being an entitled jackass. Your juvenile humor is no longer funny.

Snip.
Within the first four posts here you have flamed somebody for not liking a game you do. I suggest you keep that attitude in check if you want to continue posting here.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2010, 11:49:32 PM by Leyviur » Logged

Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #522 on: October 09, 2010, 11:56:50 PM »

Japanese gamers hold a funeral for FFXIV

http://www.ffxivcore.com/topic/24762-the-funeral-of-ffxiv/
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #523 on: October 10, 2010, 12:50:06 AM »

How many years was XIV in development?
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #524 on: October 10, 2010, 01:37:22 AM »

Project Rapture was announced in 2005.

For the record XI was inspired by the creators being impressed by western MMOs-Namely Everquest, which was released in 1999 or something. XI came out in 2002.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 54 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: