Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 17, 2014, 04:36:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
340816 Posts in 13926 Topics by 2221 Members
Latest Member: alceste007
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  FFXIV Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 54 Print
Author Topic: FFXIV Thread  (Read 117070 times)
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #615 on: November 04, 2010, 03:24:11 AM »

any updates that have changed any gripes?

They're pretty much sticking to the same guns they did in FFXI where they only release major updates every x amount of time. In many cases they don't even bother fixing spelling mistakes and whatnot in what should be a really minor 5-second patch- it's the same thing they did with XI.

It's not even that they arn't capable of fixing such things because they usually fix abusable glitches and exploits relatively quickly, but they rarely touch anything else in between major patches.
Raze

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #616 on: November 04, 2010, 05:59:02 AM »

Dude, until SE does something to improve FFXIV's HORRENDOUS status, it's nothing BUT troll bait.

People had high hopes for the game, but I think everyone's moved on now though. If you talk trash people will just agree.
Uru

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #617 on: November 04, 2010, 01:50:46 PM »

Those of you still playing, could you keep us informed if anything changes? I wouldnt mind giving the game a try, I just dont want my first experience to be met with extreme sadness.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #618 on: November 05, 2010, 10:21:16 PM »

Square Enix: "FF14 is a Disaster, We've Lost Player Trust".

And I'm like...

O rly?

Management edit: No Sankaku Complex links. Citing THEMSELVES and giant breasts plastered all over the page means linking is a no no.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 04:01:41 AM by Leyviur » Logged
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #619 on: November 06, 2010, 02:06:16 AM »

I love how that article puts its title in quotes when the developers say nothing close to that dramatic.

Awful Sankaku Complex reporting "integrity" on full display there. Why the fuck do people still read them, seriously.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #620 on: November 06, 2010, 02:08:26 AM »

Awful Sankaku Complex reporting "integrity" on full display there. Why the fuck do people still read them, seriously.

They want anime breasts to look at with their headlines.
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #621 on: November 06, 2010, 03:55:00 AM »

Those of you still playing, could you keep us informed if anything changes? I wouldnt mind giving the game a try, I just dont want my first experience to be met with extreme sadness.

Will do, but the situation is pretty dire right now. Folks are hitting the higher levels 30+ now with more frequency (Abyssea style grinding works - mad surplus though) but server populations have taken a nosedive. 900-1500 during peak hours on Trabia, which is a third of what it was at launch. Outside of the storyline quests there isn't much there. Factionleves are little more than new flavors of Guildleves that cost points. All the cool mobs are way too high to kill and folks are pretty much grinding on Efts or Skeletons to 50. The planned addition of NMs to Factionleves will help but they need a fundamental redesign of content. Right now leves aren't efficient to level with after level 20, and by then your sick of doing the same ones. It's like grinding daily quests in WoW from level 1. The storyline is really cool and has alot of promise but getting there is a chore. Crafting 20+ is soul crushing. I don't think the game will survive till PS3 launch from the lack of revenue if more people quit. There's potential for some great content but I don't know if SE has the competence or the passion to create it.  The game right now is so dependent on having access to other players for progression, the plummeting population means less progression for everyone, unless you go full craftsman. Unfortunately the lack of players means less trade which makes the already tedious task of crafting even less rewarding.

The main issue is that there really isn't anything in the game that could be quantified as fun. The solo experience is boring, and the group content is limited to grinding the same mobs over and over. At least in XI your endgame had some rewards for the tedium, but right now XIV is a vacuous shell devoid of players permeated with hours of empty gameplay and infrequent pockets of brilliant storytelling that just doesn't get expressed in gameplay. I can't recommend anyone getting into the game in this state. Will update you if anything monumental happens.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 04:05:23 AM by Tenchi-no-Ryu » Logged
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #622 on: November 06, 2010, 11:52:20 AM »

That's pretty shocking to hear from you Tenchi since you've been the most adamant about this game from the beginning
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #623 on: November 06, 2010, 12:30:29 PM »

I find it hilarious that he's gone from calling everyone else in this thread a bunch of crybabies to reiterating the same shit we said a month ago.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #624 on: November 06, 2010, 03:25:17 PM »

Could it finally have happened? Is this doomed to be the FINAL Final Fantasy?

lolno

TASTY!
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #625 on: November 06, 2010, 04:03:31 PM »

Could it finally have happened? Is this doomed to be the FINAL Final Fantasy?

lolno

It's bound to be the last MMO for a long, long time!
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #626 on: November 06, 2010, 06:23:33 PM »

That's pretty shocking to hear from you Tenchi since you've been the most adamant about this game from the beginning

Well I still stand by the games potential but if there's no playerbase no amount of fixing will help it. Unlike Parn I actually stuck around to see what content was actually there after level 20, opinions prior are pretty much baseless. Sadly the SP gains become more and more deplorable for leves which leaves grinding as the only real alternative. It's nothing new for FFXI but there's no point since there's no endgame yet and since there's no engaging content after 20, just more of the same in slightly different flavors. There's more options but there's no enough variety to make it last long enough to be interesting anymore a few weeks. It's a shame too because the. Level II weaponskills are pretty cool. Battle Regemins are still unusable so combat is nothing more than WS spam. With the average SP party bring 10+ people the input lag gets pretty bad and there's no aesthetic value cause it's a non stop lightshow. Eh, who knows where the game will be come March but there is barely enough playerbase to support it now.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #627 on: November 06, 2010, 08:41:05 PM »

Using this logic, obviously you should just keep giving me all of your money, because eventually I could give back 10x that amount, but you'll never know unless you do it past...say....50 thousand dollars. Pretty sure the sma...I mean undevoted people would stop before that, because they don't have patience.

TASTY!
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #628 on: November 06, 2010, 08:50:32 PM »

yeah man you are not allowed to express your dislike of ffxi until you reach level 75 all opinions prior to level 75 are baseless
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #629 on: November 06, 2010, 09:17:31 PM »

So sorry, I have the trolls on ignore. You were saying Thoren?
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 54 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: