Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 20, 2014, 04:43:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341078 Posts in 13940 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  FFXIV Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 54 Print
Author Topic: FFXIV Thread  (Read 117426 times)
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #630 on: November 06, 2010, 09:41:13 PM »

trolls

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #631 on: November 06, 2010, 09:41:58 PM »

Dude he ignored you, he won't be able to see this obviously.

TASTY!
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #632 on: November 10, 2010, 11:21:36 AM »

i have a question i was looking over some of the abilities and there is way to many aoe moves. also the pugilist has way too many moves that depend on you evading an attack. now i played a monk in ffxi wich has B evasion and i think i skilled up evasion more times than i actually evaded attacks. and what if your pugilist in a party with a proper tank? wont you be nerfed by the fact that so many of your abilities require you to evade? from what i've read so far lancer looks like the best class. at least for my tastes. i'm guessing theres something i'm missing here?
« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 11:23:19 AM by Alisha » Logged

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #633 on: November 10, 2010, 05:45:39 PM »

You can turn AOE on or off for abilities.  As for most moves requiring an evade and that gimping pugilist, well... ask Square Enix.  They're busy having issues with inventory sort and search functionality for basic database shit, so don't expect much.
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #634 on: November 10, 2010, 11:30:32 PM »

A comment featured on Yahoo.com

http://blog.games.yahoo.com/photos/178-biggest-game-flops-of-2010/1#OmgPhoid=2
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #635 on: November 11, 2010, 04:55:59 AM »

i have a question i was looking over some of the abilities and there is way to many aoe moves. also the pugilist has way too many moves that depend on you evading an attack. now i played a monk in ffxi wich has B evasion and i think i skilled up evasion more times than i actually evaded attacks. and what if your pugilist in a party with a proper tank? wont you be nerfed by the fact that so many of your abilities require you to evade? from what i've read so far lancer looks like the best class. at least for my tastes. i'm guessing theres something i'm missing here?

The PUG has alot of abilities that do require evasion, but remember that 90% of the abilities within the Disciplines are interchangeable. Your encouraged to level more than one class, and almost all of the DoW classes have useful attacks and abilities by level 10-16 to mix into your class of choice.  PUGs are definately viable tanks as are MRDs but they don't suffer one bit if they aren't in the tanking role. Concussive Blow is your bread and butter as PUG (it stacks), but mix it in with Skull Sunder from MRD (damage on hit as well as DoT for very low TP cost) and hell, any WS's from Lancer and they do even more obnoxious damage. Once you get Pummel (your first purchasable guild mark attack) you'll feel like your using Hundred-Fists all the time. Throw in Feint (LNC 20) and your misses proc a WS with 100% accuracy.

LNC is a fun class, but its probably the next to lowest damage output class of the DoW (GLD being the lowest). Its a versatile class with alot of debuffs and abilites to aid your parties HP and TP regen/regain but accuracy is a MAJOR issue -which is why it gets Feint. PUGs, ARC and MRDs murder the hell out mobs.
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #636 on: November 11, 2010, 05:13:54 AM »

Lodestone has new information on the upcoming version updates, including the one for next year.

Comprehensive List of Content from Large-Scale Version Updates

Newest update - Hit 30 LNC and started hitting 20 on more of the crafts so getting to see alot more storyline. Each class (all 18 of them) has their own stories that are related to the nations that house their guilds. These aren't fluff either - they're almost as involved as the main storyline of each nation. By leveling several at once you get a much better experience of the game world.  Still waaaay too much running around, but the storyline is getting pretty damn cool. It appears Garuda is also present as is a new race of creatures who look like angels of death. Got a peek at some of the mecha from the Garlean Empire too. I'm finding that playing the game like XI (focusing on grouping for leveling) makes the ranks move by at a much better pace as guildleves aren't worth doing after 20 other than for guild marks, faction points and cash. Some of the faction leves are giving out ruined equipment ala cursed gear that high level crafters can restore to sickening statistics. I found that putting the guildleves on the back burner after 20 to focus on other things directly like leveling has helped alot of the tedium. Content (not storyline) remains thin but with a faster pace of leveling there's more missions to do - which is a huge plus.

We have a lot of crafters hitting 50 now and some of the gear they're putting out is simply stunning - unfortunately you need a pocket crafter to keep your gear in working order. Getting to see some of the higher level dungeon areas and mobs which is refreshing. ex. Discovered there's an entire subterranean lair of giant ants below Copperbell Mines, so there's dungeons within dungeons. Unfortunately people are still camping the same set of creatures, but folks are branching out more into the recesses of the world and its alot bigger than it seems.
Datastorm

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #637 on: November 11, 2010, 08:59:42 AM »

« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 05:23:32 PM by Datastorm » Logged

doh
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #638 on: November 11, 2010, 09:54:34 AM »

I guess trying to be the first at posting information was more important than reading the previous post that already posted that link.

It's nice that they plan to add all that stuff, but once again, most of it should have already been in place.  Right now, that's all just a bunch of words and intent.  When they're actually in the game, then we'll talk.
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #639 on: November 11, 2010, 10:21:11 AM »

Aside from that, a lot of those things are vague to the point where it's like...well, no duh they were going to do those things?

"We're going to adjust classes"

Yeah, never seen an MMO do that before. =P

Also I think it's worth noting that more of the actual content (IE stuff that's not what should've been in the box at launch) is from the "First 2011 update"...which apparently has no set date, even month-wise, yet.

They had a whole year planned out ahead of time for XI that they showed at VanaFest 2010. They didn't completely follow the schedule, of course, but it does show better form than just listing off things that have no description/are too broad/obvious.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 10:23:46 AM by Hathen » Logged
Datastorm

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #640 on: November 11, 2010, 12:37:19 PM »

« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 05:23:49 PM by Datastorm » Logged

doh
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #641 on: November 16, 2010, 02:31:17 AM »

It's time to pay for your sins boys.

Meanwhile... Sakaguchi is living a happy life since he left Squaresoft.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 02:35:22 AM by Yggdrasil » Logged
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #642 on: November 16, 2010, 08:59:48 AM »

Jesus, that was a harsh interview. Feel sorry for those guys out in front taking all the fire, heh.
Datastorm

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #643 on: November 16, 2010, 09:36:12 AM »

« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 05:24:05 PM by Datastorm » Logged

doh
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #644 on: November 16, 2010, 11:19:39 AM »

Jesus, that was a harsh interview. Feel sorry for those guys out in front taking all the fire, heh.

Good man, we need people who ask the real questions.

Also he explained that the recycled scenery is due to the high graphic fidelity, lol. That's what the game gets for using pre-set terrain instead of terraformed shit
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 54 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: