Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2014, 07:29:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319128 Posts in 13033 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  The Official Final Fantasy XIII Japanese Release Topic
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13 Print
Author Topic: The Official Final Fantasy XIII Japanese Release Topic  (Read 24004 times)
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: January 11, 2010, 03:21:27 PM »

I'm so anxious to get my hands on this game it's not even funny. Seriously, I'm counting the days here.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: January 11, 2010, 03:44:21 PM »

OK, so I just read Akiras review. His "major flaw" is not even a blip on the radar for me. I have ZERO interest in replaying games, let alone the time to do so.
I'm a music nut, so his comments there have me very excited. Add in amazing graphics, and a great battle system, and this sounds like something I want to play NOW.
2 months...

Playing: A Link Between Worlds
Reading: Cosmos by Carl Sagan
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: January 11, 2010, 03:53:16 PM »

I wish I had time to replay games...as it is I consider myself lucky if I actually have the time to finish a game the first time through.

But yeah, I'm pretty excited about this game.  It sounds pretty fresh and different to me, with a solid story and excellent production values.  Is it a 'true' RPG?  Who cares so long as it's fun.

Robert Boyd

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: January 11, 2010, 03:55:14 PM »

Yeah, seriously. Any game that's 60+ hours long isn't going to have a whole lot of replayability no matter what simply by being virtue of being 60+ hours long. I mean, Persona 4 is one of my favorite games of all time, but I have no clue if I'm ever going to replay it because it's such a big investment in time.

bigdeath

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: January 11, 2010, 05:32:20 PM »

Ah,  Akiras opinions. Honesty...Fallout 3: GOTY Edition, Infinite Space, and Demon's Souls better games....Eh.....no........

But different people different taste. Looks like I'll love FF13.

There's no lovable idiot like Vaan around for comic relief

Thank god, I hate Vaan. I hate Vaan so much.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 05:39:21 PM by bigdeath » Logged
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: January 11, 2010, 05:38:50 PM »

And 60 hours doesn't even include all the sidequests. Then there will be DLC.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: January 11, 2010, 05:57:05 PM »

How do I order the OST?

I HIGHLY recommend Play-Asia.

http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-83-28zk-71-na-49-en-15-Final+Fantasy+XIII-84-j-70-3mac-43-9v.html

And if you use the specific link I just copied, you can help support RPGFan! It's a win-win. *wink*

Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: January 11, 2010, 08:18:42 PM »

Ah,  Akiras opinions. Honesty...Fallout 3: GOTY Edition, Infinite Space, and Demon's Souls better games....Eh.....no........

How can you say those games aren't better and they say you WILL love FF13, implying you haven't played it. Doesn't sit right...

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 11, 2010, 09:18:45 PM »

How can you say those games aren't better and they say you WILL love FF13, implying you haven't played it. Doesn't sit right...

Because he's an idiot fanboy that's letting his own hopes override logic. I also doubt he's really paying attention to how that statement was phrased, I take it he meant that FFXIII was less of a game and more of an experience unlike the other games listed.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 04:39:54 AM by Eusis » Logged
Madoka

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: January 11, 2010, 09:25:40 PM »

I HIGHLY recommend Play-Asia.

http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-83-28zk-71-na-49-en-15-Final+Fantasy+XIII-84-j-70-3mac-43-9v.html

And if you use the specific link I just copied, you can help support RPGFan! It's a win-win. *wink*

Oh, score, they take PayPal. I hate having my CC numbers all over the internet to sometimes buy one or two items at one online shop. One great online shop didn't even need you to open an account to buy from them.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: January 12, 2010, 10:02:05 AM »

Ah,  Akiras opinions. Honestly...Fallout 3: GOTY Edition, Infinite Space, and Demon's Souls better games....Eh.....no........

How can you say those games aren't better, and then say you WILL love FF13, implying you haven't played it. Doesn't sit right...
Seriously, BD, your statement makes no sense unless you've already played the game. Wishful thinking really doesn't count for anything.
I imagine I'll like FFXIII more than those games, too, but I can't possibly know this until I play it.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 12:07:44 PM by GrimReality » Logged

CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: January 12, 2010, 11:23:21 AM »

Ah,  Akiras opinions. Honestly...Fallout 3: GOTY Edition, Infinite Space, and Demon's Souls better games....Eh.....no........

How can you say those games aren't better, and then say you WILL love FF13, implying you haven't played it. Doesn't sit right...
Seriously, BD, your statement makes no sense unless you've already played the game. Wishful thinking really doesn't count for anything.
I imagine I'll like FFVIII more than those games, too, but I can't possibly know this until I play it.

Hm, that depends, having to draw magic and the junction system might not be your thing, a lot of people complain about those ;-)

GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: January 12, 2010, 12:08:38 PM »

Ah,  Akiras opinions. Honestly...Fallout 3: GOTY Edition, Infinite Space, and Demon's Souls better games....Eh.....no........

I imagine I'll like FFVIII more than those games, too, but I can't possibly know this until I play it.

Hm, that depends, having to draw magic and the junction system might not be your thing, a lot of people complain about those ;-)

Yeah yeah. I just noticed my error. fixed!
; - )

xellos2099

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: January 12, 2010, 12:31:03 PM »

Do Lighting soften up later on or she remain the Ice cold babe till the end?
bigdeath

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: January 12, 2010, 02:27:48 PM »

Ah,  Akiras opinions. Honesty...Fallout 3: GOTY Edition, Infinite Space, and Demon's Souls better games....Eh.....no........

Well, I've watched the Japanese import being played and been lucky enough to play some of the game myself so FF13 is quite spoiled for me. Of course, benefits of having a friend crazy enough to order the Japanese Import despite the cost. Jeez, you'd think people would give me the benefit of the doubt instead of assuming I was some idot fanboy. :(

Eusis:

No, I mean FF13 is a better game. Demon Soul is more aggravating to me than anything else. And Infinity Space doesn't look anything special to me. Could be wrong, haven't played it. Fallout 3 is fun but a bit too different than what I want out of a Final Fantasy game. Like comparing appels to oranges in my mind. Ones a free exploration game and the other is a very linear story driven game.

Do Lighting soften up later on or she remain the Ice cold babe till the end?

Eh, all the characters have their light hearted momments but don't expect Lighting to change from her stoic self.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 02:46:28 PM by bigdeath » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: