Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 25, 2014, 08:47:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334846 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  FFXIV Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 54 Print
Author Topic: FFXIV Thread  (Read 114166 times)
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #735 on: May 25, 2011, 07:28:23 AM »

Wow lot of hate in this thread and lot of people that I do not think really know what there talking about. We do mmo show every Sunday and have people from FF14 in there all the time. They are enjoying the game now and most give it a score of 7 or 8 out of 10. This is after massive changes that are done in 2 updates a month from the new team. The biggest problem now with the game itself is the missing content to continue on. Since they are 3 months or more delayed in rebuilding in the life cycle of the game. The community that does enjoy the game are having to wait now for more game play.

I have the PC version and broadcasted it a few times to 100+ audiences live, with few people who where not impressed by what it looks like now. But I am waiting for PS3 myself to really dig in. I think by the time that comes out it will be full MMO that we did expect on day one.

BTW anyone that thinks they have opinion of game that only played the beta you did not even touch what FF14 is now so I really wish you guys would stop the hate.

Fuck you, fanboy.  The only reason you're defending it is because it says Final Fantasy on the cover of the box.  I like how you want to come to the defense of this game, only to follow up with an admission that you yourself aren't really into the game and are going to wait for the PS3 version which is allegedly when the game will be the full MMO that we expected from day one.  That's the fucking point.  We paid full retail price for a blatantly unfinished product.

It'll get better you say?  That's the story of every MMO on the market.
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #736 on: May 25, 2011, 08:47:45 AM »

I have fun shitting all over this game.  I consider it my revenge for their selling me the worst collector's edition product I've ever bought.

It wasn't as bad as Civ5's, though.  That was a garbage collector's edition and grossly overpriced.

As for FFXIV, well, it's pretty awful still.  It's outclassed by titles like Rift and DCUO, which both saw release after it did.  Rift blows it out of the water with total content, customization, everything.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #737 on: May 25, 2011, 12:09:04 PM »

Wow lot of hate in this thread and lot of people that I do not think really know what there talking about. We do mmo show every Sunday and have people from FF14 in there all the time. They are enjoying the game now and most give it a score of 7 or 8 out of 10. This is after massive changes that are done in 2 updates a month from the new team. The biggest problem now with the game itself is the missing content to continue on. Since they are 3 months or more delayed in rebuilding in the life cycle of the game. The community that does enjoy the game are having to wait now for more game play.

I have the PC version and broadcasted it a few times to 100+ audiences live, with few people who where not impressed by what it looks like now. But I am waiting for PS3 myself to really dig in. I think by the time that comes out it will be full MMO that we did expect on day one.

BTW anyone that thinks they have opinion of game that only played the beta you did not even touch what FF14 is now so I really wish you guys would stop the hate.
I really wish that when you judged a game, you did so with the fanboy glasses off, because anyone without a damaged retina can tell FFXIV should have been scrapped, and anyone sorry enough to pay for it deserves their money back and big fat apology from squeenix.

Would you pay full price for a computer that doesn't have a mother board? How about a T.V. that doesn't have a power supply? A game console without a disc drive? A happy meal without a toy? No, so why would you buy a game that isn't finished, or worse, is broken? I could understand a lack of content to an extent, but it was missing certain functions that you really need to play it well. It's because of fanboys like you that Square Enix releases shitty titles, slaps a big ole FF logo on them, and gets away with releasing crap. Christ Sega did a better job of releasing an MMO than SE did, and PSU was terrible shit (I can't really call PSO an MMO since it wasn't really all that massive, but thats me and even then PSO>>>>>FFXIV).

TASTY!
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #738 on: June 03, 2011, 12:10:39 AM »

Fuck you, fanboy.  The only reason you're defending it is because it says Final Fantasy on the cover of the box.  I like how you want to come to the defense of this game, only to follow up with an admission that you yourself aren't really into the game and are going to wait for the PS3 version which is allegedly when the game will be the full MMO that we expected from day one.  That's the fucking point.  We paid full retail price for a blatantly unfinished product.

It'll get better you say?  That's the story of every MMO on the market.

Let's keep the insults to a minimum. Everyone who uses these forums have a right to express their opinions. Telling people to fuck themselves won't get your point across, it'll just get the thread locked and the offending users banned. Consider this a warning. Keep it civil.
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #739 on: June 03, 2011, 12:53:03 AM »

Actually it gets his point across quite well that he's extremely disappointed and dissatisfied with FF14.

Considering this thread hasn't even had a reply in over a week and it was only a few posts, was this powertrip of yours really necessary?  Other mods didn't say anything - hell the 2nd in command didn't even say a thing.  Seems rather silly to bring back it up unless you're trying to defend/protect FF14.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #740 on: June 03, 2011, 09:37:33 AM »

Actually it gets his point across quite well that he's extremely disappointed and dissatisfied with FF14.

Considering this thread hasn't even had a reply in over a week and it was only a few posts, was this powertrip of yours really necessary?  Other mods didn't say anything - hell the 2nd in command didn't even say a thing.  Seems rather silly to bring back it up unless you're trying to defend/protect FF14.

We had people report the post yesterday and all of the mods/admins got an e-mail about it.  I try to keep my hands out of moderation, now, as well.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #741 on: June 03, 2011, 08:25:29 PM »

Just black out the Fuck you fanboy, everything else is somewhat civil...maybe a bit on the aggressive side, but civil. Can't blame Parn though, game is shit on wheels, much like the last 3 iterations of FF in general. Suckers buy it, and keep buying it.

That being said, I'm kind of at an impass, Word's out that Squeenix is remaking FFV now, and I liked V and VI a great deal. However, the 3 remakes of IV kind of tell me not to bother....but I like V and VI ALOT!!!

TASTY!
Uru

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #742 on: June 16, 2011, 10:25:53 AM »

Have they made any changes to the game yet? I remember them saying they were going to revamp everything to make it a better game but then it all just kind of disappeared, so has anything changed to those still playing?
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #743 on: June 21, 2011, 01:06:57 AM »

Datastorm

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #744 on: June 22, 2011, 08:52:06 AM »

« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 05:20:30 PM by Datastorm » Logged

doh
Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #745 on: June 24, 2011, 12:54:15 AM »

So, I have to ask -- all technical shit aside: Is this a fun game yet? Is it unbroken? Is it better than FFXI as an experience?
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #746 on: June 24, 2011, 07:18:04 AM »

The update notes Parn posted a page back was the latest major patch they had, since then minor patches have come, mostly containing bug fixes. Probably can extrapolate plenty from that.

I still don't think the game is very fun, because the game is still having an identity crisis, IMO.

Also, even though the pauses in between selling items and whatnot has been reduced significantly, it's still there and very noticeable to anybody who has played any other MMO (aside from XI) before, because it's basically hard-coded into how the game works.
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #747 on: July 16, 2011, 09:48:10 PM »

In light of the recent news that FFXIV is still in dev for PS3, there's some major changes coming down the pipe this coming Friday when patch 1.18 arrives. I'll hit on a couple of the major points for your discussion.

1. The abolition of the fatigue system.

2. The addition of 2 instanced raid-style dungeons (timed) one for mid level (4 members) one for high level (8 members).

3. The removal of the guildleve timer and the revision of guildleves as the staple for solo play as more traditional quests with EXP/SP rewards and equipment appropriate for the region obtained. Local levequests will be revamped the same way as well.

4. The true introduction of Grand Companies as quest factions with token rewards that can be used as currency for faction specific equipment.

5. The removal of the stamina bar and the implementation of auto attack and a more traditional ability cooldown timer.

6. The introduction of new Weaponskills and abilities and the revision of old skills.

7. Removal of Anima cost for Return and the addition of a 15 min cooldown timer.

All in all, it looks like the first REAL content patch, so it should be interesting to observe the community's reaction to it. I've been playing very sporadically over the last couple of months, and I'm actually lookig forward to this. The NM and quest patches offered some light diversions but nothing that would convince people to come back. The revamping of the combat system, more consistent solo friendly content and some mid and high level dungeons are really needed and are hopefully meaty enough to renew interest.
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #748 on: July 16, 2011, 09:55:56 PM »

Also per the Producer, Chocobos, airships, jump button and new quest hub camps are on the horizon as well. My thoughts are that we will see an announcement for PS3 release and the end of the free trial period around the one year anniversary of the game. In regards to the question of the game being fun, we will see after the new patch. There just wasn't much to do that wasn't repetitive once you reached cap and eveything tended toward inconvenience instead of "fun."

I will say however, that what SE has done with FFXI since the introduction of Abyssea has been incredibly entertaining. I hope to see that level of Pokemon-style addicting content in FFXIV sooner rather than later.

edit- Chocobo rental will go live in 1.19 and they are also revising the zone maps. Probably to alleviate the problems with terrain repetition/C&P.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 10:01:59 PM by Tenchi-no-Ryu » Logged
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #749 on: July 17, 2011, 02:01:56 AM »

In regards to the question of the game being fun, we will see after the new patch.

Are you serious? ಠ_ಠ
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 54 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: