Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 01, 2014, 08:32:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
330119 Posts in 13528 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  FFXIV Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 54 Print
Author Topic: FFXIV Thread  (Read 110735 times)
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #645 on: November 16, 2010, 12:01:29 PM »

So......how many of you guys are going to quit playing now that the free trials are ending?

I think most of the people posting here quit before they extended the trial. :P

Datastorm

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #646 on: November 16, 2010, 12:14:43 PM »

« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 05:22:55 PM by Datastorm » Logged

doh
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #647 on: November 16, 2010, 03:57:58 PM »

I personally quit 5 days in to my 60 day trial, haha. It was a buddy code too.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #648 on: November 16, 2010, 04:46:13 PM »

How sad.
I have a soft spot for online games, I hate myself for it, and I would have loved to play "the next big FF MMO"; but if people are quitting even DESPITE a free trial.... well, yikes.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #649 on: November 17, 2010, 07:18:56 PM »

I spent a few minutes considering the purchase of a new videocard along with FFXIV to showcase it, but... the game would still probably run poorly, and Cataclysm is around the corner.

How badly do I need to save $30 for two free months of play time?  I can wait until the time is right.

If you re-spec your elduhz and own a Vita - http://twitter.com/BSNursery
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #650 on: November 18, 2010, 10:34:07 AM »

So......how many of you guys are going to quit playing now that the free trials are ending?

I think most of the people posting here quit before they extended the trial. :P

Still playing actually and looking forward to hitting cap hopefully before the holidays. 33 LNC now and about 4th tier Fatigue unfortunately. Carpentry is kicking my ass though >.<

I will say playing with people who actually enjoy the game (yes, they still exist) and are looking forward to its evolution and improvement have gone a long way into revitalizing my enthusiasm for the game. Having to listen to all the negative Nelly's for weeks on end about shit that will eventually be fixed in short order was a real downer. I just think its kind of sad that the same people who quit the game are still bitching about it. I'm not holding my breath for them to come back even after the large patches on Nov 25th and Dec, because more than half of them will still find something else they don't like about the game so they can continue to have something to complain about. I do hope that the players who genuinely want to play the game after its issues have been addressed will come back and play, because the game is so much more fun with a group. The others can go play Cataclysm and find stuff to bitch about there too.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 11:33:48 AM by Tenchi-no-Ryu » Logged
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #651 on: November 18, 2010, 03:08:02 PM »

eventually be fixed in short order

I think this sums up how badly people try to justify some of the nonsensical shortcomings of this game pretty well.

more than half of them will still find something else they don't like about the game so they can continue to have something to complain about

Ah yes, the good ol' "you'd complain about something even if it was perfect" argument.

who genuinely want to play the game

ITT: People who wanted something out of the game enough to stick through a heavily flawed alpha/beta, then spend $50+ on it despite that didn't want the game to be good.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 03:18:18 PM by Hathen » Logged
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #652 on: November 18, 2010, 03:41:29 PM »

I think this sums up how badly people try to justify some of the nonsensical shortcomings of this game pretty well.

more than half of them will still find something else they don't like about the game so they can continue to have something to complain about

Ah yes, the good ol' "you'd complain about something even if it was perfect" argument.

ITT: People who wanted something out of the game enough to stick through a heavily flawed alpha/beta, then spend $50+ on it despite that didn't want the game to be good.

Jaded much? How about you bring something new to the table. As you don't play the game and have no interest in doing so and the complaint train has run its course, why are you even still contributing to this thread?
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #653 on: November 18, 2010, 04:07:51 PM »

How about you bring something new to the table.

That's what I'm waiting for SE to do.

As you don't play the game and have no interest in doing so

Actually, like many other people I may still give it a chance when PS3 version comes along; It's why I bother reading update notes and such at all. You seem to be under the delusion that people who dislike the game in its current state are keeping up on it just so they can make fun of it. I'll only continue to do so as long as SE thinks that I'm going to be thanking them for implementing basic functions that pretty much every other MMO has, including their very own- you know, the one that they said they'd be taking their years of experience from.

why are you even still contributing to this thread?

Because you're asking me to.

no rly

Your passive-aggressive thing isn't exactly subtle.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #654 on: November 18, 2010, 07:01:56 PM »

Jaded much? How about you bring something new to the table. As you don't play the game and have no interest in doing so and the complaint train has run its course, why are you even still contributing to this thread?
You can't just dismiss perfectly valid complaints and criticism because you like the game. Putting up strawman arguments doesn't strengthen your position, it only undermines it. I know for a fact that half the people in this thread who are still complaining about FFXIV are people who really wanted it to succeed and are severely disappointed at its current state. It's fine that you like it, but "ENJOY IT OR GTFO" is not a compelling argument.

Cesta

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #655 on: November 18, 2010, 08:36:46 PM »

Hey Tenchi. Can this game be maxed out on the Asus G73?
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #656 on: November 19, 2010, 03:16:24 AM »

How is it possible that FFXIV currently is making Phantasy Star Universe look like a good mmo?

Even better, how are people STILL defending this? Do you all walk around with a big sign that says "Insert stick here" right on your ass? I don't get it, why not just stop playing the game, play something DECENT for a small while, and check on the game when it finally starts to get cleaned up?

Or just keep playing, and tell us how your game is so great.

TASTY!
Datastorm

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #657 on: November 19, 2010, 09:13:32 AM »

« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 05:23:13 PM by Datastorm » Logged

doh
Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #658 on: November 20, 2010, 12:11:28 AM »

I gotta say Stephen, I think you're a little too near your fandom right now. From any perspective, be it as an investor, a developer, or a player, FFXIV is a dead-on-arrival product. It has too many problems. If they're fixed down the line, great. It becomes viable. But right now, it's like renting an apartment that lacks plumbing and windows. Sure, you can get them put in, but until the landlord fixes such issues, it's not a place I'd want to live.

It feels very much like you're making the argument that people don't "get it" when it comes to FFXIV, which isn't the case at all. Gamers often get a variety of Stockholme Syndrome, wherein they defend the developer or game despite all rational arguments telling them otherwise. I've been there myself, and I'm sure we all have. There are guilty pleasures we all enjoy, and some of us aren't ashamed. There's nothing wrong with that.

The issue I think most people have with your method is that you attempt to validate your opinion in a factual way, or resort to a defensive tone, neither of which holds up when the situation is this one-sided. I understand loyalty to a brand, to a company, a product, or even standing by your investment and purchases, but you can't be too self-righteous about it.

On the other hand? Yeah, I'll agree that some people go too far with the "hurr hurr bad gaem is bad" tone of voice. It's not fun to sit back and watch while your guilty pleasure gets slammed. Sometimes you just can't and you need to say something. Again, been there, done that. But remember, you cannot then go out slagging people because they have valid complaints, no matter how numerous or aggressive they may be.

In the end, this thread isn't just for praise, awe, and neutrality. It's also for bitterness, disgust, and disappointment. It's for the grievances as much as for the applause. I'd say we all have to respect that.
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #659 on: November 20, 2010, 12:51:16 AM »

Personally, I got a kick out of the passive-aggressive cheapshots in his new journal thread all while insisting it be kept free of drama.

I plan on playing the game again when I get back from Thanksgiving vacation to give the game another shot, since it won't cost me any more than I already spent to see what they've addressed with the upcoming update.  I like to consider my commentary on the game the rational, normal person's perspective on it and will provide more of it for whatever the game's worth.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 54 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: