Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2014, 01:11:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334549 Posts in 13704 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  FFXIV Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 Print
Author Topic: FFXIV Thread  (Read 113825 times)
Solstafir

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #780 on: September 03, 2011, 05:50:47 PM »

I'm still loosely following the updates they're doing from time to time and my feelings towards them is generally positive. I do want to give this game another try in the future when it's "ready".

Although you have to wonder how long the game is going to be in the red. The fact they are still working on it and getting almost no revenue is pretty dangerous.
Yeah, I dunno. I mean, it's Square Enix it would (maybe) be safe to assume have the cash reserves to be literally bleeding money on this for a bit. It's certainly an, um, interesting scenario to say the least.

They're counting on the PS3 release giving them a second chance.  FFXI was the most profitable venture in Square Enix's history, and they were banking on XIV being successful.  They're not going to give up on it just yet.  There's a reason why there are no reviews for FFXIV in Japan (all gaming publications there have to kiss Square Enix's ass).  The PS3 release presents an opportunity to portray nothing but positive commentary, which may help the PC release recover, at least in Japan anyway.
heh, makes perfect sense in that sort of context.

John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #781 on: September 03, 2011, 07:38:11 PM »

Wow, what an amazing thread.  All of you need to tone it down.  Every single one of you.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #782 on: September 03, 2011, 09:44:34 PM »

Interesting, that all these other guys can swear around and be nasty to each other but I can't....

If it gets too heated they won't be immune, but you've bumped the thread after weeks of dormancy with incendiary posts, twice. There may not have been this nastiness now if you didn't (see: the spunoff CIVIL discussion), and swearing's your own hangup, not something in and of itself we're dinging you for.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #783 on: September 04, 2011, 12:19:06 AM »

Datastorm. I will say this once, and once only.

Shut the fuck up.

Interesting, that all these other guys can swear around and be nasty to each other but I can't....
You lost the moral high ground - if you were ever on it to begin with - when you started insulting people for disliking a game you were pissing yourself over.if they were going into other threads to troll about how much the game sucks, it'd be different. But they're not, now are they?

Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #784 on: September 23, 2011, 05:28:01 AM »

Everyone, lower your swords. I say we drop this argument and all go on a grand online adventure together on Final Fantasy XIV.
Demon_Princess_Kay
Banninated

AnarchKay
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #785 on: September 23, 2011, 05:34:46 AM »

Everyone, lower your swords. I say we drop this argument and all go on a grand online adventure together on Final Fantasy XIV.

Only if you give me a cookie

Solstafir

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #786 on: September 24, 2011, 02:25:12 AM »

is that code for buddy pass?

Demon_Princess_Kay
Banninated

AnarchKay
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #787 on: September 24, 2011, 02:52:51 AM »

No, it's code for a cookie. I'm hungry.

Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #788 on: September 25, 2011, 02:37:31 AM »

No, it's code for a cookie. I'm hungry.

I will feed you.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #789 on: September 25, 2011, 08:30:30 PM »

A response like this from you is awesome.  And so is a response like that

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #790 on: September 25, 2011, 10:42:50 PM »

I have some new neighbors and one of the couple is a big FF fan, and loves RPGs in general. He was telling me how before 14 came out he got 2 new PCs so him and his +1 could play it together. Two new gaming PCs and the premium version of 14... poor bastard.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #791 on: September 25, 2011, 11:02:37 PM »

I have some new neighbors and one of the couple is a big FF fan, and loves RPGs in general. He was telling me how before 14 came out he got 2 new PCs so him and his +1 could play it together. Two new gaming PCs and the premium version of 14... poor bastard.

Maybe The Old Republic will be a solid alternative. Though they could've still waited until this year to have more powerful PCs for it.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 04:52:13 PM by Eusis » Logged
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #792 on: September 25, 2011, 11:32:51 PM »

Are these they gay guys? They are trying to replace me, aren't they! AREN'T THEY!

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #793 on: September 25, 2011, 11:59:42 PM »

So insecure!
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #794 on: September 26, 2011, 04:44:44 PM »

Tell them about Tera or Guild Wars 2.  Might interest them.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: